It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the Hate? Please stop the Anti-Semitism!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Here's somethings that might help end all this antisemitism: They (the jewish community) could dispense with this notion that they are like some kind of "chosen ones" that are better and above and more deserving than the rest of us! Knock THAT nonsense off and erase all references to that in print and we can talk! Short of that and .. well ...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Why is this topic in both the HOT and TOP categories? Just wondering. Doesn't seem all that hot or top to me.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
like some kind of "chosen ones" that are better and above and more deserving than the rest of us!

who does not think that?

find me a culture or society that does not think

they are the end all and be all of civilization

or

is there some group out there that thinks...

'oh woe is us.....we are lower than whale dung......'

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by Ludde

Yes Israel is a US Ally. We will defend it to the death. It is Christians Holy Land. That is why we won that war and will continue to win it with the aid of God Almighty.

Is Anti-Semitism caused by Atheism?

The full restoration of the kingdom of Israel is the beginning of the Kingdom of God. Jesus will return and judge all nations.

There will be no more debate about territory or resources or food. This is the time that all God-fearing people look for.

There will be peace and plenty. Jews and Arabs will live in peace and will no longer be deprived of the necessities of life.

There's no reasoning with you. I give up. lol Good luck people.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

And NO, once again, you do not speak for all Americans. The US government are allies of the Jews, well...because they ARE the Jews.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Ludde]

lol, I never thought of it that way but of course you are correct.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Just because a person does not agree with what Israel does in the world, and speaks their mind, DOES NOT make them an Anti-Semitist.

Anti-semitism is a bandage term put on anyone who speaks against Israel, even when what is said is Correct.

Why should anyone save Israel? Shouldn't they then save the Palestinians, or the African people when starving or dying in wars, or anyone else who's country is in dire straights?

No, most are left to fend for themselves, so what makes Israel so very special that people call for the accepted Country to be saved?

Truth comes in all guises, and, it is usually not what we want to hear. To speak about it should not incur the wrath of a nation or cause anyone to labelled with a bandage term like Anti-Semitism.

I am not anti-semitic, I love all peoples, but I also love truth above anything else. So we need to see truth and stop judging those with differeing views as being against the state of Israel.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Very well said. Star.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Ludde

Yes Israel is a US Ally. We will defend it to the death. It is Christians Holy Land. That is why we won that war and will continue to win it with the aid of God Almighty.

The full restoration of the kingdom of Israel is the beginning of the Kingdom of God. Jesus will return and judge all nations.

There will be no more debate about territory or resources or food. This is the time that all God-fearing people look for.

There will be peace and plenty. Jews and Arabs will live in peace and will no longer be deprived of the necessities of life.

I must say that I'm disappointed in this thead's direction. OP, you seem to have only wanted to drudge up some raw emotion in people. Most that are trying to add some logic to the discussion have gone largely ignored and you only seem to want to respond to trolls, but maybe you just wanted a heated discussion.

Anyway, the comment I quoted I think is a huge reason why there is so miuch upset about Israel (mainly the government/military) and the US's undying defense of it.

I'm not atheist and I'm not Christian. I believe in the teachings of Christ just as much as I believe in the teachings of the Buddha because they taught the true ways of being a selfless, loving person in this world that made perfect sense.

But I have a problem with people trying to justify what Israel is doing in the Middle East and the way the US defends them just because they are supposed to be God's chosen people. You can't just call yourself a Jew and automatically be chosen. The chosen people were the Israelites, not necessarily the Jews. Just because you live in a land called Israel does not make you one of God's chosen people. It's about a blood-line not an ethnicity or a religion.

Regardless of all that, to justify all this as a holy war as if that is reason enough for people to support it is ludicrous. No matter what religion I am or what beliefs I hold, I could never justify support a government who thinks that there brute force matches the nominally minimal attacks that have been made on them compared to the utter violence they have brought against the Palestinian people.

Both sides are guilty as hell but when one side fires a rocket and the other meets that by obliterating entire villages including schools full of children, there is no justification for it.

If you really were a Christian you would denounce BOTH SIDES' actions, but it appears you are more concerned with a few words from the bible saying a certain group of people were in God's favor, than you are with the universal teachings of Jesus Christ that pale in comparison.

You can call me an anti-semite if you want but you know as well as I do that you have no justification for saying such.

I'm not talking about them owning banks, media, or whatever ridiculous claims others like to make. I'm not denying any holocaust. I'm talking about Israel and the US's failed and monstrous policies in the Middle East and I think that, as one who seems to loyally defend Israel/Jews, you should address that issue because that is where most people's animosity comes from.

And I think that it's disturbing to know that you welcome the suffering going on over there because it's some kind of proof that your messiah is going to return. I hope he doesn't because I would be so incredibly ashamed for someone like that, a wonderful, loving, peaceful, selfless, person, to come back here and see what a bunch of brutal, selfish, disgusting race of human beings we have become all in his name.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

I've said this before. I am a Christian and YES the Jews are the chosen people. Jesus was born a Jew! Very simple to understand.

For centuries Jerusalem, the Holy Land itself, has been treasured in the hearts of Christians, and sacred in the beliefs of many religions.

To Jews Jerusalem is the place of David’s ancient throne, and the indivisible capital of the modern nation, while the land of Israel is the homeland of Jews who have come through the holocaust, returned from lands of exile, or have been born under the Star of David.

TRUE fact!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I'm not trying to dredge up emotion. I just asked a simple question if those Ant-Israel/Jews are also Atheists? What's wrong with that. Most are proud to admit they are. Not that they all fit in to one catagory.

It's truely not my intention to get people so upset! I want to know what the He## is going on here. It's not American and something is up and it doesnt smell good!

edit grammer

[edit on 28-6-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Do you really think that God would error and allow the wrong Jews to regain their homeland?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

reply to post by Ludde[/

I must say that I'm disappointed in this thead's direction. OP, you seem to have only wanted to drudge up some raw emotion in people. Most that are trying to add some logic to the discussion have gone largely ignored and you only seem to want to respond to trolls, but maybe you just wanted a heated discussion.

Anyway, the comment I quoted I think is a huge reason why there is so miuch upset about Israel (mainly the government/military) and the US's undying defense of it.

I'm not atheist and I'm not Christian. I believe in the teachings of Christ just as much as I believe in the teachings of the Buddha because they taught the true ways of being a selfless, loving person in this world that made perfect sense.

But I have a problem with people trying to justify what Israel is doing in the Middle East and the way the US defends them just because they are supposed to be God's chosen people. You can't just call yourself a Jew and automatically be chosen. The chosen people were the Israelites, not necessarily the Jews. Just because you live in a land called Israel does not make you one of God's chosen people. It's about a blood-line not an ethnicity or a religion.

Regardless of all that, to justify all this as a holy war as if that is reason enough for people to support it is ludicrous. No matter what religion I am or what beliefs I hold, I could never justify support a government who thinks that there brute force matches the nominally minimal attacks that have been made on them compared to the utter violence they have brought against the Palestinian people.

Both sides are guilty as hell but when one side fires a rocket and the other meets that by obliterating entire villages including schools full of children, there is no justification for it.

If you really were a Christian you would denounce BOTH SIDES' actions, but it appears you are more concerned with a few words from the bible saying a certain group of people were in God's favor, than you are with the universal teachings of Jesus Christ that pale in comparison.

You can call me an anti-semite if you want but you know as well as I do that you have no justification for saying such.

I'm not talking about them owning banks, media, or whatever ridiculous claims others like to make. I'm not denying any holocaust. I'm talking about Israel and the US's failed and monstrous policies in the Middle East and I think that, as one who seems to loyally defend Israel/Jews, you should address that issue because that is where most people's animosity comes from.

And I think that it's disturbing to know that you welcome the suffering going on over there because it's some kind of proof that your messiah is going to return. I hope he doesn't because I would be so incredibly ashamed for someone like that, a wonderful, loving, peaceful, selfless, person, to come back here and see what a bunch of brutal, selfish, disgusting race of human beings we have become all in his name.

Excellent. You have said what I was thinking. Star for you too.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Something doesn't smell good because people can be hateful and some have a tendency to hate certain groups of people for no reason.

I don't really think that spells out a conspiracy (if that's what you're implying).

But once again you've completely deflected the issue of Israel/US policies in the Middle East.

It just seems that you would rather discuss beliefs rather than facts. And discussions about beliefs tend to be much more heated. ATS is for denying ignorance and have constructive discussion amongst people that tend to disagree but not to delve into over emotional discussions that have no bearing in truth or fact.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

reply to post by nunya13

Do you really think that God would error and allow the wrong Jews to regain their homeland?

Do you really think God would let them keep a present after breaking every commandant he ever made?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reply to post by nunya13

Why wouldn't he? Erring has nothing to do with it? Do you think God would sit by and let people suffer at the hands of his supposed chosen people? Do you think he would sit by and let his loyal followers be burned at crosses?

Do you think that he would err in allowing a priest who likes little boys in a very disgusting way be ordained by his so-called church?

edit to add: I highly doubt that those who are in control of Israel can all claim to be directly descended from the tribe of Judah.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983

reply to post by Ludde

You quote the only answer to this problem that I give then say you simply give up. Is that because you know I have a valid point?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983

reply to post by Ludde

You quote the only answer to this problem that I give then say you simply give up. Is that because you know I have a valid point?

You obviously have a motive here you are looking for. Nothing will stop you from keeping on with your rhetoric. You ignore what you can't explain and no matter what you say you are clearly a die hard Israel supporter. If you only support Israel because of your religion than that only makes you that much more pathetic. Don't support something because you are afraid. Support it because you actually believe it. And if you believe what Israel is doing is right then you are seriously confused.

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 28-6-2009 by mkross1983]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

My question does not evolve around the politics it revolves around the hate I see daily on here and elsewhere.

I'm quite aware of the politics of the Middle East Crisis. I'm just shocked so many from the UK, and US feel this way. It's blatant hatred. It's so obvious.

I cant stop the hate but I'm seeing how Evil this truly is!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join