It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Flash: The Economy Just Collapsed, Now what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
[No this didn’t really happen, but when it does what will your reaction be.?]

Don't worry about anyone else, only you.

I’ll paint the scenario.

You wake up like you normally do. You start your daily routine with morning coffee, shower, get dressed and ready for work, or maybe you have already lost your job, you turn on the news and find that martial law has been declared, Why? Well all banks have frozen all assets and electronic transactions, due to a worldwide collapse. They aren't telling anyone why it collapsed, but it just did.

So what will be your first reaction, run to the bank, check your stocks, try an ATM, run to get food, water. Do you really care about work now? What are your first thoughts? Are they panic or relief?

Your Debit card is worthless now, it doesn’t work due to the worldwide freeze, same with all credit-cards. Vendors are starting to raise prices on goods and will only take cash, now what? Cash, LOL! What is it really worth now everything you have ever saved is frozen or gone and no one has a release date for your money. The old system has melted down to nothing.

Did you prepare? Did you stock up on food to weather the financial storm?
Did you bury your head in the sand and half believe that everything was going to be OK and that some governmental force was going to take care of you?

Or will your reaction be one of wisdom, strength and courage? Maybe you don’t panic, in fact you begin to think much clearer, because the old paradigm is dead and a new foundation can be laid out. You maybe feel like a heavy burden, a veil has been lifted. Maybe all the unconscious people start to see a new light and see that they are still the same, nothing happened except for that a game ended.

People maybe start to Co-op their talents by trading time, skills or barter and sharing what they already have. People actually start to see that they never really needed a monetary system in the first place. Could people be this wise? Could you be this wise? Will you share what you have?

You will still be the same person as you were before, but with less monopoly money because the game just ended………..and folks that’s all it is and was, but somewhere along the line people started to cheat, get greedy, and forget that the game is not what life is about. Games are fun, friendly, exciting till someone or group cheats.

Had anyone ever played a game where everyone starts to get so serious they'll do anything to win and forget it's all a silly game?

This little exercise as a look into your own future, self and how much power you actually have, now what to do with it? Are you going to give it to someone else now like before?

Our Ego's love games, but they are not who we are.

What truly defines who you are?

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Great
as if I didn't have enough to worry about. (sarcasm)
Buy gold! Is all I gotta say. We live in a big LDS community, food storage, water storage, seed storage is already a big deal around here.

I used to joke and say all I needed was a gun and my neighbors would have the food, until they showed me their weapon storage.

Prepare for the worse, hope for the best. . .

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

How funny you said that, my mother who is 70 is lds lives alone and has everything imaginable stored for a full year and she just bought a gun! She knows how to shoot as we all had guns many years ago, but she is taking no chances!

I know that I would pretty much be screwed it that happened. I have food put up but am the only one in the family with it, and I can't let my kids starve! I live in a subsidized apartment and live on my Disability from my years working. I guess I would get whatever I could together, get my kids busy doing the same and figure out a place that we could all get together and try and survive! It would be a very bad time but I think that we as a nation would survive and be better for it once order is restored. It may take that to save something of our way of life.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
How many bars of Gold would you trade if you and your family were starving?

I don't think Gold will be a solid item, but that is just my opinion.

If people resort to shooting then the people at the top will win again, I hope it doesn't go down like this.

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Great
as if I didn't have enough to worry about. (sarcasm)
Buy gold! Is all I gotta say. We live in a big LDS community, food storage, water storage, seed storage is already a big deal around here.

I used to joke and say all I needed was a gun and my neighbors would have the food, until they showed me their weapon storage.

Prepare for the worse, hope for the best. . .

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I guess the best thing to have in such a crisis is Knowledge.

What you cant and can eat ( grass???, jk )

i dont think you can bank on a food stock to last forever or even be safe.

learn to live like survivor man and you'll do fine

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I would lay by the pool all day drinking martinis and reading philosophy.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
That's easy.

Just sit back and see what the situation is and act accordingly.

If it goes down, is there anymore power, internet, TV, etc. ?

Depends on the situation. If you work at a power company and they tell you you are no longer going to get paid, do you stay and work?

If you shut down electric in our world, everything stops. Most people will run to where power is. Even if you have a Generator, how long will your gas last?

If the power keeps going, it's just a mental game.

If you are threatened, shoot people, ask questions later would be for people out of the big cities when they start pouring out.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
LOOT !!!!!!! yeeaaah !!

..... I've already decided that if worse gets to worse, ..... I'm going to start eating people. Now, ..... would it kill you to throw a lil barbecue sauce on yourself ??

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Well, I once thoroughly planned out what I'd do in the case of a Zombie invasion and I'm 100% sure I can do the same in the case of a Situation X or economy collapse. I have the right knowledge to survive the way I want to and I plan to jump from car to car (changing cars whenever I'm almost out of petrol) and travel around my country stocking up on any weapons and food I come across, before finding a suitable partner and beginning a new colony.

Any takers? Must know how to drive defensively, sorry.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I doubt they would ever admit this in most media outlets

they would carry on like business as usual, nothing to worry about and hey did you know so & so died or this and that happened to this person or that person

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
warrenb,

Actually I was thinking the same thing a while back, maybe the one world bank and government are already here and have been here for quite some time.

Maybe, they have total electronic control over the whole banking, stock, financial system and it doesn't matter how much debt is incurred, of companies net worth on the exchanges, bonds, etc..because they will never admit faulty system.

Maybe the system actually can't collapse because it's controlled totally. And I am not being sarcastic here.

Kind of like "Groundhog Day"
Now that's a scary thought.

Originally posted by warrenb

I doubt they would ever admit this in most media outlets

they would carry on like business as usual, nothing to worry about and hey did you know so & so died or this and that happened to this person or that person

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I'd be quickly gathering what I need, and heading into the mountains...
this city would be exploding as soon as everyone else found out the news...
want to lay first claim to that cave up there! oh ya, the gun...in case the bear doesn't want to share!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I am all for the 2nd amendment, but do people really think it is going to break down so bad that you'll have to resort to shooting others?

Or will people start to work together and help each other out?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Yes I do believe it could get that bad, but it won't last long. It will probably take a month or so for people to start getting really desperate,so I would dare to say about the first three months you would have total social breakdown (remember most people today don't realy know how to work together) and those that have prepaired will be forced to defend what they have or get everything they worked for taken by some punk that got blindsidded by the event.

top topics

join