It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The largest tax increase in American history under the guise of climate change has passed.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by longstalker

More BS to be enforced upon us while the rest of the world laugh at Global warming

No, the rest of the world is taking global warming seriously. It is only you selfish Americans who don't care about the future of the world.

Ever heard about Kyoto treaty? I bet you haven't. Your country was the one fighting against it.

You are a misinformed and selfish nation. This bill is the best thing you have done in decades.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Etsivä Romppainen: I'm sorry. I don't think I understood you. Did you just say that you want to be my NWO overlord???
Good luck with that. I guess you can be on my list for one of the overlords to take care of.
Also...
I think that most of us here on ATS that followed the global warming nonsense saw this coming. What a bunch of drek!! Show me some REAL proof that global warming is casued by HUMAN carbon emissions and than I won't think you are an idiot. And I don't hear you saying anything about the biggest carbon emiters in the world. Here is a hint.... it is not America.

It is time to find a nice chunk of land and go off the grid. Totally off the grid.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by -Reason-]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Etsivä Romppainen

I believe China, India, and many countries is south america are larger polluters than the US...at least you can swim in our lakes and rivers and usually eat the fish...ever see the rivers in china run red with chemicals and trash?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Its so terrible to contribute to society isn't it. This thread will be mostly rants of American's wanting to be greedy and selfish again and not contribute. Their right to have a car and pollute but not be accountable is in their DNA it seems.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by zorkthegreat]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Love how I, as an American, am painted as selfish, because I am intelligent enough to know that man made Global Warming is myth based on bad science.

Do some research. Anthony Watts site was voted best science blog of 2008 and it has more information than most of the uninformed global warming crowd will ever bother to read.

I am ashamed of the corruption in my government.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fullblast
Love how I, as an American, am painted as selfish, because I am intelligent enough to know that man made Global Warming is myth based on bad science.

Do some research. Anthony Watts site was voted best science blog of 2008 and it has more information than most of the uninformed global warming crowd will ever bother to read.

Regardless of the cause there is the usual push back by American's when they have to contribute to something. Usually it is a case of do as you say but not as you do. You cannot lead by example. You cannot contribute to the UN you demand a veto in everything you demand that we do this or that for our finances which has nothing to do with you. You demand you have control of our intelligence services you demand you have military bases in our countries but we dare not demand the same thing in return.

Go out and look as to why American's are hated the world over. Two faced, greedy, selfish, demanding and do not contribute anything to the rest of the world except suffering and demands.

Go back to your own country and be American, don't do it in ours.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link to the bill, or where it says it will raise taxes on utilities?

Sorry for the one line, but I hear alot of fearmongering and I'm wondering if its justified.

No I am not a dis-info agent, just want to know the details. That's what we should be discussing.

Cheers,

Camain

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Blah Blah...

Just because Americans don't want their money stolen because of a bunch of nonsense dosen't mean we are selfish. Get a grip. I don't know another country in the world that gives more to the world than the USA.

Has your country given 100 billion dollars to the crooks known as the IMF?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
With such a narrow win in the House, I really don't see this passing in the Senate without a few political suicides. I agree that this will be a sad day in American History.. but I still have hope that this couldn't pass in the Senate.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorkthegreat

Originally posted by Fullblast

Regardless of the cause there is the usual push back by American's when they have to contribute to something. Usually it is a case of do as you say but not as you do. You cannot lead by example. You cannot contribute to the UN you demand a veto in everything you demand that we do this or that for our finances which has nothing to do with you. You demand you have control of our intelligence services you demand you have military bases in our countries but we dare not demand the same thing in return.

Go out and look as to why American's are hated the world over. Two faced, greedy, selfish, demanding and do not contribute anything to the rest of the world except suffering and demands.

Go back to your own country and be American, don't do it in ours.

I would love nothing more than for America to start concentrating on ourselves.

We are not appreciated for what we have done, and we will always be painted as the bad guys.

Let the world get by without us for a while. See how that shakes out for everyone.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Fullblast]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by camain

www.govtrack.us...

Full text of bill line..

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This will be coming to Britain imminently, anyone know when this will hit our shores? When it does, they are getting told to F off, I don't believe in it, so I'm damn sure not going to pay for it.

I'm not sure how they are going to apply this tax though, most taxes in Britain get taken out before it goes into your bank, so we really have no say. I will do everything I can to fight this though!

EMM

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
There is no resistance because we are in a world within a world. In our dead internet we are the knowing, and they the ignorant. We must therefore export the knowing to the outside world

Can't do that.
Knowledge is in abundance, only things that are scarce can be sold

The thing with knowledge is that it does not affect, it disaffects.

People only buy what affects them, and that is ignorance.

As for the new Bill - the destruction of America, and the rest of the world as well, is accelerating.

Together with mandatory voluntary communal service.

It seems that the idea of "efficiency" prevails. The PTB view Nazi Germany as a very efficient society.

Efficiency equals "beautiful", because it appeals to the sense of free movement of energy through the system. Beautiful, like man or woman, or a machine, are at least a "promise" of efficiency. This "promise" is as powerful as the efficiency itself. One doesn't have to move beyond promises at all. I'm sure Obama knows that

The history is being repeated in front of our eyes. But those who are repeating it fail to see how it all ended.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The sad part is global cooling is set to start next year and they will all claim it is because of them and the strides they took to avoid the global warming phenomena.

We need to start seeing if we can correlate the total amount of the sun covered by sun spots and the amount of temperature change of an area that is exposed to that part of the sun at the same time and same spot everyday instead of randomly placing thermometers under tin roofs and over freshly laid asphalt every day for the figures.

If anything mark my words, we are at the end of the warming cycle this year and next year if proper research is done instead of touting hearsay and quoting figures from scientists who have been fired for manipulating results there will be a cool down for a little less than a decade. This will become obviously apparent to everyone by the year 2012. Of course these crack pots will claim it's because of what humanity did when in actuality is is not, if anything what we are doing will give us a better chance to enter an ice age than avoid some global warming trend.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Etsivä Romppainen

More BS to be enforced upon us while the rest of the world laugh at Global warming

No, the rest of the world is taking global warming seriously. It is only you selfish Americans who don't care about the future of the world.

Ever heard about Kyoto treaty? I bet you haven't. Your country was the one fighting against it.

You are a misinformed and selfish nation. This bill is the best thing you have done in decades.

I suppose the Earth only likes the pollution we pay for.

Putz...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Etsivä Romppainen

Wow, I've got to ask, why are you all for this Bill? Hoping we can stuff the hole in the Ozone with dollar bills? You seem to think that this Bill is designed to save the planet, how on Earth is it going to do that? Do some reading on the cap and trade concept of how they 'save the planet'. All the small people get bled dry, houseowners, small business owners, you and me...DRY.

The big companies on the other hand, get to trade around there 'carbon credits' to avoid paying the price, so, are we really trying to save the world? Or line our pockets?!?

EMM

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious
The sad part is global cooling is set to start next year and they will all claim it is because of them and the strides they took to avoid the global warming phenomena.

We need to start seeing if we can correlate the total amount of the sun covered by sun spots and the amount of temperature change of an area that is exposed to that part of the sun at the same time and same spot everyday instead of randomly placing thermometers under tin roofs and over freshly laid asphalt every day for the figures.

If anything mark my words, we are at the end of the warming cycle this year and next year if proper research is done instead of touting hearsay and quoting figures from scientists who have been fired for manipulating results there will be a cool down for a little less than a decade. This will become obviously apparent to everyone by the year 2012. Of course these crack pots will claim it's because of what humanity did when in actuality is is not, if anything what we are doing will give us a better chance to enter an ice age than avoid some global warming trend.

It has already started.

Artic temperature is still not above freezing. The latest in 50 years. In fact our earth has cooled for the last three years despite the fact that carbon emission globally only increase every year.

The truth is that man made carbon emissions are insignificant on a global scale. The earth heats and cools due to far more powerful forces than man.

You want to be innovative and find alternatives to oil. Fine, I would love that, but force a tax on an already strained economy and tell me it is for the good of the globe. That is just absurd.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
People can barely afford their utility bills now. I know people who are wearing sweats and sweaters in their homes in the winter as it stands. Guess it's time to buy a nice indoor coat.

S&F

Just go on welfare and food stamps. That way the govt. pays for it's own tax increase. This is already happening.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by total newbie

Originally posted by Sundancer
People can barely afford their utility bills now. I know people who are wearing sweats and sweaters in their homes in the winter as it stands. Guess it's time to buy a nice indoor coat.

S&F

Just go on welfare and food stamps. That way the govt. pays for it's own tax increase. This is already happening.

Wrong wrong wrong.
That is not the government paying for it. That is some other American working and paying taxes paying for it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join