It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals will take us back to the Dark Ages economically

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Of course people who worship Obama and the Democrats will not care about jobs. They will just make excuses while Obama and the Democrats waste and spend trillions of dollars.

It's obvious that you can't create jobs like this. The private sector and the free markets create jobs not massive government giveaways on pet projects.

You cut the capital gains tax to zero, cut the corporate tax in half and watch the money and jobs flood into America. You also pay down the debt. This means government spending under Bush and now Obama is out of control.

In a global economy with cheap labor, you will not create jobs that will never leave. That's just a liberal fantasy coming from Obama and the democrats.

In a global economy you have to switch to consumers from producers because of cheap labor. This means the government has to shrink and the economy will be strongest in entrepreneurship and service not manufacturing.

These liberal are gonna take us back to the dark ages because they want us to be a producer based economy ran by unions. This is not 1970, this is 2009 and we are in a global economy liberals.

Remember, the Globalization was pushed by Bill Clinton an the democrats.

This is a pattern with government. They create a problem and then they want to spend and waste trillions and claim they are fixing the problem that they created.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Yep, but sadly our agenda is failing... too bad that the right has gotten the upper hand and we'll all be slaves to the corporate anals of HELL for a thousand more years. Oh well, can't say we didn't try.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Ha! You're all mixed up Matrix.

Obviously the way to stimulate the economy and compete in a global market is to apply even more stringent rules and regulations - while letting China and India continue unfettered. The sensible thing to do is to make American manufacturing even more burdened by straightjacket environmental laws and increasing taxes on production. That's what makes business grow!

Thank God our Dear Leaders in Washington have enough sense to see this and unceasingly pass more restrictive rules that will stimulate wealth generation.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by passenger

Word Up!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by passenger

Obviously the way to stimulate the economy and compete in a global market is to apply even more stringent rules and regulations - while letting China and India continue unfettered. The sensible thing to do is to make American manufacturing even more burdened by straightjacket environmental laws and increasing taxes on production. That's what makes business grow!

Thank God our Dear Leaders in Washington have enough sense to see this and unceasingly pass more restrictive rules that will stimulate wealth generation.

The Democratic party is desperatly trying to choke the life back into the economy.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

Originally posted by passenger

The Democratic party is desperatly trying to choke the life back into the economy.
Yeah I thought that this poster was on our side seems that the republicans are making this straghtjacket environmental laws and ridiculous increases in taxing the public not the corporations...maybe I misread this?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

In a global economy you have to switch to consumers from producers because of cheap labor. This means the government has to shrink and the economy will be strongest in entrepreneurship and service not manufacturing.

We have imported more than we have exported for YEARS NOW!!! Bush gave corporations the biggest tax cut ever and where are our jobs now? Not in the US. People like you are always like, " Yea more tax cuts for the rich and for corporations will create jobs" ,but when you are asked how that has helped us so far, you come up with some lame answer and find a way to blame the democrats. Repubs have been in power for years so why has almost every major manafucturing business been outsourced overseas.? We already are a consumer nation. Duh!! How many TV's can one person buy? Why do you support Chinese labor just for cheap goods that you have to constantly replace because cheap craftsmanship? I would rather pay a $1000 for a computer made by an american that lasts 5+ years than purchase a $500 computer made by a slave labor camp worker than only last 1-2 years?

Please don't call me a Democratic lackey because they are scum too. (Hence my name) We all need to wake up to the left/right paradigm because they are all working together in my eyes. Think about it...no matter who is in power nothing ever changes....The Right has been screaming about abortion for years, Yet abortions are still legal?? You mean to tell me that had enough pull to lye us into a bogus war, but not enough to overturn Roe v Wade.
The Dems have been screaming health care reform for years, yet..... I can on on on on. All the while we sit and argue and fight on the surface never really getting what we want no matter how much power are respective partys have, and TPTB sit behind the scenes laughing and partying with eachother getting everything they want. Blaming something soley on one politcal party or the other is intellectually dishonest and will do nothing to get us out of the situations we currently face.

Do you suggest we vote Sarah Palin for President 2012????? HA!!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by canihavemyvoteback

50 stars for you (49 hypothetical ones of course)

we need to get over this stupid party BS.

im sick of hearing this type of thing. no one has ANY idea about what actually works and will work. theres only theories and the ability to look back on what worked in the past and neither of those are definite.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by canihavemyvoteback
We have imported more than we have exported for YEARS NOW!!! Bush gave corporations the biggest tax cut ever and where are our jobs now? Not in the US. People like you are always like, " Yea more tax cuts for the rich and for corporations will create jobs" ,but when you are asked how that has helped us so far, you come up with some lame answer and find a way to blame the democrats. Repubs have been in power for years so why has almost every major manafucturing business been outsourced overseas.?

Actually, the Democrats have had the power since 2006. Three years. And just where are the results they promised everyone???

The Democrats answer to the Republican tax cuts are to just even the playing field and tax everyone.

Do you think that this BS Climate Bill is the answer? Cap and Trade? Obama will tax the remaining industry in the country to death. It will be the end of small industry, and the big companies are going to pass it onto the customer. Great planning, Obama! That's stimulating the economy.

Originally posted by canihavemyvoteback
Do you suggest we vote Sarah Palin for President 2012????? HA!!!!!

Want Obama for another four? He's been in office for five months and he's already screwed us over worse than Bush did in eight years. Obama is the worse president in history, and he achieved that title in record time.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Its clear that you didn't get my post at ALL! I do not stick up for everything the Dems do just because I have voted for them in the past. I don't believe in Amnesty for illegals and just because the dems in power might, my stance is still the SAME!! IF YOU DON'T STAND FOR SOMETHING YOU WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING! Have you fallen?? Not to late to pick yourself back up ya know.

Obama is the worse president in history, and he achieved that title in record time.

If you believe this than it may already be too late for you. Go back to sleep now.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Actually, the Democrats have had the power since 2006. Three years. And just where are the results they promised everyone???

Oh yea THREE WHOLE YEARS. Maybe the three accumalative years that Bush Jr. spent on vacation. You know... huntin and fishin and stuff

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

You are VERY confused my friend.

I hope this was just a drunken rant, if not, please seek help.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Reply to canihavemyvoteback,

We have imported more than we have exported for YEARS NOW!!! Bush gave corporations the biggest tax cut ever and where are our jobs now? Not in the US. People like you are always like, " Yea more tax cuts for the rich and for corporations will create jobs" ,but when you are asked how that has helped us so far, you come up with some lame answer and find a way to blame the democrats. Repubs have been in power for years so why has almost every major manafucturing business been outsourced overseas.? We already are a consumer nation. Duh!! How many TV's can one person buy? Why do you support Chinese labor just for cheap goods that you have to constantly replace because cheap craftsmanship? I would rather pay a $1000 for a computer made by an american that lasts 5+ years than purchase a $500 computer made by a slave labor camp worker than only last 1-2 years?

You obviously didn't read my post.

I talked about spending under Bush. If Bush would have cut taxes and reduced the scope and size of government we would be in a better position now.

You are the one that's blinded by the party you belong to. You saw criticism of Obama and you were so blinded you couldn't even understand the post.

But just because Bush borrowed and spent us into oblivion it doesn't mean that Obama gets a pass. Obama is worse than Bush when it comes to massive borrowing and spending and our kids and grandkids will not be able to sustain the debt in a global economy with cheap labor.

When Obama says he will create the kind of jobs that will never leave. That's impossible in a global economy with cheap labor. If we go back to being a union based, 1970 economy America will tank. We have to be a consumer based economy and we can't be one with a behemoth in Washington D.C.

The more our debt grows other countries will not want to hold our debt. This is why you can't have a massive government in a global economy.

I know a Corporation that used to be 80% in the U.S. and 20% overseas. It's now 80% overseas and 20% in the United States. Liberals can't cry abour evil companies going overseas because it was Clinton and the Democrats that pushed free trade. This is why Clinton balanced the budget because he knew you couldn't have a behemoth in Washington in a global economy with cheap labor.

So, you failed to read my post because I pointed out that Bush and Obama are big spenders. Bush gave us bailouts. He cut taxes which is the right thing to do but you can't borrow and spend like Bush did. When you cut taxes you have to reduce the scope and size of government.

America can't be an economy based on manufacturing jobs and unions. We are in a global economy and that means we have to have a small government so Americans can borrow and consume. If we are a producer based economy then we will crash because of cheap labor.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Matrix Rising]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Well, I agree we are headed back to the dark ages and Obamabots are deluded but my friend if you still think in terms of "liberals" and "conservatives" you are playing yesterday's tired parlor game. We are through the mirror here now, and those terms no longer have much meaning or relevance to today's politics and economics.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Despite the fact that I agree with much of what you've said, your unspoken assertion that the Republicans would be any better is laughable.

Medieval times, you mean when the serfs worked their tails off to barely survive, while the ruling class partied and raped and pillaged the land?

Sounds like business as usual for Red and Blue governments both.

If you ask me, the Democrats are just as bad, but that's not the point. All this divisive finger-pointing just conceals and distracts from the real issue, which is class struggle.

Almost all politicians feed from the same trough, with the exception of a very few independent minds (who nobody cares about or listens to, who get no airtime, who have no chance of wrestling power away from the two main parties).

Do you really care what color tie a man is wearing, if he's a thief and a liar and a hypocrite and a charlatan? I don't...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The biggest employer in the US is the government. The US military is larger than almost every other company put together - sooooo - no government and almost three quarters of your people will be without a job.

Didn't think about that did you.

The reality is that government spending is the best way to create jobs - thats a fact to which there is no argument - the problem in the US is that the spending is going to banks and car makers.

So its not spending which is the problem it is the way it is spent - and on that note - Obama is a total failure.

Your country needs to encourage creativity and new ideas- propping up GM is probably the single thing which represents why your country will fail.

top topics

join