It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You a Ghost !!! ??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I mean, I'm a Descartian philosopher so I don't really believe anything outside my mind is real anyway.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Vasilis Azoth]

I'm real. Just ask my mum.

Sriosuly.

Prove it.

Vas

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

.... It feels so real doesn't it ??? But it has to.

... I know this topic is kind of shrugged off, people ask themselves " am I a ghost ? of course not, I have two kids, .... or I'm able to interact with people .......
Yet when you are dreaming, ..... how often do you realize its a dream ?? no matter how far fetched it may be ?? .... it just goes to show you .... you accept whatever reality presented before you to be ...... real ?

.... my goal here is simply to spark idea's. thoughts, feelings. To set mind's on different tangent's, .... opening minds to greater perspectives, ... to help discover the machinery that is the universe, and ultimately, ourselves.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
reply to post by badmedia

..... have we been missing the clue's all along ???
row, row, row your boat .....
gently down the stream .....
merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ....
life is but .....a ......... dream ?

Meet bill hicks if you haven't already. Best "comedian" to ever live. In quotes because he was much more than just a comedian.

Full 1 hour show here:

Google Video Link

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
If what we perceive of as life were an alborate computer simulation, or a type of matrix, no, we would not know, unless maybe we "died" and woke to another reality, but that too could be just another level of the matrix.

I do think life is actually like that in a way, and what we percieve all around us, is simply a neccessary "infrastructure" or an illusion of sorts, who's design is made real to serve some sort of purpose, like a game, a learning game, where nothing is forgotten, and it will just keep on running until there is absolutely nothing left to learn or no more fun to be had, and then a new game will be created based on the sum total of what was learned from this game.

I've been using that view to do thought experiments, it is actually very comfortable believing you're walking in some ancient computer with the knowledge there is a facility beyond it or some sort of spaceship perhaps and beyond the spaceship there is the formless and shapeless reality which you shouldn't go to mentally. Basically your Spirit would lose all cohesion if you go outside of the simulation and of the spaceship, but inside the computer simulation things are cozy and nice.

From playing computer games I have learned that an avatar, the virtual representation of a player can be anything, all movements are preprogrammed. Now imagine our physical bodies are but avatars representing our astral selves. The physical body has been made in such a way that spirit truly believes it is "in there", like one of those military flight simulators (like this one: link).

Now suppose this cockpit is not attached to a floor with bolts and subject to the pulling force of gravity but in a space without gravity, like it is hovering inside a very large cube and is attached to each side. Looking further there is an infrastructure of cubes, not connected to eachother but within huge frameworks surrounding the cubes.

Inside such a cube there isn't anything solid or with substance but only a pure Spirit, like a cloud of consiousness inside a mental frame (our thoughts and ideas we formed in our lifetime) and there are 2 screens next to each other, on one side only. Or maybe a helmet with screens projecting directly on our eyes.

Then there is sound, there are sensations like touch, smell. All these signals interact with Spirit and the reactions are experienced like emotions. My physical avatar walks down the street and the machine surrounding my spirit creates a perfect movie in real-time accompanied with full surround audio, when I listen to my feet only I expect to hear the sound of my shoe on the pavement. When I move like that with my physical body, the simulator cube moves in such a way spirit is convinced it is actually experiencing existence from inside the body rather than experiencing a virtual world through an avatar inside a simulation cube.

Not possible because of existential limits? I am convinced I have had dreams where I perceived sound, smell, vision, feelings all the things I perceive in waking state, so how is that possible if they are dependent on the physical? If I can experience it while dreaming it would suggest the senses can exist without the physical body, there would need to be something connecting our nonphysical body with our physical body or in other words the nonphysical spirit would need a computer to login to this physical universe.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hominini have been astrally projecting since we evolved to sentient high order primates imo.

And i somehow doubt we'd be who we are today without astral projection, of which there are several different forms of, dreaming just being one which some can achieve this state of non corporeal awareness.

The trick is retaining extra corporeal experience, most people who fly during sleep naturally either do not remember or lose the memory pattern very quickly on waking, committing it or writing it down is one way to keep recall and refocus the patterning to the conscious mind.

Atropine's along with other psycho-botanical alkaloids afford us this in our traditional flying potions and any decent hallucinogen can also give those who have developed themselves, access to astral travel, others simply perceive this plane differently through psychic attenuation if use of the same hallucinogens are used without such purpose, but many will use them to set themselves free which is an in other words for astral projection.

We've been doing this sort of thing for millennia, and sometimes those energies when passing from the corporeal self upon it's death state can get trapped on this plane, aka, ghosts.

With me, it's more than a matter of faith, we are every bit as much an energy life-form as physical and as physics tells us, energy is not destroyed, it merely converts.

Our corporeal self is in a state of temporal lock in time-space-time, it cannot transcend this narrow plane of existence without some technological means, what is our spirit, has no temporal lock and can transcend time-space-time in my opinion and it too can navigate to the higher levels of dimensionality with hard work and training.

It is something one requires learning about above anything sleep associated or deep meditative, i'm not saying go drop loads of Acid and go project, it's not as simple as that by any means, some are naturals, some need to learn slowly and properly in order to keep sanity and also to keep a lock in this plane when flying, you lose the lock you are essentially dead on this plane so it is with risk people practise substance assisted astral projection.

But it has been an occult art for a long long time and less occult in the past hundred years or so having been made taboo for a long time by dominant religions, pagans and astrotheosophists etc don't tend to listen to that though, so the practise is alive and well in many pagan creed.

Yes, we are spirits/ghosts every bit as much as physical people, synergetic organisms.

But i know just as many believe similar to myself, just as many regard it as tosh and as many again think such things evil etc.

This is my opinion and beliefs, respect mine and i will respect yours.

Blessed be.

Paxus.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by DeltaPan]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I also had another experience which helped open my views on perspective.
..... This time it came in a dream. A dream of things to come, ... it was one of those vivid dreams, the kind you can't shake. Taking place in some distant, but not unrecognizable future.
.... Computer technology, and the internet have exploded, each house has what I would call, a central processing unit ..... all computers, tv's, even the air conditioning are run off of it.
... I was able to get online in this future, .... but as they call it " jack in" ... where your mind is connected to your computer directly, I dont mean a helmet you put on your head, .... I mean, its like your mind is inserted directly. Searching for things becomes as easy as thinking of it, information is processed at lightning speeds.
... the internet became a.... city of sorts, or the part I was in anyway. You can either present yourself, ... as a full rendition of the way you look, .... create a custom avatar, .... or even take the identity of your favorite celebrity .... like downloading a ringtone or something.
... everything seems real, in the traditional sense, ... however it's a little exagerated, ..... you can jump off buildings, go through walls, .. etc.
.... The most interesting thing about this trip was shopping. ..... I thought of a store, ... immediately shot there. Looked around, .... I saw a sweater I liked, ... so tried it on. Which is simply thinking about trying it on. .... Peoples online signature must contain vital infomation, like measurement size and payment info .... because it was rendered on my body in a second, .... and when I decided to buy it ... it wasn't even verbal, ... it was simply a thought.
... The cool thing is ... when I got home and jacked out, ..... my sweater was already home ..... on some kind of circular device. As if created out of thin air ..... like the machine was able to read, and assemble anything out of stored atoms.
... or it was teleported, .... im not too sure, but I leaned towards the first.

..... Is mortality the future of entertainment ??

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

... Yeah, Bill HIcks gots it, ..... never know when your going to catch a dose of englightment, ...... clue's left everywhere, ... almost as if random, ...... but much more than that.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Do you ever get the feeling, ... that things only exist because you know they do.

or that your bed only exists when you wake up on it ???

Ever get the feeling that your holding it all together, ... your particular reality ?? .... and rooms only manifest when you enter them ??

such is quantum reality my friends.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This thread is being bumped, ...... for you.

yes, YOU. ... dont remember the accident do you ??

thats ok, we all come around in our own time,

although the clue's don't come from us, you create those as well.

it's amazing what the human mind is able to conjure up, worlds within worlds, .... it's even more amazing what the human mind is willing to beleive ......

it accepts the reality it is presented with no matter how illogical.

interesting, ...... don't you think ??

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Well, how do you know that when you die and go to the afterlife, you're not an infant there when you arrive? You see, it's a weird concept, but perhaps we all are on different dimensional levels and once we learn what we need to in this 3rd dimension we die and are "birthed" into the fourth dimension.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This is why susceptible people shouldn't be allowed to watch fictional films. They start making up stories and fantasising about their own life to match said films.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FAQAmerica

No one is fantasizing or making up stories here my friend, don't read too deeply into things, unless their nutrition labels.

"Speaker" .... the baby idea is unique, .... I always thought the afterlife was comparable to waking up from a dream. We don't know were dreaming, everything within it seems so real, yet when we wake up everything about our lives comes back to us, .... and we live to dream again.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I never thought of looking at the afterlife like that. You're right though, it would make sense for it to feel like waking up from a dream.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I know it's not common to see movie clips here,
but this is a topic between fact and fiction, between perception and reality
food for thought, enjoy please.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A small bump.

For those of you who also wonder.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join