It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Ready for War with a Demonized Iran?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Are You Ready for War with a Demonized Iran?

www.counterpunch.org

How much attention do elections in Japan, India, Argentina, or any other country, get from the U.S. media? How many Americans and American journalists even know who is in political office in other countries besides England, France, and Germany? Who can name the political leaders of Switzerland, Holland, Brazil, Japan, or even China?

Yet, many know of Iran’s President Ahmadinejad. The reason is obvious. He is daily demonized in the U.S. media.

The U.S. media’s demonization of Ahmadinejad...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I was watching a stream from CNN about Michael Jackson and how folks around the world are saddened by it, but then towards the end of the broadcast they show some twitter comments from a couple 'people' saying thing like "Ahmadinejad, Beat it, Beat it" and such. Shortly after reading off the comments the news chic says something along the lines of "and let us not forget about Iran".
The propaganda meter is not only in Overkill mode, it's like in Alien Overlord mode. When these folks attack Iran, the sheeple are going to buy into it in droves.

www.counterpunch.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

excellent post and article . seems western media is hell bent on creating war

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well only 6 months to go and everyone needs to be in a state of psychosis before they can move ahead with plan B

But then again, we already know this, right ?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Considering the lengths that the government of Iran has gone to, to 'Demonize' those protesters... now calling for their torture and execution because their crimes were against their God...

If Iran becomes demonized, it is of their own doing.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
never going to happen

reason #1

If you attack Iran, they have nothing to loose and wipe Israel off the map everything they have. All their allies and friends jump on the wagon and help in the effort. (Syria, Lybia, etc)

reason #2

see reason #1

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
never going to happen

reason #1

If you attack Iran, they have nothing to loose and wipe Israel off the map everything they have. All their allies and friends jump on the wagon and help in the effort. (Syria, Lybia, etc)

reason #2

see reason #1

I have to agree with that. Not to mention if you look at the numbers and everything else there really is no reason for us to go to war with them.

If there is actually some civil unrest there that isn't being perpetrated by outside forces then good for them. It's their country majority always end up ruling so it's their fight to fight not ours.

I'm wondering if the press just made a big deal out of nothing and some small groups decided to try and capitalize on it.

But either way it's not our country so not our decision.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Why dont people know the leaders of these countries? I will tell you why, cause they arent running their mouth! Why do we hear of N.K all the time?.Cause they are running their mouths! Even the messiah, the man who can "bring the world together" isnt taking any mouth from him, brushing his shoulders off. Regardless, what is happening in Iran is the result of the Iranian beliefs, not ours, hell they wouldnt even allow reporters from other countries to report whats going on, another red flag that they dont want us to see everything thats going on over there.
The US of A gets blamed for everything because frankly, we are on top.
We are the ones who have to deal with these Aholes cause everybody else is either A. Too scared..B. Doesnt have the manpower or resources..C..Cant fart unless they get permission from the UN...or D. Just wants to be left alone for someone else to police the world so they dont have to. Somebody has to do it, not because they have to, but because its the right thing to do. If you see a woman getting raped in an alley way, do you just continue to walk on by? Or do you get in there and kick some ass? When politicians of ANY nation, forget the will of the people, and stomp on their rights forbidding them a second count for the leader of their nation, thats when someone has to step in. Many people want peace, but they dont want what has to be done in order to maintain that sense of peace. I dont like Obama as much as the next guy, but sometimes its not about our president, its about human beings being denied their basic fundamental rights. If any of this were to happen in OUR country, many here would be doing the same thing these protestors are doing, asking for help anyway they can. Do you think though; that our leaders would be any different from the nutjobs in Iran if that were to happen here? NOPE. So its not about wanting or not wanting to go to war, its about freeing the will of the people of a dictorial nation.

To Add...I found this hilarious in the source you gave..

"The polling was funded by the Rockefeller Brothers Fund and was conducted in Farsi “by a polling company whose work in the region for ABC News and the BBC has received an Emmy award.”*

The poll results, the only real information we have at this time, indicate that the election results reflect the will of the Iranian voters. "

HAHAHAHAHA! That just goes to show you right there that this report is nothing but American hating slander right from within our own country. Sad.

Rockefeller people.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Great post but...

Lets get a little better perspective here.
It's not just "American media"

Hearldsun Australia

IRAN has jailed more than 140 political activists, journalists and university lecturers since the disputed election which returned President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to power, reports said today.

A list published by Etemad newspaper carried the names of 71 prominent reformist leaders, journalists and campaign workers of defeated candidate Mir Hossein Mousavi, who has dismissed the election as a "shameful fraud''.

BBC-UK

A statistical analysis has now been published to try to support the claim that the opposition in Iran is right to question the declared result.

On the face of it, there seems no reason to doubt the official numbers.

Globe and Mail Canada

Iran's most evil force? Big, bad Britain

This week, members of Iran's Islamic regime finally pinpointed the cause of mass protests that have brought hundreds of thousands of people to the streets in the days since a contentious presidential election.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Iran deserves all the demonizing they are getting. The government is asking for this label by how they are treating their people. If they wanted to end the protesting they could of had a new election. The religious authority could have made it happen but I am under the assumption that they wanted Ahmadenijad to win because he is their puppet.

So by the religious leaders inability to act on the will of the people; they open the door for harsh press. They are shooting protesters in the streets, jailing and torturing dissidents, censoring the press, and the list goes on . . . So I have no problem with the press bad mouthing Iran because each day they are proving they are just a bunch of demons in religious garb.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Some of you people drive me crazy!!! It's as though the people of Iran don't deserve their freedom. My wife is from Iran, so this is a big issue for me and my family. I voted for Obama, but his weak response to this situation has broken my heart. Not one word on the desire for human beings to live in freedom. Sad.

It's not a march towards war. If anything the media has been severely lacking on the issues of the Iranian people. They perpetuate a stereotype of the country and the people. Iranians want peace, and they want their freedom.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by RDR17]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I would like to point out that no fewer than three Americans are behind bars here in the United States just for comments about our most recent election and the President it brought to power.

Yes just for comments, no protests, no actions, just comments that they don't agree with the direction our nation and our leader is taking.

They didn't go out on street corners, they didn't wave guns around, they didn't distrupt traffic or subway trains or stand on soap boxes in the middle of a busy town squared, they just foolishly told other people they don't like the President of the United States and his administration and would like to bring it down.

None of these three men were in a position to bring down the President of the United States, none of them had a serious plot, or plan to do so, they just had the foolish desire to dissent privately to other citizens.

Now they couldn't even if they wanted to because they are behind bars, and will be behind bars for a very long time.

Maybe 3 Americans in America isn't worth 140 Iranians in Iran, the same level of questioning, the same level of outrage, the same level of media attention.

I wonder why that is?

I sure hope my country doesn't try to turn this into another Middle Eastern war, there is just no telling what kind of war they are really going to end up with on their hands.

The War in Iraq has turned out to be one of the costliest and least productive messes the United States has ever gotten into.

It's only eclipsed by the blundering and wholesale murdering and lying going on in Afghanistan.

We sure do have great propoganda but I sure would like to know where we got all these stupid easily manipulated citizens from?

Ah the danger of broken borders!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious
I was watching a stream from CNN about Michael Jackson and how folks around the world are saddened by it, but then towards the end of the broadcast they show some twitter comments from a couple 'people' saying thing like "Ahmadinejad, Beat it, Beat it" and such. Shortly after reading off the comments the news chic says something along the lines of "and let us not forget about Iran".

Wow. I'm glad you notice these things... it's such a shame most people don't seem to.

On the MJ thing, as a side note... I heard he died of shock when he found out Boyz II Men weren't a delivery service...

Back to the serious stuff... have the people in the US media no shame? Can they not see what puppets they are?

It just amazes me when it's only a few years on from the whole WMD fiasco.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
How long has a war with Iran been about to start? Two years? Three? Longer?

Am I the only one who gets the fact that Iran is China's main oil supplier, and China owns a lot of the United States' debt? If the United States attacks Iran, China will call the debt, collapsing the United States economy.

The collapse of the United States economy is of course the overall goal of the elite, but not right now. That is why an attack on Iran is not going to happen in the near future.

The United States in control of China's oil supply levels the playing field between the two, and that simply cannot happen. The elite have slated China as the United States' economic superpower replacement. While one nation is on it's way up, the other is on it's way down. There cannot be a balance; It's counter productive to what they hope to accomplish.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RDR17
Iranians want peace, and they want their freedom.

I guess the Islamic revolution wasn't such a good idea.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

In a word: yeeeesss.

I would rather see Iran nuked than hear Sean Hannity every single day wish that Iran was nuked. Tiresome.

Snarkiness off.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
I would rather see Iran nuked than hear Sean Hannity every single day wish that Iran was nuked. Tiresome.

Snarkiness off.

Wouldn't it be a whole lot easier just to turn off Hannity?

Sanity, not Hannity, back on.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Stop war mongering pls !

Who have you actually "liberated" after WW2, Even during the WW2, you were forced to join the war! not on a world liberty agenda!

Some Americans mongering war because you need to update you arsenal and regenerate your weapon industry. but don't you learn the lessons after so many Americans soldiers lost their lives in world policing!!!

Now NK, Iran, what the western media is doing now is exactlly what happened before Iraq war!

People wake up, weapon dealers and dirty politicians won't pay your tax! they won't send their own children to the field!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Wait a minute, so Iran's leader is accused of rigging the elections, and not for the first time mind you, western media of course jump on this to boost their ratings, and suddenly, Iran's leader is innocent and being demonised by those evil Jews in the media?

What about the fact activists are being locked up?
What about the fact some of the responses to protests have been brutal?

It was perfectly fine for everyone to moan and whine on ATS about Bush supposedly stealing the election, but when the media goes on about Irans leader supposedly stealing their elections......??

My God, some people need to pull their heads out. The double standards are sickening.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
Iran deserves all the demonizing they are getting. The government is asking for this label by how they are treating their people.

according to whom?

Western media of course

you know that speech Ahmaj. was supposed to have said "Wipe Israel off the face of the map"? He says he never said that, apparently and conveniently western translators somehow messed up their translation.

According to Cole, "Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to 'wipe Israel off the map' because no such idiom exists in Persian"
en.wikipedia.org...

CNN.com ~ Iranian leader: Wipe out Israel - Oct 27, 2005
But Ahmadinejad said the "new wave of confrontations generated in Palestine and the growing turmoil in the Islamic world would in no time wipe Israel away," ...
www.cnn.com...

so you see media can twist words and translations to suit their agendas of fear mongering and hatred

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join