It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine ex-Nazis given life sentences

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Motorhead
When Nazi troops herd an entire village, men, women and children, into a town church then start throwing hand grendades through the doors and windows, that's a little different to American troops accidentally killing Iraqis.

Didn't some US troops do similar things to Vietnamese villages?

I may be wrong, but I'm sure that I have read how some Vietnamese villages were razed by bloodthirty US troops. As if the agent orange wasn't bad enough...

How many US troops were tried for war crimes in Vietnam?

Edit: Sorry, Equinox99, I never read your post before I replied to Motorhead. You said exactly the same thing about the US war crimes in Vietnam.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by tezzajw]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
well that's good. every nazi should get a life sentence, with the exception of hitler youth - i don't really think it was their fault.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
However , assembling unarmed man, old, women and children in stables and then machine-gunning them down is a little different, and if it is what realy happened,as proven in this trial - they should be punished.

Is that what happened in this case?

Anyone actually read past the title?

The nine other defendants were given life sentences for their part in the "violence and murders" which resulted in the deaths of around 350 Italian civilians and for "acting with cruelty and premeditation," said the court's verdict.

and

The inquiry into the massacres was re-opened after the military records of 695 Nazis liable to be prosecuted for war crimes committed during the Nazi retreat from Tuscany.

www.news.com.au...

So 350 people killed in this incidence and 695 NAZI's held liable and they could only find 11 to prosecute.

Does this make any sense at all? Do these numbers not scream out? What is this all about?

Oh wait here it is in the article

Germany was also condemned as a civil party to the crimes and ordered to pay $2.18 million to the families of the victims.

Why is all this still such a hot issue?

Since the Second World War, Germany has enacted a number of laws providing compensation for people who suffered persecution at the hands of the Nazis. Over the course of its forty year-plus compensation program, these laws have resulted in billions of dollars being paid to hundreds of thousands of individuals.

Compensation for crimes committed by the Nazi regime began soon after the Second World War when the occupation powers, with the exception of the Soviet Union, enacted laws in their individual zones restoring property confiscated by the Nazis to the original owners. The first such law was American: Military Government Law 59, which went into effect in November, 1947.

The Federal Republic of Germany (FRG) undertook its first compensation initiatives soon after its founding in 1949. Compensation was a high priority for Konrad Adenauer, the FRG's first Chancellor, who stated on September 27, 1951: "In our name, unspeakable crimes have been committed and demand compensation and restitution, both moral and material, for the persons and properties of the Jews who have been so seriously harmed…"

www.ushmm.org...

Has any other nation continued to demand restitution for war activities over 40 years ago?

Also this

Simultaneous and parallel negotiations occurred between the FRG and Israel. and the FRG and the Claims Conference. In September, 1952., two sets of agreements were signed at the Hague. One, between the FRG and Israel, required the FRG to provide goods and services to the newly born State of Israel. The second, between the FRG and the CJMC, required the FRG to (i) enact laws that would compensate Jewish victims of Nazi persecution directly, called Protocol No. 1, and (ii) provide funds for the relief, rehabilitation and resettlement of Jewish victims of Nazi persecution, called Protocol No. 2.

So for everyone that can still claim to be a survivor of those times, Germany is STILL paying restitution...

Any good gumshoe detective will tell you "Follow the Money"

THAT is what this is all about

At least this document allows for NON-JEWISH victims to claim money
www.ushmm.org...

Though by now how many are left that can make such a claim?

695 perps kill 350 people and its about nailing Germany for more restitution

Its always all about the gold

War is HELL on Earth... any war any where... but this?

Oh and this Iraq 'war' thing I keep hearing about? Since WHEN were we AT WAR with Iraq? I could have sworn that this was "Operation Iraqi Freedom" Are we not there to help them into democracy? Since when is Iraq our enemy?

[edit on 28-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I really don't understand why they waited 65 years to do this. They probably shouldn't have done it at all to begin with. The people who suffered at the mercy of the nazis aren't going to get their so called "justice". A lot of people are ignorant of the fact that most of the nazis were forced to worship hitler and kill jews or they themselves would be killed. Not to mention their families too. When you are forced to do something and being brainwashed at the same time it's hard to separate what's right from wrong. It's not those men who should pay the ultimate price for the deaths of those Jews. I think the people charging them have got it all wrong but that's how I feel about the whole thing.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So 350 people killed in this incidence and 695 NAZI's held liable and they could only find 11 to prosecute.

695 Nazis in total! Old documents are available, where those Nazis were, what nasty stuff they did. Those 11 were connected to this crime in Italy, others did their stuff elsewhere.
I searched the net for other article to understand what happened, this is where i found what it was. Source:
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SawtoothEagle

A lot of people are ignorant of the fact that most of the nazis were forced to worship hitler and kill jews or they themselves would be killed

Well - this is might really infuence the court, but in this case (at least) it did not because:

During the trial lead prosecutor Marco De Paolis argued that the 10, a lieutenant and nine enlisted men, chose to participate in the killings and were not just following orders.

www.guardian.co.uk...
To volunteer to do this is a little different then to be ordered to do it.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I might be the only one who feels this way, ..... but these men were soldiers. Soldiers do what their told. We all know what happened to any Nazi that defied Hitler. similar atrocity's happened in Vietnam, and any other war the world has fought. Are you saying no innocent Iraqii's have been killed ? .... wether it being misidentification or a stray bomb. Who will be held responsible for their death's ???

.... Hero's and Villains are only defined by the winners.

... These are old men, let them rest in peace.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

NINE ex-SS soldiers aged 84 to 90 have been sentenced to life imprisonment in their absence by a Rome military tribunal for the massacres of 350 civilians in Tuscany in 1944.

Why isn't hiroshima classified as a massacre? Why isn't every pilot who dropped bombs on civilians prosecuted.?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Then why not add those pilots who bombed Pearl Harbour and killed innocent civillians also? Or those japanease soldiers, who massacarred POWS. Works both ways dont you think.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Laurauk]

<< 1  2  3   >>

join