It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunscreen causes cancer!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
www.naturalnews.com...

Apparently 84% of all sunscreens are actually harmful and some can cause cancer.

FDA still not regulating so companies can claim what they like.

Is anything sold by big companies safe anymore (was it ever?)
Grow your own and then you are safe, must be able to make some sort of sun screnn naturally or of course just wear a hat and clothes.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnb
must be able to make some sort of sun screnn naturally or of course just wear a hat and clothes.

Or just stop being afraid of the Sun.

I've seen no evidence that claims skin cancer has always been a problem for humans. In fact, I'd say it's becoming more common, even though sunscreen use is also becoming more common. Go figure?

I suppose I could be wrong, but I have not seen the evidence that says skin cancer has been a major problem longer than skin lotions and medications have been around. I don't doubt a correlation between the two.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I think all of the sunscreen use led to my vit d deficiency.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
I think all of the sunscreen use led to my vit d deficiency.

Thats exactly what it has done.

Vitamin D, and sunshine are key to the health of a person. Anyone via a quick google search will see that Vitamin D is instrumental to our health. When we apply sunscreen it blocks vitamin D from being absorbed.

Additionally, unlike our ancesters, who did not have sun screen, it removes are own super power of being able to tell when we have had too much sun exposure. You may have experienced this super power before, your skin goes a bit red, and if left unchecked it turns into a burn.

Traditionally, when people noticed a burn coming on, they either got out of the sun, took refuge in shade, or put a layer of clothing over their skin. The reason why we have increased skin cancer is two fold in my opinion, on one hand you have people using weak and ineffective lotions, which block vitamin D, but do not block UVA. As well as the fact that people stay in the sun far too long with out proper - NON CHEMICAL - based protection.

In an amazing twist of irony, to save ourselves from skin cancer, we lather ourselves up with known cancer causing chemicals and lather it up until it absorbs into our body.

It's also worth noting that I covered this topic, as well as 13 others, in my two part series 7 Things that ARE Killing you! and 7 Things that ARE Killing you! Part 2

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It seems to me we are being weakened and fattened. It isnt just vitamin D they are trying to take but all vitamins in general. Fruits and vegetables no longer have the daily requirement of vitamins and minerals they once had. The FDA has been trying to yank vitamins out of stores for some time now. TPTB are quick to make us deficient in the things we need and are even quicker to pump us full of toxins and what not that we obviously do not need. And it has nothing to do with Big Pharma. We are being altered and it is right there in our face. I have started my new diet of fresh foods and drink mostly water. And been getting more sun. Cant wait to see how I feel and look in a month.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Just thought, if this is causing a lack of Vit D due to blocking the sun could this be another reason the old H1n1 Swineflu is still spreading out of season - slightly off topic but gets me wondering.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The sun to some degree is good for you sure, but somewhere you need to use moderation and that's a fact unless you want to look like a piece of used up dried up leather.
We've all seen the 30 year old woman who sits in the sun basking in Crisco oil and doesn't look a day younger than 60.

Wear protective clothing for sensitive areas a hat to protect the ears, cheeks, nose eyebrow ridges use aloe on the face which you can grow yourself also look for recipes for sun screen as I'm sure there out there for your children.
www.a1-natural-beauty.com...
skincare.lovetoknow.com...

I have very fair skin though like china doll white with light eyes and light hair so the sun is my mortal enemy at times haha, and I also have sensitive skin so I make my own sun screen along with body lotions and body sprays and also cosmetics so I don't have to deal with those chemicals it's really easy to learn how but yeah just be smart about your exposure and make sure to use balance/moderation and try to remember that not every company/doctor is out to get you

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
There are several threads on this topc:
The Sunscreen Myth: How sunscreen products actually promote cancer!
Sunscreen = hormones chemicals and cancer
Using Sunscreen Can Cause Cancer

Please add your thoughts to one of these threads.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join