It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Iran, Twitter conspiracy theory hits Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Ahead of Germany's upcoming general elections, officials warn against premature announcements of alleged poll results by Twitter subscribers.

Before the state media are allowed to broadcast exit polls, baseless postings regarding poll results could fuel ill-founded theorizations about the outcome of the event, German authorities said on Saturday.

"It would be a disaster if the survey results were released before voting stations close," federal election commissioner Roderich Egeler was quoted by Zionist-run Der Spiegel magazine as saying.

www.presstv.ir...

Wow this Twitter thingy is really causing problems. Could Twitter be used in a way to show election fraud? or could it be used as some sort of Propaganda tool?

what do u guys think?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

Well, presstv is Iranian state television. Besides I don't think it was twitter that caused the fiasco going on over there right now.

I believe it was State Run TV (presstv) that said Amhi won. This sounds like propaganda to me, by none other than Iran.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Why do you form opinions based on propaganda spewed from a media source run by an islamic theocratic state? All that story is is an Iranian backlash against Twitter for exposing Iran's brutality against their own people.

Do yourself and the rest of us a favor and stop using site like this.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
So what's the difference between Twitter and CNN, SKY and other networks giving up to date election coverage and reporting exact counted results while voting is still underway.

Its all B.S they making something out of nothing. We get real time election coverage all the time. Its the Democratic way.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

well you mentioned Iran and then asked if it can be used for propaganda
I think you answered the question

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Makes sense, really.

Canada has had a policy of a news blackout on election results until all the polls have closed for this very reason. In Canada, the election results are final in the east before the polls have closed in the west. I have not lived in Canada for a few election cycles, so this may have changed, but it was policy as long as national TV has been around.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

Hi shark/

The difference is that 'Twitter' is used by everyone,unlike CNN and the rest of the media COVERAGE out there, where it is CONTROLLED!

Twitter is about what an individual has to say...And Yes, it can also be used as propaganda, but it's not controlled by any ONE group of Peoples!

Just my thoughts on twitter as well as other sites like Blogs and facebook,My space etc.....

In the end, it is up to the Individual to make a decision on what is Truth and what is a Lie!

ICXN NIKA
helen

new topics

top topics

join