It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists Keep U.S. Aviation Licenses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Terrorists Keep U.S. Aviation Licenses

www.judicialwatch.org

At least half a dozen men suspected or convicted of terrorism have been allowed by the U.S. government to keep their federal aviation licenses, including two who appear on the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted List and a Libyan sentenced to nearly three decades in prison by a Scottish court for the 1980s bombing of an American airliner.

Reported by a major newspaper this week, the appalling story illustrates the government’s never ending incompetence when it comes to national security...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) were unaware that the terrorists were actively licensed pilots, mechanics and flight dispatchers until the reporter who wrote the piece started snooping around. Incredibly, neither agency noticed that two of the individuals (Abdel Basset Ali Al-Megrahi and Lamen Khalifa Fhima) are wanted by the FBI for the 1988 Lockerbie airline bombing.

But they sure will check little old Grannie at airport security! :shk:

And they sure will push through legislation to demonize the average American protester as terrorists!

And what about this new cybercom security center?

I swear, I have woken up inside a bad dream that knows no limits to misplaced priorities, rampant greed, and intelligence agency heads hell bent on the destruction of America.

www.judicialwatch.org

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
well... sorry to state the obvious, but many are already in guantanamo, one in barlinnie (jail in glasgow)... and the rest in pakistan,iraq or afganistan.

what my point is, the ones in jail are hardly going to fly out of jail in their shiny 757's... and the rest are probably not even in the usa so how can they take the licences off them!

LOL @ this story, total sensasionalising the obvious, they be as well say they still have their driving licences, or that they eat 3 square meals a day.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Heh, well you can laugh all you want to at this, but to me there is no humor in the fact that:

A little family-owned company in a small New York town discovered the federally licensed terrorists by using software it developed to scour lists of bank customers who might have links to terrorism. The Department of Homeland Security, which supposedly preempts, detects and deters terrorism threats, claims it’s conducting a comprehensive review to see why its system failed to identify these people.

Why does it take a little company like this to catch the failings of the DHS? Maybe we ought to hire this company instead, because they are clearly doing a better job. Maybe if the DHS weren't so busy trying to paint protesters as terrorists, they might catch some real ones.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

I swear, I have woken up inside a bad dream that knows no limits to misplaced priorities, rampant greed, and intelligence agency heads hell bent on the destruction of America.

www.judicialwatch.org

man,, whoever said that statement hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!

exactly what i was thinking,,,,, yet i could never put it into words like that,,, so eloquently

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Those are not the terrorists they're worried about. The ones they really want are people who speak out for freedom and the constitution, and don't forget the war vets. They are the true threat to the government.

new topics

top topics

join