It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't put my finger on it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
So I just spent 10 minutes typing out something that I couldn't quite put into words or explain and when I posted, I got the message that someone had already done the same subject line as I had and told me to push the back button to pick a new topic and found out that this stupid box doesn't save what I wrote. So all my writing is gone
. So I guess I'm just gonna have to try and summarize as I am ticked.

I am not religious, I am spiritual. I'm not big on deities. I'm looking for some kind of "faith"....or to better put it "view point" on my spirituality. I feel more at peace laying in the grass at night, staring at the stars. A friend of mine is Pagan and suggested it to me and he keeps promising me that he's gonna talk to me more about Paganism "one day." And I admit I haven't done much research on it. I was raised Catholic and probably have a few misconceptions about the religion.

I'm really not into Christianity or any other religion that says "follow me and do as I say, blindly." I find those to overbearing and hypocritical (not the people, though some can be) but the religions themselves.

Can anyone understand the gibberish I'm putting out :bnghd:? I don't quite know how to put it into words. If anyone can translate this mess of thoughts feel free to respond or U2U me.

Much love,
HarlieQuinn

[edited] to fix some HORRIFIC grammatical errors

[edited] once again, but this time for punctuation. (sorry, I type how I think haha)

[edit on 6/27/2009 by HarlieQuinn]

[edit on 6/27/2009 by HarlieQuinn]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
follow me and do as I say, blindly."

That's not what God said at all. Jesus said.

follow me because I love you, and if you don't then so be it, I will have no part with you.

Why do people always come to this misconception of God?

God wants a love baised relationshiop, not follow me like a drone, no, he wants to be friends with us, our best friend.

a communual relationship he wants with us, this is why we have communion at mass.

Now what you are going through is searching, you are searching for truth. keep searching and you will find it.

good day.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wasn't trying to be rude or anything. I just don't like being told that if I tdon't follow this certain person I am going to Hell. I am a good person, I do good deeds. And just because I don't follow God, all my good deeds are wiped out and I go to Hell. It is simply something I do not understand or agree with. But I don't want to get into a debate or anything about that topic. That is not the subject of my thread. I've already ascertaned that Christianity is not for me, I'm looking for something different and want help, that is all.

Sorry if I offended.

Much love,
HarlieQuinn

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HarlieQuinn

I would LOVE to help you, but first I need to know what your stance is on God.

Do you believe in God?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Harly, The concept of "picking" a religion to follow in itself suggests you dont need one
Kinda like choosing a movie to like, doesnt make it real.

Your heading is what grabbed me, as the only 'thing'' i 'subscribe to' is 'the finger in my back' you may feel it one day

Good luck
zazz

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I don't believe in God in the Christian sense. I believe that there has to be something higher out there because if we are the highest form then...well I'd be really depressed to find that out. haha

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

ok i never engage in relgious threads....but here goes
there is something your right, but not likely the usual suspect that is painted.... and your just a refection of IT realising self
We all are, all life, not just people

Hence you have a finger in your back

Have fun with that

[edit on 27-6-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I noticed something this morning in the Gospel that made me wonder. Jesus was saying that if you do a good deed that there is no way you could have it repaid in this life, God will raise you back to life to reward you Himself.
That is really strange. Jesus saying that you could have an after-life by doing something and it not having to involve believing one thing or another?
Could it be possible that Jesus is promoting a type of salvation that does not require you worshiping him? Doing things for people who have no way of ever being able to do something for you? That can not be right. How could you have a religion under these circumstances? Could it be that Jesus, instead of inventing a new religion, was promoting the idea of no religion? Of course the religions will not go for that!
God is completely inscrutable. God does things for us and we have no way to repay Him. We can not even find Him or say what He looks like. There is no big flashing neon sign in the sky saying, "Send worship here."
So, we can do things without a sign saying, "put all repayments for my helping you here."

[edit on 29-6-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Know thyself. Find out what you are, and then you will not have to "choose" a religion. How can you expect to understand god and spiritual things, if you can not even understand what it is that makes "you"?

Can't really understand what a forest is, if you lack the concept of a single tree. And to understand a forest, you would start with understanding a single tree.

Seek and you will find. What you asked for in this thread is for something to accept. If you accept, then you will not understand.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I'm the same --feel really at peace just gazing upwards at the night sky and feelin that we are just a miniscule dot in the universe

Although I have had conflicting views recently on who created us n stuff, I am by nature, a very spiritual person.
Paganism as well does interest me--I often go to a druids temple near where I live cos it's so peaceful and beautiful there.

top topics

join