It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes climate-change bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

House passes climate-change bill

www.politico.com

The House of Representatives passed a sweeping climate-change bill Friday – a major victory for President Barack Obama and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi that left Republicans fuming about a “national energy tax” they said would exacerbate the nation’s economic woes.

The vote was extremely close – 219-212, with eight Republicans voting yes and 44 Democrats voting no. And the debate leading up to it was intense.

In the hours before passage, Rep. Geoff Davis, a Republican from Kentucky, said the cap-and-trade bill represented the “economic colonization of the heartland” by New Yo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This is the final nail in the coffin for the US economy.
The next 3 generations will be spending a huge portion of their disposable income on energy costs. Jobs will be lost, not gained, as Obama and Pelosi claimed, and more companies will now exit the US for countries that do not have cap and trade laws.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There goes the ball game. Let me see, Obama has been in office since 20 Jan, and he's managed to pretty much destroy the economy of the US in that short period of time.

Obama the worse President in US history? I think he's shaping up to be just that. Probably be the last one in our history, too, since there won't be a US to be president of after he's finished with us.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Mods- You can close my thread. I yield the subject to AgentNineteen's thread.

mod edit to add link to other thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-6-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join