It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*A Proposition For All ATS Member*

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If you submerse yourself into these kind of topics too much and lack a balance in your life it is going to breed negativity, and often times this is how the extremist are born.

I have worked with a few people in my job who have been taken over by sites like this one, and has really hurt them they already had an under lying illness so that is part of the reason.
It really comes down to the person and the initial state of mind as well.

I could probably lose my job, or be ridiculed severely for even belonging to a site like this now that I think of it.

I notice that ATS, and other sites with the same "atmosphere" has been effecting my dreams, I've had dreams of war, Obama being re elected haha, and a few dreams about "Jesus" appearing in the sky and the government starting the NWO haha, yeah but I am able to say "they are just dreams, I subject myself to this material, maybe I should take a walk, find some peace in the corner of my own little world",But I honestly have more important, more immediate, more personal things in my life going on to really even let the things on this site/world effect to me to the point where I lose a lust/joy for life, I need to take advantage of every minute I have, as we all should we don't know when we are going to die, we will all probably die from something that has nothing to do with our fears, but don't let that fear of whatever come in the way of love for life or your family, that is not a life worth living.
No matter how many ugly things you think there are in this world the more you add to the list, the more clouded the beautiful things become, and trust me there is beauty everywhere.
There is simply beauty in the fact that you are breathing with a heart beat at this very moment, cherish it.

Everyone needs balance, some people strive for chaos, some people can not help to fall into the pit falls of paranoia or fearmongering, and some people could sit on this site all day and live a happy peaceful life it comes down to how self aware you are, and the individual person mixed with a little common sense, logic and reason.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

awesome, everything you say is true.

The deceivers in the latter days, false teachers and prophets are everywhere, they could post here, they can be news casters and politicians.

I too have to take a break from the madness.

"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken"

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
There's just no way I could take a break from all news...ATS and/or otherwise...for a month...there's just too much going on. I've done it before and now feel that I have huge gaps I can never fill, because I guess for me it's like millions of little pieces of information that connect, converge, and diverge to create a big picture. I try to find other ways to replenish the energy this can rob a soul of and to deflect the negativity....sometimes successfully and sometimes not. But that's just me.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
...... Well, this isnt quite the proposition I was expecting, .... to be frank, I'm somewhat embarrased, ....... now if you'll excuse me I'll simply put my pants back on and leave.

... interesting experiment, but the media doesn't frighten me, ... I absorb as much knowledge as I can, .... to stay sane ! If I didnt' stimulate thought or use my mind somehow my head would explode in a cloud boredom.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think this thread needs a litle bump so other people can see it.

*bump*

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Greetings friend! I must say I have already taken you up on your request

Take a month off from ATS, mainstream news, and anything else that propagates negativity. Just forget about it and live your daily life without these distractions. Then you will discover that life isn't as bad as it seems. We each have our own little troubles to worry about and deal with on a daily basis, why exacerbate it by paying attention to the over hyped negativity in the media?

I took about 8 months away from being online and watching TV!
I packed a bag of clothes.. Got a passport and did some well needed traveling!

I went to many places and I shed off the mind set I was falling into while being sucked into so many things..

Its just what I needed.. And I will tell you something.. It honestly helped me understand more about this world.. And more about people..

As all the knowledge I gained from places like this I took with me.. Yet I pretty much kept my mouth shut and didnt talk to much about this stuff to test the waters presay..
And I found most people I ran across world wide already know much of this. Yet again there are more than 65% of the people I met fast asleep.. And where clueless to whats going on.

And it can be dangerous to try to wake them up... So you move on with life and you find those who feel the way you do and you go from there..

So with that said.. Your proposition is a healthy one.. And I would suggest everyone at some point.. Just step back and get away from all this..

As honestly if you have the knowledge great, you are in the know..
But there is little we can do with said knowledge..

To me its enough to know.. As it raises my awareness.. And that in turn raises the overall level of the hive mind one little notch..

People will come around when its either to late.. Or like us.. Long ago and we talk till we get depressed..

You see thats part of the master plan.. they are working us down..Wearing us down slowly.. Tearing us down slowly piece by piece..
And its good to get away from all that.. Or yo will be torn down slowly..

Its what they want..

You have to resonate at a higher vibration to escape the media/tearing you down process!

Thanks for the thread! Its a good idea for anyone!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join