It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Masons are not Illuminati!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
okay awsome. well i will begin to tell you or those who care.. i was standing outside one night like aways and had this sudden feeling to ask a quistion to God. The why am i here kinda quistion. And mind you Im not the type to automatically think that some of the stories i hear are true. But i go with my gutt. Well the next day i diecided to mess around on youtube and ran across alex collier and dan burisch, and the wat he had explained certain things oh and also nassin haramein a physisist also explained diff theories all which made sense. well to get to the point cause i do tend to ramble is that i was asking for guidence from God and felt like i had and answer the next day. i do try my hardest to live mylife without hate and have recently felt this overwhelming urge to get my hands on knowledge from anyone who might teach me. because i do feel that there are definately certain unmistakeable coincidenses in life that cant be ignored. i feel as if im "running" into certain things to help me in my path in life right now. idk am i crazy?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

There are moderation standards and the mods here are quick to nail anyone who breaks the rules. You are the one with ludicrous ideas and who needs to grow up.

Cannot let go of those elitist feelings? Really? My grandfather was a high ranking state police officer in his time, but was never a Mason. I myself am a Mason, but not on the high social scale. I know many people of influence, but I am myself just a humble buck Sergeant in the ID Army Guard.
o
I'm tempted to say, "So what?", but I wont.Ludicrous ideas? Pike being a racist is not a ludicrous idea its fact. Plus, I love the way you think I'm breaking some ATS rule by telling someone to grow up yet you seem to think that you can tell me to do the same without the mods doing anything to you. . . So there's one rule for me and another for you. Some how you're above the law, but thats right, you're a mason so thats normal thinking for you Isn't it? My grandfather was a mason in the Canadian mounties. I'm not saying you're all evil or part of the NWO, but what I am saying is that placing a racist like Pike on a pedestal and almost worshipping him instead of distancing yourself from his views says a lot about masonry.
You just can't bring yourself to criticise another fellow mason can you?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
reply to post by soldier8828

There is zero truth to this. The only way having a relative in the Masons helps is that it makes it easier for you to find a Mason to ask him to join. Otherwise you would need to go to a local lodge or contact your Grand Lodge.

Even with a relative as a Mason you of course would still need to be an upstanding member of your community and beleive in a supreme being.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

Could you be more precise and tell me the name of this supreme being?

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Could you be more precise and tell me the name of this supreme being?

well the Supreme Beings name? to me what others call him her dosnt matter to me just that he/she is the ultimately highest benevolent being that is and ore ever was. The same being that put forth Jesus Christ on this planet at a certain time for a specific reason. Or Emanuel to some. And as well i would like to ask someone but would rather be introduced personally and not go look. Iam like i said very interested but will not go into that area if it does not present itself to me. When i was in active duty i had seen quite a few people with rings and what not but never fully understood the brotherhood. Just was told that this brotherhood of man helped eachother and as well as gave insight to things that arnt known to the public or arnt public knowledge. please correct me if any of this is wrong as im sure you will.

Thank you for your response

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I'm not saying you're all evil or part of the NWO, but what I am saying is that placing a racist like Pike on a pedestal and almost worshipping him instead of distancing yourself from his views says a lot about masonry.

Pike provided the Prince Hall a signed copy of the rituals he put together for the Scottish Rite.
He did not want them in his lodge, you're right, however, he openly supported the Prince Hall itself.
He put together and organized Native American troops, and one of the main reasons he resigned from the army was due to the Confederate government renegading on the treaties they'd made with the Natives.
Compared to many men in the South, and many men in the North at the time as well, he had more progressive and open views on race relations.
Poor by todays standard, tobe sure, but still improved.

As for Masons worshiping him, most Masons don't know of him, unless they frequent conspiracy sites, so I doubt they worship him. Most of the Masons I've talked to on forums or the few I know personally, are aware of him only as the fellow who helped put together the Scottish Rite system.

As for you saying he should have expected how people would react to his book... you mean, he should have expected over a century later, that people would be critiquing his book, looking for evidence of Satanism?

Keep in mind, history tends to erase faults.
Washington was a embezzler.
Ghandi was a pervert.
Jefferson... nevermind, everyone knows about Jefferson.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by soldier8828

You say the name of the supreme being doesn't matter to you! Well it matters to me as I want to know just who masons consider to be the supreme being. . . Christians will tell you that there is but one true god. I wonder if masons share this view or whether they have some other light bearer to worship?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Masonry incorporates Old Testament symbolism into it's Ritual, however the Supreme Being is intended to be a framework, where any person who joins can interpret as their Supreme Being, whether they call it God, Allah, Yaweh, or even Zeus if they prefer.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

Masonry incorporates Old Testament symbolism into it's Ritual, however the Supreme Being is intended to be a framework, where any person who joins can interpret as their Supreme Being, whether they call it God, Allah, Yaweh, or even Zeus if they prefer.

Thank you for that. So the people who say that masons are devil worshippers or satanists could be right. I don't mean that you're all satanists but one could join the masons as he meets the criterium of believing in a supreme being. . . It may not be the supreme being you believe in but hey, that doesn't matter. Or does it?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

It shouldn't.

I interact daily with Muslims, Christians, Atheists, Buddhists, Wicca, Satanists, and Morons.

I'm a Christian, I was raised so and probably will be to the day I die, for better or worse.

I was no raised to be intolerant of other people's beliefs. As long as someone's not trying to shove their beliefs down my throat, and as long as their beliefs don't harm anyone, I've no qualms with them.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You say the name of the supreme being doesn't matter to you! Well it matters to me as I want to know just who masons consider to be the supreme being. . . Christians will tell you that there is but one true god. I wonder if masons share this view or whether they have some other light bearer to worship?

okay i dont mean for you to take any offense to what i said i dont remember saying that i should tell YOu MY opinion about who I think are the masons God? i just simply remember you asking me about who i worship as MY supreme being and or def of his real name?. okay well here it is. Alpha Omega? idk im not saying that there is no importance to God, quite the opp. i just dont find relivence in why people need to know his name. from my understanding HIS/HER true name cannot even be uttered without being of clean spirit.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

It shouldn't.

I interact daily with Muslims, Christians, Atheists, Buddhists, Wicca, Satanists, and Morons.

I'm a Christian, I was raised so and probably will be to the day I die, for better or worse.

I was no raised to be intolerant of other people's beliefs. As long as someone's not trying to shove their beliefs down my throat, and as long as their beliefs don't harm anyone, I've no qualms with them.

So Isn't that a conflict of faith. You, a christian, standing with a satanist and calling him brother?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

Thank you for that. So the people who say that masons are devil worshippers or satanists could be right. I don't mean that you're all satanists but one could join the masons as he meets the criterium of believing in a supreme being. . . It may not be the supreme being you believe in but hey, that doesn't matter. Or does it?

The criteria is only that you believe in a supreme being. I suppose if you were one to worship Satan, you would fall into that realm, but nothing you learned would matter or make sense. The God most people worship is the one we talk to. He goes by many names, but he is the same guy.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

So Isn't that a conflict of faith. You, a christian, standing with a satanist and calling him brother?

for one, Rune is not a mason. For two, who is the satanist. I kind of thought with all the proof that those things you thought about Pike were BS, that you were no longer thinking he was the devil. Please read the links provided. They are not just there for aesthetic purposes.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I'm sorry network dude my friend but Satan and God could never be the same person! That doesn't make any sense. One is the epitomy of all evil while the other is mans saviour. Imagine going up to your local priest and telling him that the guy he worships and prays to every day is really the cloven hoofed red guy who likes throwing souls into eternal pits of damnation.
This is why the whole freemasonry thing both intreages me yet also annoys me. So much of it seems at odds with normal thinking.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

for one, Rune is not a mason. For two, who is the satanist. I kind of thought with all the proof that those things you thought about Pike were BS, that you were no longer thinking he was the devil. Please read the links provided. They are not just there for aesthetic purposes.

No, you've got me wrong. What I'm saying is that it seems wrong that he as a christian would have to call a satanist a brother if they were both in the masons together. I'm not accusing rune of being a satanist!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. I have known several Masons from my childhood and have found them to be nothing but kind hearted people willing to contribute to their society. Something of a rarity in these days.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I'm just saying you shouldn't go aroudn misquoting someone and putting words in their mouth. If it gets offensive the mods will intervene. I love how your imagination runs wild; I never even alluded that I was above the law or that it's different from me to you, but yet you started drawing up so many different allegations.

The Supreme Being is known by whatever name the Brother gives him according to his individual religious beliefs.

In Idaho we still make our candidates get interviewed by a committee of Brothers. It's highly unlikely a Satanist would join.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

It shouldn't.

I would not expect a "known" satanist to be allowed into the lodge. Those of us that are "sensitive" would smell him out and he would be on his ear.

I do realize that "all serve god" in their own way. For good or evil. BUT... Satanists that are known to be such will NEVER be allowed to enter the lodge..period.

yes, I said NEVER!

Atheists? What would be the point? That would be like me being sermonized by pope ratzinger...useless at best.

Morons? They are exempted from membership as they are unsound in mental faculties. You must be able to accept the Obligation knowingly or you are just saying words without intent.

The rest? yeah, there are closet wiccans and other metaphysical types there. They keep it on the down low because some brothers consider this evil...remember that most of the old men are old school christian.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I do believe that Masons believe God to be the "Grand Architect" of the universe. You know, Robert Anton Wilson (the father of all conspiracy theorists) was a 33. degree Freemason? He, of all people, is the LEAST probable person to take part on any "evil plots".

This paranoia is just useless, as is the paranoia against most occult groups. To my knowledge, most Masons aren't even really that interested in such subjects.

There might be some crazy cults out there (and are), but Freemasonry isn't probably one of them.

IMHO, it's quite close-minded fundamentalist christian way to demonize every other religion. That would lead the person to see "satan" around every corner. Numbing. It's the 21st century, I wish people would get over such silly superstition.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Tryptych]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I've found when trying to stand for or against any one religion it's a task near impossible. It's people that make it up, and when it comes to people, sometimes you have hear their cases separately.
In the end, i've decided that the faith of the person matters less to me than their faith.
I've known Christians who have done more to besmirch Christ's name, than any Satanist or atheist could do.
And I've met Satanists and Atheists who live His message better than these same Christians.
As I said earlier, to many people have been surprised I'm Christian, for all of the wrong reasons.

The labels we give ourselves, and the labels we give each other, are ones that we place on others, only serve to divide us, before getting to understand another.

There are many forms of Satanism, I've known Christian Satanists, those I rarely get along with. Mostly in it because it's cool and it shocks the old folks.
I've known Satanists involved with the Church of Satanism, which seems to be mostly atheism that mocks Christianity, though it has it's own system of beliefs. It seems to me rather shallow.
There are a few who see Satan's expulsion from Heaven in a entirely different light. They are interesting to have a discussion with, and are predominantly good people.

There are the NeogPagan, like the Wicca, who still worship old gods who have come be represented now as Satan. Most recognizably the Horned God.
NeoPagans, mostly by the mere basis of the system, ranges between ridiculous, to the really deep.

And there are more divisions, and beliefs than I am ever to likely stumble across in my life.

Personally, rather than the source of all evil, I've always held the belief that Satan was our test. Heaven is to be earned, not given freely.
In my mind, the story of Adam and Eve is a myth we all live daily.
And, to me, division between faiths is something to overcome, not by fighting over which one is right, but allowing people to walk their path open and honestly, save for where they'd harm another.

But yes, were to join Masonry, I could call a Satanist brother.
Believing in a Supreme Being is just one of the qualifications of membership anyway. There would also be a interview, and there's a vote as well before a member is admitted.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by RuneSpider]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join