It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America - 2104

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I would be interested to hear peoples views and possibly concerns on the state of the US over the next 100 years. What they currently stand for and where the ideals are leading a large global community.

Is the 'War on Terror'
going to evolve into a new world order or is going to push for global piece...eeeeeeventually one hopes!!

Thank you for your read and look forward to the views.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I don't think there can ever be global peace. The world has too many cultures, too many religions, multiple economic systems and too much history to allow world peace.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think that if we were to ever discover ET Life then our cultures an other social bodies of the world including the mass ppublic would lighten up an realize the bigger picture for once thus forth prolly starting a path to global peace, We would just be hatin the ET prolly lol J/kin.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think the world will emerge into economic super blocs.

The EU, the US, China and Oceana.

The UK will have to choose between the EU and US, we cannot sit on the fence for too long otherwise we will suffer. China will become more democratic as time wears on (recently private schools have begun admitting foreign students). Japan will become too integrated with the US, along with Canada and the rest of the Americas. Australia, with New Zealand and the surrounding countries will combine economies to form their own version of the EU. This has already started in some form.

If the UK does not join the EU, it may become a state of the US (though I honestly don't know - depends on the government type at the time).

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I dont think humans will live another hundred years as we know it. There is going to be a break down.. Remember everything has a life.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
mmmm...Living in the Uk myself I may have to agree
that presently there are a large number of Governmental fence sitters, the UK would ideally be more suited to the EU way of thinking...but...then it would have to back down on its International policies in Israel etc...and will it do that??

China, is said to be the next economic superpower by the year 2020 - eclipsing the US and UK economies (WOW)
so best we look at learning a new language

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Humpy
If the UK does not join the EU, it may become a state of the US (though I honestly don't know - depends on the government type at the time).

I don't think so. America would become a state of UK, not the other way around.

I don't even think America will survive another 20 years. In due time, America will become a third world country and then it will eventually collapse from invasion or just corruption.

As far as global peace is concerned- it's difficult but possible.

The only thing that will bring the world together is a staged alien invasion. This way, all the countries will have to become ONE for a day or two to beat out all of the aliens. Then, the NWO will be officially established.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Ok...A New World Order has been formed...now what? Who, Why, What and When?

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What does it matter if China's economy passes ours? Isn't it more important to have a strong economy than the top economy? We are still considered the top economy but is it honestly that strong? We need to prepare for the new economy - one where out imports exceed our exports. We need to become self-sufficient such that the trade imbalance has a smaller impact. We are so dependent on luxury items that we can't imagine a world without them. When's the last time someone watered their lawn by walking around with the hose versus using their sprinkler system? How much time is truly saved in the morning by using an electric shaver versus a razor?

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Exactly...I totally agree on that line of thought!
Economic domination does not work!

''Money, to some people, is like subtitles in a foreign film''

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
Ok...A New World Order has been formed...now what? Who, Why, What and When?

www.freedomdomain.com...

What does it matter if China's economy passes ours? Isn't it more important to have a strong economy than the top economy?

Yea, but we don't even have a strong economy. Our economy is very unstable, it's very hard to see where it will be in 5-10 years but one thing is for sure- China's economy just keeps climbing, climbing, and climbing.

Balance of the power in the world can move to China like this.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
mmmm...and wouldn't it be easier to declare 'War on Terror' to hide face value facts than to try and work together for positivity not negativity - mmmm maybe the 'Football' button has been pushed already.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

What does it matter if China's economy passes ours? Isn't it more important to have a strong economy than the top economy?

Yea, but we don't even have a strong economy. Our economy is very unstable, it's very hard to see where it will be in 5-10 years but one thing is for sure- China's economy just keeps climbing, climbing, and climbing.

Balance of the power in the world can move to China like this.

True, but the same can be said of China's economy some day. As their working class improves their standard of living, imports will become more attractive. I think the trade imbalance is a result of a strong economy.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Originally posted by Humpy

I don't think so. America would become a state of UK, not the other way around.

I don't even think America will survive another 20 years. In due time, America will become a third world country and then it will eventually collapse from invasion or just corruption.

As far as global peace is concerned- it's difficult but possible.

The only thing that will bring the world together is a staged alien invasion. This way, all the countries will have to become ONE for a day or two to beat out all of the aliens. Then, the NWO will be officially established.

This statement about the US collapsing I find to be false. While I can believe China may surpase us, the world in general cannot let the US deteriorate.

How do you think this would effect the global economy? The EU would get crushed, China would spend years backtracking to reasses its strategy.

To many emerging econimies depend on their US ties for development.

And then there is the will of the American People.

They hate us because they need us.

I find the statement of the U.S. becoming a nation similar to the UK more suitable. A power among nations, but not the most powerful of nations.

We are already consolidating our forces and downsizing them. The military is looking at moving its troops from Korea and Japan to Guam. Our guys in Turkey will be reloacted in Germany and then be pulled closer to home in the Azores.

The US is pushing for world involvement in Iraq so we can get our trrops out. Then, they too will be sent back home or relocated to Guam.

Why do you think we refuse to talk to North Korea directly?

The War On Terrorism should be referred to as Afghanistan.

Iraq is a mistake that 60% of American people want corrected. We wont be a large presence there next year, because even if Bush wins re-election, this fact is blatantly obvious.

If your going to make a statement, try to make it an educated one.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by crisko]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
America will be just fine.

After we win this war and defeat our enemies, we will go into the future with the promise of a better life kept for all future generations.

On September 11th, the enemy dared to attack our nation and disrupt our domestic tranquility. By winning this war, we will restore domestic tranquility and America shall prevail.

That's my prediction.

God Bless America.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
by 2104 the population will be much smaller due to an upcoming global nuclear war. Hopefully by that time, people will have united into one race, the Human Race...

Just my thoughts

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Basically I don't see much of a future for the USA. Up until now it has had the top economic card and the top military card. It is shortly about to lose its economic card so it is keen to show it still has its military card.

US National Debt = $7,147,545,929,573.40

Or if you like $7.1 Trillion.

Not to mention the $500 billion a year trade deficit.

www.publicdebt.treas.gov...

Once you add in military retirement payments, Social Security (empty "trust fund"), etc., the national debt is probably more like $30 trillion.

All that American debt testifies to the USA's free ticket to creating dollars out of thin air. As long as they aren't spent in the USA, the USA can effectively pay interest in dollars on the dollars it borrows back from the whole world, ie. it has free loans and is paying funny money for foreign goods and services... for the time being.

Dunno what the EU National debt is but the EU runs at a trade surplus. The Euro is a lesser reserve currency but you can't buy oil directly with Euros (yet). When you can it will be the only real reserve currency.

Once you see the Euro as a reserve and oil currency you can kiss the US economy goodbye. Just look at Iraq for an example of what happens to a country that starts trading oil for Euros.

Once the rest of the world wakes up and starts trying to get out of the dollar for whatever reason (oil peak, war, terror attacks), allllll that cash will flow back to the USA and cause hyperinflation.

The mysterious process that would cause the US economy to collapse is the change in exchange rates. While US dollars are the reserve currency in which oil is traded, all nations need to ensure that they have a fistful of dollars in reserve with which they can buy oil. This means that the US treasury can print and spend dollars and can get goods in return while being confident that most of these dollars are safely tied up in foreign national banks and will not be "cashed in" against the US reserves. In effect the US has literally been able to print money since the gold standard was abolished.

If Euros become the new reserve currency, all of a sudden there will be a whole lot of dollars used to pay off any trade balances with the US. Instead of getting goods in return for paper, the US will start to get paper in return for goods. The final effect will be massive inflation in the US and a plummeting dollar on the international exchange markets.

Yes, the USA is heading for complete financial collapse taking most of the world with it leaving the EU to emerge as the dominant economic world power.

If you look at history currency systems have only ever lasted about 30 years so we are long overdue for a complete crash since the USA stopped backing the dollar with gold in the 1970s.

It's been a fun last 50 years but the party is almost over !

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I suspect things will arry on the way they have for the last 100 years. There will be times of peace and war. The economy will keep rolling in cycles.

I think the major changes will jobs. Technology will continue to replace people.

And here is the biggy IMO, religion. I suspect that we/they will eventually merge the major religions into one. I can't see the fighting over religion going on forever,there will have to be changes made. I know it does sound silly at 1st, but I think over a period of time it can happen.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I admire your optimism and faith !

Have you looked at the global environmental, social, political, economic and energy situation recently ?

As for the religion thing you're dead right. Already the catholic church is attempting to embrace all other religions.

Revelation is fairly clear that all religions will be brought together when the anti-christ seeks to make himself god.

[Edited on 19/5/2004 by TenPin]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Centralizing government and expanding it beyond reason, is ostensibly the worst mistake at any time in any historical era.

Since fewer and fewer people govern, the chances that psychopaths will determine the destiny of the rest of people who are basically social personalities are greatly increased. If such people institutionalize their psychopathic tendencies, and lock it in with technologies, the next 100 even the next 1000 years will be hell on earth even for extreme few who think they are in "control."

The only hope for most people during this critical juncture is to quietly isolate, and trick such obsolete oligargical characters into simulations, where they are so called "satisfied;" hence diverting them from effective contact with the "real world." The rest of us must proceed with local control, economics, and life support systems. There is no greater danger than pooling resources so that a few sociopaths and psychopaths as we well witnessed last century, would produce continuing future ruin for others at the pretext of some alleged "profit," and selfishness.

Above all one must call for local interest, even self interest, without the cost of extreme intrusion of any C4I2 structure.

This is therefore a call to some form such as a "Solaris," that produces an appropriate index of safety on each local level, without intrusive "security."

A huge set of laws that favor psychopaths at the so called "top," while punishing the whistleblowers, and mostly innocent bystanders, is approximately the current state of affairs.

One could centralize without making decisions in perpetuity that imprison authority as much as the greater good.

The best a central government or authority can do is offer optimal but entirely voluntary suggestions of a better way. Peer review on a broad based level, and transparency may overcome some reservations, but local government and less of it will always depend upon actual education, not upon the dumbed down processes and substitutes we currently submit.

One good observer who awakens us is the only acceptable "central authority," at any given time, but we must never make anyone or any governing process so indispensable that it deals out blindness and daily contradiction of reality. By the same token, faith without vision and without love is doomed to failure either in the spiritual or the material world.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by SkipShipman]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join