It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House drafts executive order to allow indefinite detentions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

White House drafts executive order to allow indefinite detentions

rawstory.com

The Obama administration, fearing a battle with Congress that could stall plans to close Guantanamo, has drafted an executive order that would reassert presidential authority to incarcerate terrorism suspects indefinitely, according to three senior government officials with knowledge of White House deliberations.

Such an order would embrace claims by former president George W. Bush that certain people can be detained without trial for long periods under the laws of war. Obama advisers are concerned that bypassing Congress could place the president on weaker footing before the courts and ang
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
All of the reasons given by the Obama administration for such an executive order are just mere excuses. They can figure out a method for setting those terrorists free, or, those accused free from our soil. They've been here long enough. They should go back to the lands which they've came from and perhaps they could be held in a prison there if their land will take them. This is inexcusable. So no one should really be surprised. This is the new boss... same as the old boss. I guess that change that Obama talked about was just an illusion of change. Huh?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
It's all fine and dandy until the definitions of "terrorist" change to include those who merely speak out against the government. I believe we are heading down that road and will one day look back on these past few years and wonder why we didn't stand up

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
If you read some of the other threads the definition of terrorist has changed to include basically anyone who would stand in the governments way or even just speak out against it. One step closer to putting an end to tea parties and rallies and websites such as this. The end is not near. IT IS HERE.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

This has more significance than a lot of people might realize.

It's been part of the plan for years, at least back to Nixon. I guess each new President goes through the little ritual of signing these Executive Orders that remove normal civil rights in the event of a National Emergency. You drill down into the justifications for these plans, and they are so lame. I've been told it comes from an ancient reactive impulse to destroy those things one feels one can no longer control.

I'm not an expert, but this is all wrapped up with FEMA, the possibility of using U.N. troops to police Americans when riots, which are purposely provoked, break out in cities, and other bizarre plots.

It's part of the big picture and that picture ain't pretty.

All I can say is I'm glad there are people still willing to shout out about this because I think that is the main factor delaying the serious implementation of these plans.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
This is preparing the way for martial law, and when Americans are to be rounded up and placed into FEMA camps.

Of course jailing and torturing foreigners with out trial is GOOD, it makes Americans feel safe.

But wouldn't it be horrible if the same standards are applied to Americans ?

So get ready guys.

The delights of Abu Gharib and Gitmo are coming to a FEMA camp near you.

new topics

top topics

join