It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Ready for War with a Demonized Iran?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Comparing the rigged elections in Iran to the far-more legitimate elections in some of the countries which your quoted source listed is laughable at best. For starters, the elections in Iran, if not outright fixed, were illegitimate based on the fact that so many potential candidates are barred from running simply because of their opposition to the government, among other things. That is not mainstream media "propaganda" or "demonetization". It's simply the truth. Even if the election of Ahmadinejad was fair (relatively speaking, that is), it was still awfully suspicious of the Iranian government to announce that the MILLIONS of PAPER BALLOTS had been counted only hours after the polls closed and that Ahmadinejad was victorious.

Furthermore, the media doesn't need to demonize a regime that is already about as evil as one can get. We're talking about an unelected gang of mullahs who oppress their people and are hell-bent on the destruction and elimination of the states of Israel and America. They preach as much in weekly sermons and are not shy about it. Additionally, they are the largest state sponsor of terrorism in the world. They train and arm terrorists as well as sanction, plan, fund, implement and praise their attacks. They are undoubtedly responsible for terror attacks committed against the United States overseas and have links to several more. Is that not reason-enough for our media and our citizens and even our government to be interested in their elections? Is the fact that thousands of protesters have taken to the streets over the past weeks not reason-enough for the interest? And is the government crackdown, including beating and murdering innocent protesters and bystanders, not reason-enough for us to follow this story? Their nuclear ambitions alone warrant a peaked interest on our part.

The point is that we don't need our media or our government to beat the war drum. Iran does it just fine themselves with their daily threats and rhetoric against our nation.

In closing, if all reasonable efforts fail to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons, I fully support military action in the form of targeted strikes. This will not be a repeat of Iraq. This will include a legitimate coalition of the willing with the top powers of the region and the world (excluding Russia and China) sanctioning these strikes, if not taking part in them directly themselves. Iran cannot and must not have these weapons.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think it is funny Obama even mentions another countries voting procedures whether it was rigged or not. The people of America who are actually awake know Obama did not win because he had more votes. He won because McCain picked a nobody as a running mate and I know some of you think he picked Palin because she was a woman, I thought the same when he waited so late to pick someone and it seemed like he was waiting to see if Obama would pick Hillary, but McCain threw the election to Obama, no matter what any of you think. The moment McCain announced he chose Palin, his countenance changed. He looked saddened and did not do the usual campaign smear ALL candidates have done in EVERY election for ANY political position in the whole damn country. He was told who to pick and that person(s) knew it would seal the deal for Obama. No need to mention the previous election because we all know Bush Sr made the call on that crock of xxxx election. But our PTB cannot do that in another country so we sneak in and cause....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
...an uprising to get their man elected. Or maybe just to cause enough problems to give the US military a reason to invade. My question is which reason is it and why. Oil? More territory with US military bases? There is a strategy for all of this and I do not see what it could be but I know it is not for the benefit of the Iranian people or else we would have left them alone. After all this is said and done what country will we go after next? The US govt has gone power crazy and is going to get us all blasted to bits if this xxxx does not stop. That is how I see it anyway. Maybe I just do not understand the true meaning of war and divide and conquer.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
You cannot blame NK nor Iran for their actions and threats! You think they are ignorant to how our country is run? Other countries had people in the WTC as well do you honestly think they havent done some snooping? They see how the government handled the 9 11 Commission and realize how dangerous our country really is (as far as TPTB is concerned) but unlike the US they are nor going to bomb the heck out of us and kill thousands or millions of innocents the way the US does. If anything Iran and NK are sympathetic towards Americans and are maybe hoping we will open our eyes and take back the power that our CONSTITUTION GIVES US! I know I am not the only one who sees it in this light or am I? If Iran was such a terrible place wouldnt we have done something years ago? Some of you have even said Saddam was set up so is it not possible it is happening again with NK and Iran? Our media is more controlled by TPTB today than it was a year ago and thats saying alot but it is more blantant now than ever before.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Iran may not be a perfectly well-oiled machine but neither is the US. How can any of you blast Iran cause riots broke out and people got hurt or killed? Doesnt that usually happen when theres a riot against any country on earth? Hell, people come on ATS and say TPTB had this person killed and that person killed and is passing laws that are going to strip us of guns and rights and water and they are going to put us in camps and are unfairly taxing us and truthers are about to be martyrs but yet the Iran govt tries to stop riots caused by the US and theres bloodshed and Watchamacallit in Iran is the jerk? Really? Isnt that doublespeak? Has the brainwashing by the MSM finally taken its toll? If so then End Game is already here and "we the people" are the ones who lost.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad is demonized by his own countries people as well. It didn't start with the States. the reason it makes the news in the West is becasue of the blatantly tyranical nature of the man, not becasue we want to demonize him.... He does that well enough on his own.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I mean geez just look at our name : THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA. There is absolutely NOTHING united about this land at all. States threaten to leave the union. Immigrants who do all the work we do not want to do get trashed and blamed for the economy when all the govt has to do is make them citizens instead of deporting them. Heavy fines for any corporation or business or self-employed patriot if they hire someone who isnt on the books. Simple. Racism is at its worst. Congress has so many new bills thrown at them they dont even have enough time to read what they are signing or a vote is called at midnight or bills drawn up and passed while MJ saturates the media. Americans who go to Tea Partys to let their voice get heard(which is our right) and we are called Tea Baggers by a nonfunny comediane(Garafelo) and the MSM runs with it for days like its the funniest thing she ever said. California which is home to Hollywood and Beverly Hills and L.A. somehow manages to run in the red so what does the Terminator do?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
A large majority of the populace of Iran are young people. What started out as a fight over voting has turned into a war between the elders and the youth. The youth voted for Mussavi because he offered more personal freedom, women's rights, etc. I believe that they will eventually win for two reasons. There is a crack in the ruling class, and even the people of Iran cannot stand to watch young people slain in the streets on a daily basis. This is a fight the elder clerics ruling class is going to lose. It's about personal freedom and dignity.

BTW, since were on the subject of civil war. Did you see what they did to the president of Honduras when he tried to change the Constitution. Any chance Obama meets the same fate as he continues to take over the nation..? There seems to be a tipping point. In Honduras it was fast, and in Iran it is slower. How will it play out in the USA..? One has to wonder.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
He shxxs on the minorities by slashing healthcare and education (but keeps funding the super highway) when all he had to do was tax the millionares of Tinseltown just a wee bit more. If someone explained to them "Hey the people who go see your movies or watch your tv shows are gonna take it up the tailpipe and might not be able to devote as much time to your work because they will be working more jobs or lose their utilities or wont be going to the theater on Friday nite" I am sure they would cough up a few more ends to justify their means. But no everything is fxxxing perfect in the land of liberty, the land of comfort, the land of hope, the land of dreams, the land of the free and home of the brave, right? More like the land of the schemes and home of the slaves. But Obama is the man with the plan. Says hes bringing change when what he was saying was after you pay for wars and vaccines and healthcare all you will have left is a little change in your pocket. America isnt Earths anus, just the taint.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'd like to suggest the nuclear-apocalyptic docu-movie Threads as a possible outcome of such a thing. Granted, it was made in the early 1980's during the height of the cold war, but if you watch it, pay careful attention to the developments in the news in the background of the story at the beginning as the precursor to war..

..spooky stuff!

[edit on 28-6-2009 by citizen smith]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RDR17
Some of you people drive me crazy!!! It's as though the people of Iran don't deserve their freedom. My wife is from Iran, so this is a big issue for me and my family. I voted for Obama, but his weak response to this situation has broken my heart. Not one word on the desire for human beings to live in freedom. Sad.

It's not a march towards war. If anything the media has been severely lacking on the issues of the Iranian people. They perpetuate a stereotype of the country and the people. Iranians want peace, and they want their freedom.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by RDR17]

Pathetic. You deserve everything is happening to your people and Iran. Why the hell would you vote for an empty suit like Obama? Americans better wake up. I don't expect much from foreigners like you who don't understand our country but if someone like Ron Paul doesn't win in 2012 we are doomed.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

The people of America fought for their freedoms with violence and guns and weapons. The Iranians need to pull their head out of their asses. Peaceful protests and throwing rocks aren't going to do #. Grow up Iranians and get some balls. It's going to take more than a bunch of 20 year olds in designer jeans throwing rocks to earn freedom.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yea it would seem people other than the US citizens are speaking out and letting their voice be heard. When you see it on the boobtube it is easy to think those people are just rebels without a cause. I hope they are doing this to get their own brand of freedom and not the US version. Which is why I do not like the US stepping in or even voicing an opinion instead let it play out on their own terms and dont let the US be the muscle behind the scenes. I dont think these people realize America is not all that grand. We have homeless jobless psychos in every town and crime thats no less horrible than it is over there. The US pretends to be frugal with the taxes but if that was the case we would have a surplus. We are on the verge of becoming a third world country and then what? How in the hell have we allowed TPTB to run the US into the ground and then spit on us even, and smile and pat our back while doing it saying Trust us we know what we are doing. If you know what to do now you should have known then.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

The people of America fought for their freedoms with violence and guns and weapons. The Iranians need to pull their head out of their asses. Peaceful protests and throwing rocks aren't going to do #. Grow up Iranians and get some balls. It's going to take more than a bunch of 20 year olds in designer jeans throwing rocks to earn freedom.

It's sad isn't it. All those young people wanted was to be able to have some personal freedoms, and they are beaten and punished daily for it. There will come a time when they will become more violent and pick up the guns and will to fight a real rebellion. In Islam it's not about how you live but how you die. Every time they make another martyr out of some young person, it gives strength to the people in revolt. Freedom is never really free, it is purchased with the blood of those who desire it's blessings.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
The elite have slated China as the United States' economic superpower replacement. While one nation is on it's way up, the other is on it's way down. There cannot be a balance; It's counter productive to what they hope to accomplish.

Not disputing your logic (yet) just curious, what reason is there for crashing the US economy, to place China as the world superpower?

I do believe the US economy is being crashed on purpose, however I don't think it's to shift power to China. It was either Kissinger or a Rockafeller/Rothchild who praised the Chinese economic model, and expressed a wish for the US to adopt the same model. That is the reason I believe the economy is being crashed. To rebuild it into a model which can effectively compete with the Chinese.

Could you expand a bit on your theory about why they are merely shifting the balance of power. Does it have to do with geography, or something else?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The Iranian people are capable of getting what they want. It might cost them but in the end the ones who make it through and the next gen will thankful they persisted. The awakening is happening all over the globe and the ones who actually see the light have got to realize that you just cant knock on your leaders door and say Hey you know what, we are done, we are gonna have it like this and be able to do that and no longer will we allow you or anyone like you dictate us any longer because we want and need a leader who cares about the ones being led. There has to be a little action if not the words fall on deaf ears. Revolutions bring resolutions. Citizens of every country need to act simultaneously that way no one country can send their military in to intervene. It isnt only about Iran but every nation on this planet. Lets show them what a NEW WORLD ORDER really means. Worldwide Revolution. One World with freedom on every speck of soil. The internet can be used for more than organizing Tea Parties and such.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ron Paul will never win until we have a true 3 party system. TO HELL WITH LIBERAL OR NEUTRAL PARTIES. We need an AMERICAN PARTY. A party that will not bow down to lobbyists and has absolutely no ties with any business no matter how big or small. Honestly I would prefer to have someone who has no political background at all. COULD SUCH A PERSON DO ANY WORSE? These morons running the country were born and bred for this and STILL dont know how to fxxxing run a country. You know I am almost to the point if the Antichrist showed up next election and actually said Hey I am the Antichrist, I would vote for him just so I could enjoy 4 years of living the way our forefathers designed it to be. But then I would have to take the mark and deny Christ so I guess I will sit and stare at the stars and wait for either the Biblical Jesus to ride on a white horse and set me free or wait for Jesus the Grey to float by in his beyond our time spacecraft and beam me up on deck...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

Comparing the rigged elections in Iran to the far-more legitimate elections in some of the countries which your quoted source listed is laughable at best. For starters, the elections in Iran, if not outright fixed, were illegitimate based on the fact that so many potential candidates are barred from running simply because of their opposition to the government, among other things.

Many candidates are barred simply because they are not eligible by the rules. Most of these people are submitting themselves as candidates out of protest. This happens in many countries across the world and certainly is not exclusive to Iran.

How is this any different than US elections? Are you that naive to think the American system allows anyone to run fairly? In the US, only those that can generate the most cash are eligible. It's not a secret.

Even if the election of Ahmadinejad was fair (relatively speaking, that is), it was still awfully suspicious of the Iranian government to announce that the MILLIONS of PAPER BALLOTS had been counted only hours after the polls closed and that Ahmadinejad was victorious.

George Bush was immediately declared the winner in the 2000 Bush/Gore election despite how close it was, especially in Florida? Is this somehow different to you? Later evidence all contradicted those initial claims and looked to favor Gore, yet all was disregarded?

The vote tally was further investigated in Iran confirming that initial claims were indeed accurate. Regardless what it appeared to be, it has gone through the proper proceedings, according to their laws, and is now confirmed legitimate. What is confusing you?

Furthermore, the media doesn't need to demonize a regime that is already about as evil as one can get. We're talking about an unelected gang of mullahs who oppress their people and are hell-bent on the destruction and elimination of the states of Israel and America. They preach as much in weekly sermons and are not shy about it. Additionally, they are the largest state sponsor of terrorism in the world.

Where is the proof of your claims? Iran has been accused of supplying weapons to the Taliban, but where is the proof? Even if they have done this, so has the US. US has admittedly supplied the Afgan's with weapons, so isn't then the USA the largest state sponsor of terrorism in the world?

They train and arm terrorists as well as sanction, plan, fund, implement and praise their attacks. They are undoubtedly responsible for terror attacks committed against the United States overseas and have links to several more.

Which attacks against the US has Iran committed? Why doesn't the US hold them accountable to these charges? Why hasn't anybody brought these allegations against Iran to the UN to be publicly tried? I'd like to hear your theory on this?

In closing, if all reasonable efforts fail to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons, I fully support military action in the form of targeted strikes. This will not be a repeat of Iraq. This will include a legitimate coalition of the willing with the top powers of the region and the world (excluding Russia and China) sanctioning these strikes, if not taking part in them directly themselves. Iran cannot and must not have these weapons.

When did Iran suggest it was looking to obtain nuclear weapons? How can there be an effort to prevent Iran from something it hasn't yet sought? Iran has a right within the nuclear non-proliferation regime to develop nuclear energy for peaceful purposes. This has nothing to do with weapons and certainly doesn't warrant an attack.

Where are people like you getting confused on all this? Why do you dullards feel so threatened by Iran? It seems that the same imbeciles that think like this, also feel perfectly comfortable with Israel having nuclear weapons? Do you think Israel should be afforded this technology, but not Iran? If so, can you explain that logic?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Either way if a Jesus doesnt hurry up soon I am gonna say fxxx the human race and go live with the beasts of the earth. I will eat , wear , and wipe my ass with bark and learn to love it. But I do hope Iranians can achieve freedom without a civil war or a US invasion. Because either one will means lots of deaths. US invasion will mean more deaths obviously.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazyninjaIt was either Kissinger or a Rockafeller/Rothchild who praised the Chinese economic model, and expressed a wish for the US to adopt the same model.

Perhaps in the near future I'll be buying my Nike trainers that have been made in US sweatshops at last then?

Oh the irony!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join