It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faux ATS Voting on US Bills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Due to the current and past mindless voting that is going on in Washington, I propose that ATS set up a Faux Voting for Bills, not every bill, but the important ones in Washington D.C.

This will do a few things, allow for the introduction of the Bill on ATS, allow members to debate, discuss, analyze, research and understand it to the best of their ability. Armed with this knowledge they will be able to vote with some degree of efficacy.

I propose that voting members need to have a certain amount of posts and time on ATS Forums.

After the voting we will compare how our reps in Washington voted, this should give us a fairly good indication of the moral majority US, and the difference in opinions, from Washington DC.

I believe this will draw a lot of attention on the net.

Any other thoughts on this ATS Faux Voting would be much appreciated.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Sounds like a good idea to me. Congressmen Boehner stated, in congress yesterday, that 77% of the people in the US did not want the Cap and Trade bill that passed the house yesterday.
The President was personally arm twisting on this one and it still barely passed. My point is, these congressmen don't have the balls to stand up and vote the way their constituents want.
Something like an ats vote might give us a guide on how congress should have voted.
By the way, the cap and trade, which is a tax that will raise the price of everything, especially your electric and gas bills, goes to the Senate after the July 4th holiday.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Can non- American ATS members, influence your faux vote ?

It would give it a touch of realism .

Edit to add: ?

[edit on 27-6-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Wow, I could see this as being a lot of fun. Have a party representative from each state if possible too. And you would have to explain your votes as well, why you voted whichever way you did etc...

Yeah it sounds fun, but I imagine the manpower involved would be horrendous. So probably not feasible.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
If ATS set of a voting system I would say "Yes" everyone should be able to vote, not just people from the USA.

Everyone at this point in the world is under the rule of the select elite.

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by Realtruth

Can non- American ATS members, influence your faux vote ?

It would give it a touch of realism .

Edit to add: ?

[edit on 27-6-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
No, it's actually simple with PHP bulletin board software, which has polls and voting as a basic tool.

This voting system would have to be regulated by a mod or supermod, in that the first post would entail all details of the Bill and voting options. All other posts after would be for comments, after a given time frame the results would be displayed on original first post, then additional comments could follow.

Originally posted by Juston
Wow, I could see this as being a lot of fun. Have a party representative from each state if possible too. And you would have to explain your votes as well, why you voted whichever way you did etc...

Yeah it sounds fun, but I imagine the manpower involved would be horrendous. So probably not feasible.

top topics

join