It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zodiac Killer Puzzle.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
So after reading through TheMythLives' excellent thread on the Zodiac killer,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it crossed my mind that I'd seen a thread elsewhere on BTS where someone was posting code-puzzles for fun, which got me to thinking there are some excellent minds on here and I bet as a group effort we could maybe get somewhere towards solving these.

I think the best thing would be to read through the Zodiac Killer: The Case Reviewed thread for all the background story and then get cracking on the code.

As for me, I'm not great at puzzles, but I do find them interesting.

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Alright folks I will let you in on a little secret. The three with the red lines around them have been solved, however, many people do not believe they were solved correctly and that is including me. The Zodiac killed by couples, so that would mean, he would most likely create two ways to solve the puzzles. The really long one has never been solved and thats the one I am working on right now. So lets see what we can get.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Could you post the "Solutions", might be some insight, or could be red herrings... might help with some solutions?

I get the feeling that the Zodiac was really intelligent, I know it's possible or even probable that he wasn't as smart as he liked to make out, but seeing as he never got caught and seemed to think he should've been...

Any thoughts on perhaps this also being some sort of map/code?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

I think it could be a map code, the solutions are above the puzzle letters. And I cannot post the solution papers (in which the actual code was broken down) because zodiackiller.com has the so called "rights" to them, but they actually don't. So I cannot copy them, but here are the links to be viewed:

SOLUTION

SOLUTION

SOLUTION

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Heres your answer.

Hi I'm a sick depraved psychopath that kills people, I made this stupid little puzzle to make myself look more important. I hope the police catch me that's why I do this. Thank you and hope and pray we don't cross paths. Signed zodiac killer.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Agreed, but due to the nature and complexity of the puzzles it seems there is a meaning to them.

Don't want to be narky, but that didn't really contribute much.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

That contributed nothing, good job on wasting 5 minutes of your life. Anyway, I have contacted some of the great minds of ATS, so hopefully, they can come and take a look at things here. Maybe they can see something. We do have some excellent puzzle solvers!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

It comes down to this. The guy (or people) were deranged. I don't think that your going to derive much meaning from some cypher that was left by someone claiming to be a killer.

If it was him at all.

If it was, its obviously an attempt to get caught, oftentimes serial killers want to be caught by the police because they cannot help themselves.

The puzzle is distraction. It's a waste of brainpower. Really, look at who supposedly made it. A serial killer. I think that a person that obviously isn't right in the head might not have made a coherent puzzle to begin with. This is apparent by the last line in the unfinished cipher. Its just random junk.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
OMG

When I was in highschool a bunch of us tried to figure that damned thing out. It wont go away...

I haven't a clue but I'm sure we have some very bright minds here at ATS who will crack it.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm sure they will..lol.. Hopefully, they can. I am already trying it out, just looking for similarities right now.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It'd be really good to see it, the chap that made lots of progress with it at the time was really a smart guy and I know there's plenty of them on here, with the added bonus of the internet and being able to compare notes...

I think it's do-able.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Its definately do able! I just hope they have the time and they have the motivation to do so. They would be forever inshrined in greatness and probably interviews..lol

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
hmmmm...well...with solving it two ways my guess would be maybe it says sometihng different mirror imaged.

almost all of the symbols have a mirror image opposite.

i think the letter N is the only that doesnt have one. (that ive seen)
maybe thats somewhere to go with it?
all the ones that are the same forward and backwards (like the zodiac crossed circle) would remain the same letter in this method.

if that doesnt make any sense...

EXAMPLE

K=s
mirror image K= I

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

Thats awesome, I will begin to do that. Lets see what we get with that.
Awesome suggestion.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
this should make everything easier

www.zodiologists.com...

[edit on 27-6-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Wow that is actually pretty damn awesome. Where did you find that? Excellent digging!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Great thread. I am no good at solving puzzles, but i will keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone solves them correctly. Good luck to all that try

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

i found that here
www.zodiologists.com...

i kind of feel stupid. in the other thread the extra letters bothered me.

apparently those first 3 ciphers combine to make on giant message.

they need a smiley of someone punching themselves in the head. lol

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

lol, thats funny. That website seems pretty good. Here I will help you:

:bash: :bnghd:

Now back on subject:

Anyway..lol, I think that if I can solve the Cipher, I will be done in about a week. That seems pretty good.

[edit on Jun 27th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
this seems QUITE interesting if it is indeed true.

EBEORIETEMETHHPITI

those are the last letters in the 3 ciphers that is unsolved

this gives and explanation
www.zodiologists.com...

quick summary:

EBE

E.B.E.; religious acronym for ‘Everybody Become Enlightened’

ORIETEM

(AD) ORIETEM; the direction of religious mass celebrants facing a central place of revelation, the sun, the Lord

ETTHP

ETHHP; ancient word from Sahidic Bible texts of 1 Corinthians 2:7 and Revelation 2:17, meaning “having been hidden”

ITI

ITI; Sanskrit word to indicate the end of direct speech or writing

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join