It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future fear we all sense is coming!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This is probably in the wrong spot or whatever, and i'm eagerly awaiting the U2U saying it's been moved to wherever!

I work in a place where I see the public frequently and deal with everyone on 1 to 1 basis.

I've noticed an increase (severe increase) in people talkin about the economy and woes of the world.

It's something I can't explain, but everyone seems to get this look in their eye, face, mouth, (I notice the little things!), that suggests to me that they know something bad is about to happen, just don't know what.

This may come off of the movie "The day the earth stood still" but everything has been in a movie at some point!

It's really weird, and it increases each day, people seem 'lifeless' like they know something is about to happen, (first thing I want to do is ask them if their on ATS!!!).

Has anyone else noticed this, and/or feel that something is coming but not know what.

This correlates with my other thread about the phone ringing.

It's just to weird for it to seem probable, everyone remarks a little on something, like i've never seen before in intensity.

Maybe just anxiety is spreading, depression too. But this is eerie, something is going to happen, I don't feel it per say, but I can see it in everyones faces.

They look, as I write this, I can see it, they look as if they just watched the twin towers get hit, that exact look at the instant, not before not after but the stunned scared look, almost just in general and especially when the economy is brought up or guns, or foreign relations.

I don't really work with lower class, but alot of upper class citizens, and that's what bothers me.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Republican08]

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Scary, I've noticed that too. Seems a lot like the way people began to behave in Atlas Shrugged as the government began to take control. I think it's that people know that with each passing moment of their lives, they lose more and more freedom and they know there's not much that can be done about it.

TA

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

We all knowing we are losing freedoms, and that's disheartening in itself.

But even under bush when the patriot act was introduced I didn't notice this type of behavior.

It's very eerie, like a growing subconcious consensus of an upcoming event, and maybe it's the constant blasting of doom from the news, with Iran, Iraq, Afgan, N. Korea, etc etc etc, wanting to attack. We are all pretty shooken up about it.

The last thing anyone wants is another attack on american soil, but it seems the expressions are that way, as if it'd already happened. (excluding 9/11)

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

You're very perceptive. Yes, everyone knows that the old world and the egoioc structure of that civilization is on the precipice of a collapse, and that their entire worldview and outlook is no longer valid, nor functional. They are reaching the end of "the program" the false reality, and they know it's already dead, but they keep on talking it up, perpetuating it, because they just don't know any better, or, anything else to replace it, so they're locked up in a death trap, as are the materialist monists, anything that's outmoded, and is no longer congruent with reality, is like a dead man walking - this is why you can see it so clearly, and find it to be so disturbing to you.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Funny you mention that, I was the most arrogant and outspoken, individual you'd ever meet, i'd remember what I said but wouldn't remember you at all.

Upon finding NLP, and well life in general

I've really looked at peoples emotions, feelings, and gestures, and their continously getting more disturbing, and awkward!

It gives me a terrible feeling inside, although my feeligns are always wrong, lately as i've come to grips with them, there more and more right. Maybe thats the key. I try to read people, not analyze but consume their feelings and feel what they feel, and it's not looking good.

i think it's starting with people realizing the stock market is a complete and udder flaw on the economy, nothin but a well put hoax of ideas. Although good, is foolish.

Thank you for your reply, you to TA.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

In some cases, I know that people know. I know they're having thoughts that they find to be anomalous to their cultured world view. They simply do not wish to speak about it because they are unaware that others are thinking similar things. Direct questioning will result in a denial. They must volunteer to speak.

Speaking to the title of this thread, it is a bit presumptuous to say that "we all fear" it.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

What would you change it to, I couldn't find the right title.

It's weird how people are so afraid to speak of it, what is that all about!?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
BUT - the GOOD NEWS, is there is another world coming in to replace the old outmoded one, and many many MANY people are working hard on helping to bring that one into being.

But at some stage, as more and more "get it", then the demarcation point will reach a threshold and there will be two very distinct types of people on this planet. Those who anticipated and freely entered the "kindgom of heaven" (new realm of being and becoming) and those for whom it passed them by. For the first group, life will be like a giant party, filled with merriment, laughter and celebration, and for the others, the humour of the first group will come across to them as being totally arrogant, and down right unsulting and rude. This will then further harden the hearts of the "left behind", thus closing the door to the new world for them once and for all. "And the good will continue to do good, and the evil evil."

That time may be upon us now. If I were you, I'd stop looking for it, for the negative side, and work on becoming a new creation yourself and then recognizing THAT in those around you. It could be the best thing you ever did, and if you can make it through, in the midst of the dead, you will never look back, and you will know what he meant when JC said to his desciple "leave the dead to bury their dead."

And if you're into NLP, then there are many facets of the "human potential movement" which will give you access to the new world I speak about, and it's absolutely glorious, and that is what I've been seeing lately, and what I am projecting now.

Two worlds, on a collision course. Which you will you belong to? The line is being drawn, even as we speak. Choose life.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I've noticed this too. we're watching everything. many shocking things have happened that threaten us. loss of retirement funds is a big one for those of us who are older. we had counted on having something to live on, now maybe not, and we see the government promising more and more and delivering less and less.

we see that our elected officials ignore us when we object to bailouts and crazy bills. we see clearly that they don't read bills before voting for them. we know we are not in good hands with them at the helm.

our country's debt is growing massive. we know we can't pay it off and that hyperinflation is just around the corner. and we can't do one thing about it. everything we thought we knew, we thought we could count on is crumbling.

yes of course some miraculous thing could happen and everything will be alright, but in our known history, when things crumble, they mostly just crumble, and a generation or two or three struggle to patch together a new system.

lately it seems that our governing regime has stepped up the pace. what bizarre thing will they do next? what outrage will be committed against the citizens of this country? why are they striving to bring it all come crashing down?

weirdly though i personally feel less fearful than i was a month ago or two months ago. yes it seems like something big is going to happen but it seems to be unfolding like a planned process and there's not much to do but watch and wait.

don't get me wrong. i read about what's happening and watch the news, write to my elected officials constantly but these things feel superficial. oh yes i know, we're all acting out our fears or maybe projecting our fears or maybe hanging on to our fears, but there's a lot going on around us to trigger them.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Interesting post.

I think "doom and gloom", predictions of disaster, have always been a part of the human psyche.

That being said, sometimes it comes true.

Many people are sticking their heads in the sand and hoping for the best.

To be honest, I am not sure where I fall, maybe half in the sand with one eager eye out and watching for the coming danger, legs ready to run.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The NWO has us right where they want us, and our herding is going just fine...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ace High
To be honest, I am not sure where I fall, maybe half in the sand with one eager eye out and watching for the coming danger, legs ready to run.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I agree. I don't see much of the dread or fear in the Spanish speaking countries, but my husbands back in the states checking on our place up there and he says that people are walking around looking as though they have that sick feeling of impending doom.

Star and flag, spread the love!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

It does feel like that, I feel the doom, but i'm also an ats member!
dedicated one at that, who checks every hour, even when asleep!!

Best site i've ever come across honestly!

Everyone does seem to have this gloom and doom look, even those who are sure obama will save the world (no joking) seem to speak with a inconcsistent body language suggesting otherwise, from nose touching to telling what he'll doing with a no sign from the head.

I see it clearly and I wonder what the subconcious knows, if only it could speak!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I would invite you to take a look at the degree to which this is also in you, projecting from you, and if you know NLP then you'll understand why I would say that.

Often people instantly cheer up in my presence, sometimes so fast I can't notice it, so to me, all I see reflected back are happy peaceful, optimistic people, bright shiney happy people everywhere!

Then again, I don't live in the states, but in Vancouver Canada, and so perhaps everyone is high on pot or something..

Bottom line, I guess I'm suggesting that you look within and just decide to BE the light in the world, and eminate something else, something better by an infinite degree, and then watch as the people and the world around you transforms as a result. Try it as an experiment, and you can do it, provided you youself have not succumbed to the body snatcher invasion of resignation and cynicism..

[edit on 27-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Perhaps, but it's the subconcious viewing what it whats to view after it's filtered out what it doesn't want to view, hence racism and prejudice amongst religion! I know a bit about NLP!

What degree may that be may I ask, clearly you've gotten more Stars than Me! So what is the special degree your in, i'm very curious!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
BUT - the GOOD NEWS, is there is another world coming in to replace the old outmoded one, and many many MANY people are working hard on helping to bring that one into being.

Great post! Indeed the system is being chipped away at. I unfortunately am one of the people doing the chipping. Imagine millions of people all over the planet chipping at the system, calling into question those that have fed off this system. Imagine millions of people each working on the one thing they know about well enough to chip at. Holding truth above all else, you walk forward chipping away at the lies. Lie by lie, hoping and praying that maybe those that stand for the lie "get it." The people doing the chipping can't help it. They don't know how to do anything else but speak truth. These people are labeled as they do not fit into the old system, and are feared by those that support the old system. Why would they fear them? Because, their power is based on a lie, and the person doing the chipping is saying the truth. It's scary for them to not have any power over you.

If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about then you are missing the boat. Sooner or later these people chipping away at the system will grow to finally meet each other and this is where the new paradigm will shift in fully. We aren't far off. Those "lifeless eye" the OP see's are those knowing something is changing, someone is knocking on their door saying "Remember, why you came here." They will get it soon enough.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by EnlightenUp

What would you change it to, I couldn't find the right title.

Hmmm, since you asked...to preserve the ominous and imminent tone, I might suggest The future we all sense is coming.

It's weird how people are so afraid to speak of it, what is that all about!?

Excessive cognitive dissonance in the form of fear of crazy thoughts and fear of ridicule from others.

I'll say that it is just making me really cranky. I wonder if it is wise to be so gung-ho thinking, "Bring it on, sucka!"

It's like diving off the high dive for the first time, not really knowing if you'll do a belly-smacker or land gracefully without even a splash. I feel like I want to just get it over with.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

See the edit I made in my above post for a little clarification.

What I'm saying is that you are more powerful and much more influencial in the most subtle of ways than you may realize, and instead of reading them for these signs, try reversing the flow, and making of yourself a channel of joy, love, peace, happiness, optimism in spite of what everyone else around you may be mired down in. Just try it, and watch their dead eyes come to life.

In answer to your question - I've just being doing a deep meditation practice for the past six months and have experienced a transformation in awareness and understanding, something that is accessible to anyone, and it doesn't even take a whole lot of discipline to do every day.

And if I have a "degree" it's a degree from the University of DNOTS (dark night of the soul). I've gone to the wall over this stuff, regarding the state of affairs, and have arrived at the hard fought solution that the ONLY rational and reasonable response in the face of it all is an unreasonable optimism, which, given that we are always on the cusp of an as yet unborn realm of infinite possibility, is no less a form of realism in it's expectation for something better, and let's face it, it cannot get any worse!

All I'm saying is you may be more at cause than you realize, and that the world and the people around you, are in fact, like a mirror in many ways.

Try this - look them in the eye and think of the person you most love in the whole world, and watch their eyes come alive. Try it, just as an experiment, and if I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but I don't think do.

They need you, the world needs you, to BE the change in the world, in whatever way however big or small. You are the beginning of the solution, from your own sphere of influence no matter how limited you may think it is.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

"And I'll meet you in the middle!"
~ from the movie, "Braveheart"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join