It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane forming off Alaska coast?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
That just looks like an overly developed low pressure system, definitely not a developing hurricane, which would be more tight and compact in size. You can see most low pressure systems that move from the mid west to the eastern coast use this very same motion on dry land.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Winds are taking this north I believe. The northeastern side of this storm looks like it's going to hit S.E AK. and the eye will probably follow. www.weatheroffice.gc.ca...
The winds are supposed to ramp up in the next couple of hours.

No biggie other than this circular formation being infrequent up here.

Ground zero, standing by. Lets she what she brings.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by The Undertaker]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0fb6f39da00.gif[/atsimg]

We'll see.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well its not going to be a hurricane thats for sure lol,

Impossible there yet maybe in the future years not enough temp/energy in the water or sea....

However it reminded me of something, The organisation of it size and stability of the system, and it may be the early indications of a new but very very late forming, even maybe a pre cursor to the next El nino event in spring next year.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/1470f3bdab6897ba.png[/atsimg]

Elf

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Can we call this an Archipelago cyclone? I'm not sure that there is a name for this type of storm.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I live in Calgary Aberta, and one things for sure, It was windy as hell here yesterday. Very strong winds from the west

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
"Here I am. Rock you like a Hurricane" Well not quite yet but the winds and rain have picked up.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
uhh either way, there's a party goin on here!! :p lol

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Sorry folks. there is no active storms currently on the National Hurricane Center website.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Oh well, I can sleep soundly tonight - knowing that it's nothing but blue skies and gumdrops ahead lol

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'm just wondering if Sarah Palin can see it. Lol Seriously though I actually like her don't ask me why I'd have no answer.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Check back into the Alaskan weather systems more frequently, this is quite common.

It also is called a tropical cyclone if: "Those that form due to organized thunderstorm activity over the water which acquire a well-defined circulation are called tropical cyclones."

Hope that adds a little insight.

Also if you watch Deadliest Catch on Discovery these systems seem to come up quite often.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by NoJoker13]

[edit on 28-6-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Thanks again everyone for participating in this thread. I've learned so much! This was an amazing system to watch develop. As I wake up this morning, the eyewall has appeared to make landfall. I'll pay more attention after a pot of coffee is brewing..

Looks like another beautiful day here (albeit a very dry one)!

[edit on 28-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

And an edit to note that the system is moving east rather quicky.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
And Gakona magnetometer data.... ends abruptly...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d83b1e5b74e.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

It is a hurricane in a sense, but hurricane is reserved for storms that originate in tropical waters.

The correct name for it is simply a low pressure system, and they happen all the time (im being affected by one now). The typically take the form of a circular storm, and eye walls can often be present, but they are definently not hurricanes

Hope this helps

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join