It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Global Warming' Study Censored by the EPA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Competitive Enterprise Institute

Washington, D.C., June 26, 2009—The Competitive Enterprise Institute is today making public an internal study on climate science which was suppressed by the Environmental Protection Agency. Internal EPA email messages, released by CEI earlier in the week, indicate that the report was kept under wraps and its author silenced because of pressure to support the Administration’s agenda of regulating carbon dioxide.

The report finds that EPA, by adopting the United Nations’ 2007 “Fourth Assessment” report, is relying on outdated research and is ignoring major new developments. Those developments include a continued decline in global temperatures, a new consensus that future hurricanes will not be more frequent or intense, and new findings that water vapor will moderate, rather than exacerbate, temperature.

New data also indicate that ocean cycles are probably the most important single factor in explaining temperature fluctuations, though solar cycles may play a role as well, and that reliable satellite data undercut the likelihood of endangerment from greenhouse gases. All of this demonstrates EPA should independently analyze the science, rather than just adopt the conclusions of outside organizations.

More information at the site.
An entire draft copy of the study that the EPA censored is available.

PDF file - March 9, 2009

About the Competitive Enterprise Institute - they say they area non-profit, non-partisan public policy group dedicated to the principles of free enterprise and limited government. They also say that the public shouldn’t be kept in the dark by an agency supposedly committed to transparency.

Read the study. See what you think. I have no doubt that Al Gore and his carbon credit trading scheme $$$ are hard at work keeping the truth about 'global warming' away from the public.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah,it is hard to sell a lie while the truth is breathing down their necks. Had this news gotten out and gotten reliable press,we probably wouldn't have seen the Cap & Tax bill pass.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
One of the main reasons why Obama had to get this dictatorial legislation passed now is because world opinion on manmade global warming is changing fast.

Among the many reasons President Barack Obama and the Democratic majority are so intent on quickly jamming a cap-and-trade system through Congress is because the global warming tide is again shifting. It turns out Al Gore and the United Nations (with an assist from the media), did a little too vociferous a job smearing anyone who disagreed with them as "deniers." The backlash has brought the scientific debate roaring back to life in Australia, Europe, Japan and even, if less reported, the U.S.

In April, the Polish Academy of Sciences published a document challenging man-made global warming. In the Czech Republic, where President Vaclav Klaus remains a leading skeptic, today only 11% of the population believes humans play a role. In France, President Nicolas Sarkozy wants to tap Claude Allegre to lead the country's new ministry of industry and innovation. Twenty years ago Mr. Allegre was among the first to trill about man-made global warming, but the geochemist has since recanted. New Zealand last year elected a new government, which immediately suspended the country's weeks-old cap-and-trade program.

Source.

If they don't grab the power now, they may never.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
We're still ruining the environment, no matter how the damages manifest. We can't keep cutting down the rainforest, we can't keep throwing pollutants into the air or the streams. It's horrible to think that some people are more concerned about their money and nitpicking every bit of research by valuable scientists than they are about preserving the planet.

Humans should never have existed.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

One big point is that CO2 is not a pollutant. And that is exactly what this regime is targeting.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
We're still ruining the environment, no matter how the damages manifest. We can't keep cutting down the rainforest, we can't keep throwing pollutants into the air or the streams. It's horrible to think that some people are more concerned about their money and nitpicking every bit of research by valuable scientists than they are about preserving the planet.

We are not talking about those other problems. We are talking about CO2 as a factor in anthropogenic climate change. Those arguments are red herrings, even if they are valid in a broader context. The media hype doesn't seem too concerned with imminent and tangible environmental threats. There's big profits to be made and big honchos meeting with government officials and there will be little media coverage about it.

No, I don't want industrial chemicals dumped everywhere. I don't want every forest decimated. I don't want the air polluted. I want measures taken to protect the environment to be effective ones rather than buying into the politician's fallacy. I have no shame in hugging trees at all.

Humans should never have existed.

I went through this stage around your age (you said you were 18, right?). As we have the power to destroy it, we may have more power to protect it, especially from impact threats, which no other species on this planet that I know of has been in a position to ward off.

top topics

join