It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes Pelosi's climate change bill

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the US people who are going to get bankrupt over this , they have to pay a whole of a hack more money due to this bill. And it will not even be a real sollution. Instead of invest in new powerlines and new nuclear powerplants and try to get fusion a reality. They are going to let people pay more for energy instead of making energy more abondend and free. energy is a prime necassety for us nowadays so paying lots of money for it is a crime just as not giving people food at high prices due to biofuels.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Here is a newly elected Republican who won Dollar Bill Jeffersons old district (the Democrat who hid the money in his freezer), he was bribed by Obama himself to vote for this travesty. It didn't work!

www.thedeadpelican.com...

The Obama Administration tried to pressure Louisiana Congressman Joseph Cao into supporting "Cap-and-Trade" legislation, THE DEAD PELICAN has learned.
Sources tell THE DEAD PELICAN that Obama personally called the freshman congressman to ask for his support of controversial legislation that will place a tax on carbon emissions!

Sources tell THE DEAD PELICAN that Obama (the Democrat) promised to assist Cao (the Republican) in his re-election in return for his vote!

Well-placed insiders tell THE DEAD PELICAN that Congressman Cao has refused Obama's offer and intends to vote in the interest of Louisiana by voting "no."

A well-placed source said "Apparently representative Cao places his constituents' interests above his own, which is a change from the former district Representative- 'Dollar Bill Jefferson!'"

Thumbs up to Representative Cao!

I wonder how many of the 8 traitors fell for this?

[edit on 27-6-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mrpotatohead

The majority of Congressmen are part of the "program". they have been bought and paid for by the powers that be.

I don't have a better explaination.

canadafreepress.com...

This says the volume of calls placed on Friday to the US Capitol switchboard and our Congressional Reps were full. 10-1 against.

And who are a few who WILL benefit—at the cost of further destroying the USA? One of these is the patently corrupt and powerful Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) who has invested between $50,000-$100,000 in T. Boone Picken’s Clean Energy Fuels. Additionally, in a clear spirit of conflict of interest, Pelosi also supported California’s Prop 10 that “gives thousands of dollars in rebates to natural gas vehicle buyers, as well as spending on R&D, and supposedly cost California $9.8 billion over 30 years.” Then there’s Rep. Edward Markey (D-MA) who cosponsored the Cap and Trade bill with Henry Waxman (D-CA). Markey has invested between $51,000 and $115,000 in the “alternative energy” company Firsthand Technology Value Fund. And if Cap and Trade passes the US Senate, Al Gore’s multiple and far-reaching investments in “alternative energies” will make him a Billionaire. These are only a few of the corrupt politicos making money on the backs of the workers—that’s us, folks. They will raise our taxes to pay for their folly—and their mushrooming wealth.

So, here is reality. Cap and Trade is about money and power for the US’ now-ruling elite; a power elite class that has Dictator Obama-the-Usurper at the helm of a fast-sinking US ship. If passed by the Senate, Cap and Trade will remove our rights as US citizens to even have the ability to set our own thermostats. Obama appointee Rosa Brooks (who also worked for George Soros) wants each and every home in the US to have mandatory “smart meters” which can and will have the federal government regulating energy usage. And with the passage of Cap and Trade, you will soon pay through the nose for all of your energy needs. Obama and his feds will have officially entered and begun control of you and what you are allowed to do in your own homes. Don’t forget that ObamaCare is next. If this one passes, Obama and his thugs will control our bodies—they will soon no longer belong to us but to Obama and the collective.

We have now reached the time for Nationwide Protests against a government that no longer works for us but is now almost fully positioned to move against us. If we do not affect them now, there will never be a time in the future that we can do so. It will not be long before Obama will have his private police force (on Google look up the GIVE Act and AmeriCorps) in place. If we do not take National Days of Protest against this increasingly tyrannical government now, we will not be able to do so in the future. I would suggest we begin locally by contacting the people who planned and implemented that April Tea Parties. They have access to the National Tea Party coordinators. If we don’t act now, our country, our jobs, any freedoms

[edit on 113030p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

This Bill passed by ONLY 7 VOTES! Guess what, EIGHT Republicans voted for it, so THEY made the difference today in its actual passage. I cannot believe these sell out politicians, ESPECIALLY the worst of the worst, the sell out Republican crew.

These traitors are RINOS. Republicans In Name Only. There are no words to express my contempt for those who voted for this bill, since 77% of the American people did not want this passed.

Notify your Senators about how you feel about his. Notify every Senator how you feel. It is still possible to stop this.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
oh no those evil democrats voted for something AGAIN! How dare they vote for something that isn't bombing the hell out of a third world country!

Quick the sky is falling the sky is falling the legislative branch voted for something that doesn't cause people to die horribly! Quick lets tell everyone that the end is nigh because democrats passed a bill that doesn't involve war! Good god how dare they do such a horrid thing, every single bill the democratic party spews out of their vile vicious cabal will end democracy and life on Earth!

OH NOES!

/sarcasm

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Two identical threads at the same time!

I'll just cut and paste my comments here, too.

There goes the ball game. Let me see, Obama has been in office since 20 Jan, and he's managed to pretty much destroy the economy of the US in that short period of time.

Obama the worse President in US history? I think he's shaping up to be just that. Probably be the last one in our history, too, since there won't be a US to be president of after he's finished with us.

I fellyou hit the nail on the head here...last American president

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Here are the 8 Republicans that voted FOR the bill:

Bono Mack (CA) 202-225-5330
Castle (DE) 202-225-4165
Kirk (IL) 202-225-4835
Lance (NJ) 202-225-5361
Lobiondo (NJ) 202-225-6572
McHugh (NY) 202-225-4611
Reichart (WA) 202-225-7761
Chris Smith (NJ) 202-225-3765

Can you spell treason?

Everyone in the United States needs to call their offices and tell them their political carreers are DONE! And then, even thought you live in another state, actively campaign against them. Contact your local Republican committee and tell them you want to get involved, if for no other reason, to through these guys out!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
oh no those evil democrats voted for something AGAIN! How dare they vote for something that isn't bombing the hell out of a third world country!

Quick the sky is falling the sky is falling the legislative branch voted for something that doesn't cause people to die horribly! Quick lets tell everyone that the end is nigh because democrats passed a bill that doesn't involve war! Good god how dare they do such a horrid thing, every single bill the democratic party spews out of their vile vicious cabal will end democracy and life on Earth!

OH NOES!

/sarcasm

Have you even been paying attention to the meat of the bill they have passed? You are worried about bombing people to death.What about a bill that could starve people to death,or force them on to the streets,to die of exposure. The possibility of hundreds of thousands of people put out of work,without the ability to support their families.That's a greater tragedy than dropping a bomb. At least a bomb blast would be quick!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
You see, Obama has a gift, he takes congressmen or Reps. in to his back room and gives them an offer they cannot refuse, one congressman said he didn't go to the party because he didn't want to be dragged into the back room for a private talk with Obama.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
Have you even been paying attention to the meat of the bill they have passed?

Does it matter? I am sure that you will pull out one or two lines from the bill to prove how evil this bill is and how it will end America as a country. I am sure that through some tortured twisted logic that you will concoct how the passage of this bill into law will force everyone to die a horrid painful death at the hands of evil corrupt democrat slave owners.

It boils down to no matter what they try and do, it's always misrepresented as the end of times and the end of the world to the right wingers on this board.

If they increase education spending it's enslavement and communism.

If they attempt to help the environment it's death to industry.

It doesn't matter. If they do anything but increase defense spending it's evil to right wingers and will cause the destruction of America.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm at a loss for words anymore. This man has somhow managed to destory a nation in just a few short months. God only knows what our country, our world, will be like after 3+ more years of this man being in office.

My heart breaks, but I dare not speak out, I'll be labeled a "domestic terrorist" & "detained indefinitely" for the "safety of the country." It's a sad day when a citizen of The United States fears speaking out against their government, a right our constitution supposedly protects.

Now I have to go figure out how my family will stay afloat in an economy where hard work is rewarded with the government taking your money to give it to others.

I'm sorry Obama, but my wallet is not yours to plunder everytime you want to make your friends filthy rich.

Oh screw it, IMO, Obama is a corrupt SOB & he should be removed from office under the rights afforded to the American people while we can still actually do it.

BTW, to those talking about cow gas, the good old state of NY was actually considering a law that would charge tax on farmers for this very thing. I thought it was a joke at first, but nope, they really went there.

[edit on 27/6/2009 by lynn112]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112
I'm at a loss for words anymore.

Apparently not.

This man has somhow managed to destory a nation in just a few short months. God only knows what our country, our world, will be like after 3+ more years of this man being in office.

I mean with the total destruction, flames, famine, hell on Earth that it is now. It's hard to imagine how your able to post on the internet. I mean with the lack of power and those roving gangs of liberals clawing at your door asking for change and all.

My heart breaks, but I dare not speak out, I'll be labeled a "domestic terrorist" & "detained indefinitely" for the "safety of the country." It's a sad day when a citizen of The United States fears speaking out against their government, a right our constitution supposedly protects.

Yep, man those human FEMA cars are just filling up aren't they? You say your afraid to speak out, yet here you are.

Now I have to go figure out how my family will stay afloat in an economy where hard work is rewarded with the government taking your money to give it to others.

Yea that charity and good will toward others bull [snip] so overrated right?

I'm sorry Obama, but my wallet is not yours to plunder everytime you want to make your friends filthy rich.

Hey, look at the bright side of things, if they get nice and rich they won't want to give it all away and Obama's buddies will make him pass more republican like measures so that they (and therefore you) can keep more of their money.

Oh screw, IMO, Obama is a corrupt SOB & he should be removed from office under the rights afforded to the American people while we can still actually do it.

Perhaps pitchforks and torches?

BTW, to those talking about cow gas, the good old state of NY was actually considering a law that would charge tax on farmers for this very thing. I thought it was a joke at first, but nope, they really went there.

Yep I thought I smelled BS in this thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Here is a newly elected Republican who won Dollar Bill Jeffersons old district (the Democrat who hid the money in his freezer), he was bribed by Obama himself to vote for this travesty. It didn't work!

www.thedeadpelican.com...

The Obama Administration tried to pressure Louisiana Congressman Joseph Cao into supporting "Cap-and-Trade" legislation, THE DEAD PELICAN has learned.
Sources tell THE DEAD PELICAN that Obama personally called the freshman congressman to ask for his support of controversial legislation that will place a tax on carbon emissions!

Sources tell THE DEAD PELICAN that Obama (the Democrat) promised to assist Cao (the Republican) in his re-election in return for his vote!

Well-placed insiders tell THE DEAD PELICAN that Congressman Cao has refused Obama's offer and intends to vote in the interest of Louisiana by voting "no."

A well-placed source said "Apparently representative Cao places his constituents' interests above his own, which is a change from the former district Representative- 'Dollar Bill Jefferson!'"

Thumbs up to Representative Cao!

I wonder how many of the 8 traitors fell for this?

[edit on 27-6-2009 by RRconservative]

Wow!

Watch for an "accident" to befall Congressman Cao.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

People like you are part of the problem it is apparently OK with you that congress passed a bill they hadn't read. Its OK with you that this bill will increase family expenditures by thousands of dollars per year.Its OK that unemployment is at its highest in decades and they pass a bill that will cut American jobs increasing unemployment. And apparently its OK with you for farmers to be taxes for cow emitting co2! And what was all this for a decrease in global temperature of less then half a degree by 2035. Want to lower co2 easy plant trees!

Co2 is in no way harmful to the environment it was here before us and will be here after us. in fact currently this is not the highest co2 levels according to polar ice core studies. But people like you have been so frightened by were destroying the world hype you haven't even bother to consider the only way to stop co2 emissions is for the earth to become a dead planet with no life!

Im sure that would help do you value the existance of life so little that you think one of the processes of life expelling co2 should be stopped. If so please start holding your breath now and let us know how that goes OK.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

OH NOES!

/sarcasm

You know smartypants, this bill will spark a war.....a war that's civil...

if you catch my drift.

I think it's time to fight.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Obamas plan was to crash and kill america. He never officially showed his birth record. This is a very compliicated and succesful terrorist plot. You cant accidently take down a country. This was Adolf Obama's plan.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

You are the only liberal that has shown up in this thread in 6 pages, and you don't defend the bill, you just attack people and paint a certain segment of the population with a broad brush.

Either way, I hope you like red, because this bill destroys America this puts us head first into some kind of strange hybrid of communism and fascism. But to you that is okay because the Liberals passed it. Good job there at ruining your credibility.

Oh some other things, I hope you don't like vegetables and fruits, the cost of those are going to sky rocket, hope you don't eat meat, because the price of meat is going to sky rocket. I hope you don't like being warm in the winter because energy cost is going to skyrocket, I hope you don't like your job because you will probably lose it.

And no all this is what has happened in other countries that passed cap and trade. There is no telling what else is hidden in this bill.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
obama launched this innovative crime and fine tax from the framework built by both parties over many years. the legislative machinery has become especially good at separating money from taxpayers and funneling it into special interest pockets while pretending to serve noble ends.

obama was educated in the art of the deal to get the votes needed by the chicago political machine, and he is a master at it. flatter and agree, promise goodies for unions, and he can get anybody to agree to anything pretty much, especially with rahm gladhanding at his side.

it would have been sensible for republicans to vote against this, but only if they wanted to distinguish themselves from the greed that reigns in congress. unfortunately they are all the same. i don't mean to say there are no honest people in washington. statistically, there must be.

i do think we are in big trouble, heaped on the trouble that's been piling up for years.

i'm a little surprised that there hasn't been more fuss in the press about the total lack of transparency in the bill being read by those voting on it. this happened with that first stimulus bill so i guess once the precedent is set why not do it again.

too bad none of this will affect climate change, or do we even know if it should since the earth has been heating up and cooling down throughout its existence, and at the moment it would appear that the sun is heating up all the planets in our solar system so i'd be surprised if a crime and fine bill will affect the sun much.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This is just one more act in the play. We are in the process of witnessing the biggest queue-de-ta in American history. The truly sad thing is that the average American has no idea what’s going on, nor do they care until it comes around and hits them in the ass, by then its way to late. Look at what’s being done in congress and the senate. They are righting these bills in the cover of darkness. Then releasing the legal wording (hundreds of pages long) just hours before they are to be voted on. No one knows what’s in these bills they vote for except the PTB, now that is scary.
The only way out of this mess I’m afraid is for the state governors to take back control of there states through a constitutional convention.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
There is no telling what else is hidden in this bill.

i don't know why this didn't occur to me before. i was so fired up about nobody bothering to read it before passing it that i forgot about content.

what needs 1500 pages to say? not the basics of this bill. it must spell out who receives dispensations and who receives pieces of the fines collected. and undoubtedly a bunch of other stuff.

yesterday there was only one printed bill on the floor of the house during the vote. the only other way to access it was on the internet which required leaving the floor. but what about us? has anybody read through it yet? what else IS in there?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join