It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was the Flathead B.C. / MT. Border Crossing Closed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
In 1994 Canada and the United States decided to close the border along the Flathead River. The crossing is made by a dirt road that begins north of Whitefish Montana, goes north along the West side of the United Nations Glacier - Waterton International Peace Park crossing the boarder and continuing northward through a remote and beautiful portion of South East British Columbia now called the Flathead Provincial Forest.

A movement exists in Canada to have this land designated as National Park land and either incorporated into Waterton or Akamina-Kishinena Provincial Park. If this were to happen the land would be protected, as it is a region that is home to the largest concentration of wildlife such as bears, mountain lions and other animals. The air is super clean and the water is absolutely crystal clear. In short the land is totally untouched and pristine!

Further research shows that just north of the border a plan is underway for British Petroleum to mine coal and drill for natural gas at the expense of the clean water. It is feared that sediment from the operation would run down the Flathead and the silt would plug up the river bed like a huge slick of glue not allowing the water to sink down through the bed and purify itself naturally. In short, the water would become extremely polluted.

Could it be this is why they closed the border between British Columbia and Montana at this location? Could it be they don't want people driving down from Fernie and Kimberly, or up from Kalispel and Whitefish poking their nose around and seeing for themselves just how beautiful and valuable this land truly is. Because once you've been there you can't help but want to preserve it.

Here's a picture of the beautiful surrounding area:

Here's a link to get you started on the drilling plans of the BP:

www.concernedaboutcbm.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I would have thought someone somewhere would have something to say about this. I present a serious threat to a pristine part of the world, offer up references, and suggest a conspiracy and all we get is crickets...

Guess it's "out of sight, out of mind". Well, if you could only experience this part of the world in person, you might suddenly be interested in protecting it.

Maybe I should have added something about a UFO landing on the Flathead boarder crossing or that airplanes were spraying it, then there would be replies eh?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I have been around that area and it is very very beautiful.

Good to you for raising awareness of the area.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

omg...the most beautiful country I have ever seen. that's why I am curious why there is target practice set ups at the border, and federal contracted bomb shelters painted in camouflage, along with terrain terraced for flat bead trucks to unload things such as tanks, and big swaths torn through the predestine forests to mark the border on the US side, as well as another swath to designate the Canadian side. Why?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Unless, and more likely, the bomb shelter is a food storage container to keep out hungry grizzly and black bears as the area is one of the most concentrated habitats for bear in all of North America.

Well, if we are getting close to a North American Union, you wouldn't be able to tell at the Montana / British Columbia border!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
That area reminds of the Crownest Pass, such a beautiful untouched area should be protected by parks Canada and not the province then it will be preserved without interference from Big Oil. Look what happened to the fort mac and the area around it, hell the athabasca river is no longer clean you can't even fish out of it anymore.

new topics

top topics

join