It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zodiac Killer Puzzle.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

More like trying to redeem the straw man on that one. Graysmith is smart, but I think he over estimated himself on this cipher. I like that mirror idea, though lets see where we get if we have a mirror image. Some of the words might change.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

well if you were saying my "hes talking like a 30s gangster" was a straw man, i didnt mean it to be one. i had found something where people were trying to interpret what he said and someone linked to a page with old timey slang.

and i tihnk graysmith may have put too much faith in his own work, or he solved some of it right but not all of it. i dont know, i would like to see someone else solve it his method and see what they get.

what if the zodiac made half of the cipher so that it had to have something extra done to it so it made sense so that you dont get a bunch of random letters and things that dont fit. im not sure how one would do that, im just putting my thoughts out there.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Trying to break the remaining codes manually is near impossible. I've always been intrigued by the zodiac killer but never really tried to break any of his ciphers. When I have some free time I'll take a crack at it but I'll let my computers do all the hard work.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Has anyone tried running this through a computer? What program would you use?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I'm liking these thoughts. But I don't know where to begin. I also think Garysmith had to much confidence in this one. I would like to hear more of whta you have to say about other ways to solve this. I think your on the right track

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

I'm not sure what program to use. Perhaps asking the computer tech guys in the BTS department.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
actually i found a computer program, but what it solves i havent a clue.
i got it from here.
crimeshadows.com...

it runs for a short while then spits out long series of letters tells you the amount of vowels that pop out and gives you one final long series of letters and the "highest score"

ive run it many many many times and have never gotten the same answer.

i think calling in a computer genius (or as many as possible) would be an excellent idea. does anyone have any personal computer whiz friends or do you think the ones in BTS would be willing to help?

[edit on 29-6-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Hopefully the ones in BTS would be kind enough to help. You willing to ask? I think those folks do not like me..lol

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'll ask... I speak geek.

Err, we all do actually, lol...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
couldnt a program be made by substituting each symbol with a number, then the program assigns each number a letter. (multiple numbers being allowed to have the same letter of course)
then it fills out the cipher and displays the results.
it does this until every possible out come has been determined. then you get someone to read through all outcomes til they find one (and probably a few others) that make sense.

think that would work?
im not too sure but i think its possible.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

That sounds too good to be true - It might work though... the simplest solutions. Issues might occur if perhaps 2 different symbols have been used for 1 letter, 1 symbol for 2 letters, such as "th" or "gh".

Does anyone know a programmer?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

i know it sounds too good...but then again what could it hurt?

and then we at least know how NOT to try to solve it.

i know a programmer but he has been missing the past few days.

and if theres 2 symbols for one letter or two letters per symbol, then it still would make sense for the most part except for in a handful of places.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Maybe that was my Britishness coming through... I meant that it might've been staring "us" in the face all along.

It may well be that, that solution works, we shouldn't discount anything until it's been analysed...

There's a guy on here called AnthrAndromda who claims to be a programmer, but I don't think he likes me.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
hahaha...am i the only one on the site that the programmers dont hate?(as far as i know i do have an Foe on this site, he might be a programmer)

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I always thought the picture at the footer and header was the biggest clue. Like if you were to grid it up it would solve it. But that will take some time and printing of the code

The slaves thing does remind me of ancient beliefs, killing/eating opponent to gain something
Professor Farnsworth:

Now, be careful, Fry. And if you kill anyone, make sure to eat their heart to gain their courage. Their rich tasty courage

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

I was thinking it reminded me of the Pharoahs, or the Chinese that had servants or soldiers buried with them. Both cultures use(d) pictographic characters...

I'd plump on the side of Egypt though

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Try some of the anagram and crypto-solvers as described in this thread and others like the November 5th game, the "WhatIsTheConspiracy" series of ATS puzzle threads, the drone crypto threads and similar glyph-type puzzle-solving threads over the last couple of years.

There's a lot of material there - but browsing through some of them will yield a cornucopia of tools and techniques to help with the Zodiac enigma.

Good luck, have fun - and keep looking up!

[edit:fixed link]

[edit on 7/1/2009 by Outrageo]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

I get a 404 error when i try the link you posted. Did you post the right link ?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
i found a techno weenie to make the program.

i should have it by the weekend. (turns out his bday is tomorrow)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Excellent! Tell him happy B-day and I cannot wait to see that program. I am really appreciating the time people are taking to look at the ciphers and offer their ideas. Much appreciated!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join