It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes Pelosi's climate change bill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
They will find a way to tax the tax...
This is the working draft of the Report of the Commission of Experts
of the President of the United Nations General Assembly on
Reforms of the International Monetary and Financial System U.N. www.un.org...

91 instances of the mention of tax, taxes, taxation. You will understand tax... Global Warming = Global Taxes!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
And that my friends is how you support big government covertly. It’s a sad sad day!!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
its pelosi's bill.... thats why it makes no sense. I was thinking obama would not make a bill that stupid but he can totally support one that stupid. I feel better now.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
11 Republicans voted yes for this bill.

There's the deciding factor.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Didn't they say to get the votes for it to pass that they had to give stuff(be it special interests,pork what not) to some of the congressmen to get them to vote yes .That is what gets me so mad say what you will they were legally bribed to vote yes.What ever happened to serving the public and having there interests at heart.I just hope everone who voted yes to it in the house and votes yes to it in the senate will loose in there reelection campaigns.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The Republicans are reaping what they have sowed to the detriment of all Americans. Their past irresponsibility has led to a total Democrat takeover of the government. Since 20 JAN 09 the Federal government has taken over the financial, insurance, and auto manufacturing industries, driven this country into unspeakable debt, and with this bill will now control every aspect of life in this country.

"We won." An arrogant dismissal of the 47% of Americans that voted against this government. Heaven help us all.

I was going to call my Representative to urge him to vote against this bill, but his web site states "As we face possibly the greatest threat to the planet - global warming - the science has spoken, and the debate is over.", so I think it's safe to say his mind is closed on the matter.

"The debate is over"...really. Don't bother giving me your opinion. I have enough Union and minority votes in my gerrymandered district that I don't have to care what you think, so I don't care about or need your vote...FU.

I hate living in CT.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Was there any funding included for this one:

Gaucher's disease. Is it a 'real' disease or something else?

Gaucher's according to wiki

I wonder if the average ATSer would find something strange about the links above? If they were to dig a little, what may they find?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Let's see.

Humans breath oxygen and produce CO2.

Plants produce oxygen by breathing CO2 and getting the energy to produce this oxygen by ``eating`` the sun light energy and drinking water.

We're an ecosystem.

CUT CO2 and you'll cut production of oxygen...therefore cutting the numbers of humans being able to live because plants will die, produce less food and produce less oxygen.

Tax CO2, you tax THE part of the system that producing oxygen.

An example.

A factory (plant) produce cars. (oxygen) Those cars are made with aluminium. (CO2). You put a tax on aluminium. (CO2) The price to produce cars (oxygen) goes up. (oxygen) Therefore, a tax on aluminium (CO2) is a tax on cars. (oxygen)

This is outrageous.

A tax on CO2 is a tax on oxygen, a tax on life. Totally anti-human, eugenics.

But this is not all.

They talked about doing CHEMTRAILS to block sun light to curb global warming. The car factory (plant) is affected again. The car factory needs power (sun) to produce cars. (oxygen) Block the sun, you stop the power at the factory.

So they want to block the sun and the CO2... crushing the oxygen production on all fronts except water... for now.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I thought I would post a possible antidote if they get cap and trade past the Senate.

en.wikipedia.org...'_Loan_%26_Trust_Co.

In 1895 the 1894 income tax act was repealed because the courts ruled that it was an unconstitutional direct tax. This ruling was the reason for the 16th amendment.

However for the government there is a problem. The 16th amendment only works with income taxes. A carbon tax is not a income tax. It is a property tax. Which is the direct tax that killed the 1894 income tax in the first place. And what was the terrible thing that killed the income tax? A tax on the produce of your land. So to kill cap and trade just show you own (or have an interest in) the coal mines and oil wells that produce your energy and carbon.

And that is how you kill a carbon tax in the US.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by ntech]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I thought he was going have transparency and show bills online for all to see? I thought he wasn't going to tax the middle class?

The elite will have the money to pay for energy and tobacco, the rest of us are taxed again and again...

"all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others..."

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I give a huge applause to the 43 Democrats that voted against this bill!

As for the 8 republicans that passed this bill I want their jobs, no wait I want them publicly shamed and then their positions revoked!

This is the bill that is designed to financially destroy the American economy!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

Well, I'm laying off the beans and franks for now on. Where can I sell my CO2 savings?

Beans and frank create Methane gas, a far more potent greenhouse gas.

Wonder why they didn't regulate that too? Cows produce it by the ton.

When they get around to taxing that, we ought to be able to make a killing selling the credits back to the govt.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Neither the climate change bill nor the health care reform bill is affordable though the PTB are well aware of this for it serves two purposes: Speed up the collapse of the economies of the world while further encRoaching on the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution with all the illegal payoffs and handouts snuck into the bills of which no one ever gets to read. Many of these add ons to the bills of which no one reads are further limitations to your rights and further permissions for the Fed govt. (international) to further encroach on what's left of those Rights.

There has always been a reason why the bills are 1000 pages long. No one has the ability, time or encouragement to read it all. Once the people understand that what they see happening before them is all by 'design' they begin to gain wisdom of the most expensive kind. The juries out as to whom will ultimately pay those bills. Audit any organization that doesn't make sense. The list is too broad to fit in this post though we know by now where to start looking; the banks and all of their international acronym organs-is Nations.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I wasn't aware of this until I got on ATS this evening, since I had turned off all the newscasts. Only so much of Michael Jackson dying over and over again that one person can stand. A celebrity death-fest over the past week or so seems to have covered up all the back room deals on MSM.

I'm composing a letter to my representative, informing him that, because of this act of treason, his job is forfeit, his services no longer required, and next election cycle he will need to find an honest job, assuming he can find an honest person that will hire him.

I'm carbon-copying my senators as well, so they know what to expect if they throw America under the bus with this.

E-mail gets there faster than snail-mail, so there will be no excuses.

[edit on 2009/6/27 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Originally posted by nenothtu
Wonder why they didn't regulate that too? Cows produce it by the ton.

There already is a provision to tax livestock for their methane emissions. It will be $1500/animal, iirc.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

This is the final nail in the coffin for the US economy.
The next 3 generations will be spending a huge portion of their disposable income on energy costs. Jobs will be lost, not gained, as Obama and Pelosi claimed, and more companies will now exit the US for countries that do not have cap and trade laws.

That's the purpose of everything done so far, to collapse the economy. Then the very extensive and complex structure of ACORN can be brought in with the Czars to "save the day". Not one shot fired and US is defeated BY ITS OWN PEOPLES VOTES! (That were stolen using ACORN registration flooding)

[edit on 27-6-2009 by tkwasny]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

So now Obama has his paws into:

Insurance

Auto

Banking

Energy

What's left? Health care.

Whats left is

FOOD

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Obama and his lemmings in Congress are just re-affirming the idea that I have been posting in different threads. The majority of Congressmen are part of the "program". they have been bought and paid for by the powers that be. if this cap and trade passes into law, this will be the last nail in the coffin of financial stability. How much more can we take.

Americans are screaming, enough is enough, and a majority of congress just keep passing laws to put us closer to a fascist state. What does it take, you Obama supporters, before you see the hand writing before your eyes??? In the short time he has been in office, Obama has totally bankrupted our country. And yes, Bush got it started, and Obama is finishing us off.

Remember folks, both Obama, and Bush play for the same team, the ruling elite. Bush was running us toward deficit spending at an all time record. Obama is finishing the job.

Ask yourself, are Obama's policy decisions really that different from Bush's---NO. You people who voted for him had the wool pulled over your eyes, I don't think this is the change anybody believes in--it's more of the same--business as usual.

Remember, our government is under the control of the PTB, powers that be. They control both sides. How could they get all this sweeping legislation pass without any real effort?? Health care is next, then food control. Reps and Dems, all the same--they are owned by the ruling elite. It explains many things when you follow the logic. just think about it. The PTB don't care who is in office as long as they control them, and they control Obama.

So bend over and get ready to take it, there's more to come.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Here are the 8 Republicans that voted FOR the bill:

Bono Mack (CA) 202-225-5330
Castle (DE) 202-225-4165
Kirk (IL) 202-225-4835
Lance (NJ) 202-225-5361
Lobiondo (NJ) 202-225-6572
McHugh (NY) 202-225-4611
Reichart (WA) 202-225-7761
Chris Smith (NJ) 202-225-3765

Can you spell treason?

I emailed each and every one. Hint: Use the zip code of their local office and make up an address like I did.....100 Global Warming Way Pelosiville, and the state they represent.

I asked them if the bones the Democrats threw them would make up for raising taxes on every one of their constituents?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join