It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama scoffs at Ahmadinejad's demand for apology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Obama scoffs at Ahmadinejad's demand for apology

www.google.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama's criticism of Iran escalated Friday into an unusually personal war of words. To Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's demand he apologize for meddling, Obama shot back that the regime should "think carefully" about answers owed to protesters it has arrested, bludgeoned and killed.
"The violence perpetrated against them is outrageous," Obama said. "We see it and we condemn it."
The president spoke at an East Room news conference capping his third set of
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Go go Obama!

The war of words are getting stronger day by day. We know the regime are relentless at such rhetoric. It seems both Kim Jong-il and Ahmadinejad went to the same poor school of diplomacy.

Obama will have to condemn the islamic regime itself soon and through the UN, as well as its actions at the rate things are heading.

German chancellor Merkel also getting stuck in, and Britain making better attempts at condemnation.

The G8's comments weren't.... the Russian's do not want to make strong condemnations, so to show solidarity the joint statement seems watered down.

This war of words is escalating pretty fast, and this will only lead to Iran becoming isolated without any negotiations on the nuclear issue possible to even try.

IMO I thought it was false optimism that Obama had 2 weeks ago, now we know it is, and maybe an inevitable outcome of war.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wow the one thing Obama's done right. Have to say he's actually showing a little spine too bad he can't do that with any of his other issues. I am deeply afraid of Obama's Change it's something none of us will want in the end.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net...

My thread on this got sent to trash...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Good for Obama.
I say enough of all this kowtowing!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well I'll be... I do believe I'm a little bit proud of Obama for this. Seems he's finally starting to grow some brass ones when it comes to foreign policy, or at least he is about this particular issue. Good for him. It's about time he stopped being so apologetic all the flipping time when it comes to other countries and start acting like our president.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
At least giving the regime a chance to become rational and engage in meaningful conversation, Obama has shown the world exactly what these thugs call diplomacy - actually the regime use bullying tactics.

The Bush method didn't allow this, and so the world called for diplomacy. But now the world has woken up to the fact that the regime just doesn't say much worth listening to. Diplomatic methods only go so far!

The regime itself is managing to show the world how much of a thug they are with video and photo evidence emerging on youtube and blogs.

This time the president can criticise severely with almost daily video evidence that backs him up.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I can see what has really happened here. Less than three short weeks ago as part of the overtures being made by a kinder gentler President Obama he urged all American Diplomatic outposts around the world to make a show of inviting Iranian diplomats and Officials to July 4th Independence Day celebrations being hosted by American facilities throughout the world.

A kind and honest gesture meant to encourage Iranian Diplomats to seek out their American counterparts and start to forge a broader my peaceful understanding…

What better way to do this than a good old fashioned July 4th Barbeque? To show the Iranians how we celebrate our independence and freedoms with hamburgers and hot dogs and grilled chicken, corn on the cob and apple pie…

While Americans cheered with some trepidation over our erstwhile leader’s desire to broaden our cultural ties in an often difficult and misunderstood part of the world as progressive and forward thinking behind the scenes American Diplomatic Missions quietly began sounding the alarm through secret coded cables to Washington that the President had just made the greatest diplomatic blunder perhaps of all time…

As the first cables began arriving at the State Department for the Secretary of State and the President’s eyes only he asked Secretary of State Clinton if she could decode the word that kept appearing in each and every emergency message…what does it mean…this word? Skis kabobs?

Oh no Mr. President how could you have done this? All the Iranian Diplomats have R.S.V.P.d and are bringing Skis kabobs to throw on the Barbeques! Tasty tender sirloin and lamb marinated in juices and spices for 72 hours and then flame grilled?...don’t you see what that means Mr. President and us with just hamburgers and hotdogs? We will be ruined, every other diplomat is going to think the Iranians Skis Kabobs are 100 times better, we will look foolish, weak, inept, culinary impaired even…Mr. President you have unleashed Armageddon you fool you!

Realizing he had just committed the greatest diplomatic blunder of all time the President sighed and replied…”We have one month to make the regime in Tehran fall and we must not fail”!

The rest is history!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Apologize for what? I just caught this on NPR and tried posting it, however all I keep getting is an error message.

Former Revolutionary Guard Member: 'Military Coup' Underway In Iran

www.npr.org...

This is exactly why we need to keep pressure on Iran. Stop apologizing for everthing.

new topics

top topics

join