It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: Jail Time for Revving Engine in a Racist Manner

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

Originally posted by tezzajw Yes, it is a police state.

You say the U.K is a police state yet look below for some real laws in Australia and I do mean real

Australia Law: It is illegal to force a kangaroo to drink more than 6 bottles of beer.

Australia Law: It is illegal to roam the streets wearing black clothes, felt shoes and black shoe polish on your face as these items are the tools of a cat burglar.

Australia Law: No man under 4ft 8 inch is alowed to surf on Klondike Beach (due to the size of the waves.)

Australia Law: It is illegal to walk on the right hand side of a footpath.

Australia Law: Victoria: It is illegal to wear sexy pink pants after midday on a Sunday.

Ha! I love those old stupid laws. I'll have to dig up a site that I bookmarked with a ton of them. But that's a different topic.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
[No, his swearing in no way controlled or influenced how long he stayed in jail. He was in Jail for two days because he went in jail on a Saturday and there was no JP available for two days.

Then that's a broken system. Rather than deny a person of their liberty, they should have courts open 24 hours, or at least have 24 hour JPs. No one should spend a weekend in jail for swearing at a cop.

The amount of time he was in jail has NOTHING to do with his swearing at the police. It has only to do with the fact that there were no JP's available until Monday, which is typical.....Nothing out of the ordinary....

Yet if he never swore at the cops, he would not have been in jail. It's a chain reaction, with two broken links. First, the cops shouldn't have hauled him for being sworn at. Second, once he was hauled in, he should not have spent the weekend in the cells.

He could have paid a fine and be let out, gone to court on Monday and gotten the money back if he won.

Why do you support him admitting guilt? In an earlier post on this thread, I clearly explained his two options. Pay the fine and admit guilt, or spend the weekend in the cells and then try and prove his innocence.

He opted to stay in jail.... Yet for whatever reason you keep trying to convince everyone that he was forced to stay in jail for two days because he swore at a cop.... THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

No way.

He didn't opt to stay in the cells. Tell me one person who wants to spend a weekend in the cells? He opted NOT to pay the fine. The broken and corrupt legal/justice system then determined that his only other option was to spend the weekend in the cells. He had no fair choice.

It is the case that he spent the weekend in the cells because he swore at some cops. It's justice gone mad.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
can someone please explain how you can rev your engine in a racist manner? that's the dumbest law I've ever heard of!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Maybe the dude in question should not have told the police officer to F*** O**, then maybe he woud not have spent the weekend in jail. If he had kept his mouth shut rather than resorting to using, vulgar language, he would not have landed himself in trouble.

We will see if he wins his appeal. As far as I read from the article the Racism charge was dropped.

Oh and another thing look at your own laws on your own country before you criticise my country.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Then that's a broken system. Rather than deny a person of their liberty, they should have courts open 24 hours, or at least have 24 hour JPs. No one should spend a weekend in jail for swearing at a cop.

They do the same thing here in the States.

Not that I agree with it... not even close. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Why was a retired policeman (obviously in plain clothes) following up on this complaint? What authority did he have to arrest anyone? This story is confusing.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

He was not retired at the time of the so called incident. He was off duty. He called for police officers to come out and speak to the gentleman in question.

Kind of Bizarre that the case is dropped, then because he complained, the P/F decided to handhim new charges. We will see if his appeal is successful or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join