It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bee / Firefly / Larvae in SWEDEN?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So my mother just came to me a few minutes ago with a surprised voice. She had just found a really strange bug and was holding it in her hand. It looked like a mix between a larvae and a bee without wings. Here's the strange part: It had a yellow/green GLOWING butt (it was huge, it was like 2/3 of the body almost). It was as strong as a cellphone light when we turned the lights off. I told her to put it back out though because it was so [SNIP] disgusting when it started moving. Also I'm way too tired to stay and stare at a bug. I would take pictures if I had a cellphone with alright camera quality (only my bro has one, and he's not at home), and our digital is damaged.

I was completely shocked, because fireflies don't exist in Sweden (also they have wings, which this one didn't), and I can't think of what else it might be. Can anyone help me out in figuring out what it could have been?

Going to bed now, hope to get some answers!

[edit on 27-6-2009 by ZikhaN]

Mod Edit: Removed censor circumvention.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
i would guess that its a glow worm

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I agree, probably a glow worm. June and July are the best time to see them.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The mature can fly. Maybe it flew from Britain or something.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight

I agree, probably a glow worm. June and July are the best time to see them.

Ohhh, yeah I would say it was probably that one. Do they exist all over the world? I had no idea they existed in Sweden^^

new topics

top topics

join