It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weakening winds due to global warming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

The data is for the US only so far and they admit to this not being definitive. Interesting seems most prominent is north round the great lakes.
It seems ironic that as we switch to alternative energy sources such as wind the available power seems to have dropped by around 30%.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by johnb]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
With all the global warming controversy of late, I wonder whether scientists have looked at other reasons why this could be occurring (other than the erection of buildings or trees). Could such things as deforestation, changes in earths magnetics, solar minimum, haarp and related atmospheric tests etc also affect the wind? Could it be a natural phenomena not yet realised? Climate change threorists claim that precipitation will change globally. Could the hydrological system somehow affect wind events?
s&f, thanks for the post.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

Based on what I took from the article, it's too early to tell what's going on. It could be nothing.

Interesting story, but I'm not convinced one way or another.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by johnb

But, what does your logic tell you ??

What do you belive could be the cause of this ?

An scientist could easaly blame it on cows like this: 'well, the reason for the decrease in winds and/or wind speeds is ofcours due to the factr that we eat all our cows, there is 60% less cow farts now, and that leads to low current/movement of the air.'

Scary part is, if that was sayd on TV, you'd believe it !

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Are you kidding me? Up until a week ago it was amazing how strong it was on occasion where I live. Everything is more drastic now imo.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

ChemB - I thought it was the cows that caused golabal warming with all their farting, so I suppose it is their fault

Quick kill all the cows lol

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It was already on the list.

www.numberwatch.co.uk...

........wind shift, wind reduced, winds stronger, winds weaker,..........

In fact everything you can think of is probably on the list already.

top topics

join