It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House debating Warming bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It seems that the House is debating the Global Warming Bill that is before Congress. It also appears that a 300 page amendment was added at 3 am EDT and the Congress wants to vote on the bill without anything being read completely--just like the bailout earlier this year.

If you're interested, you can watch what's going on here if interested: c-span.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I don't believe they are debating anything, I believe they are being mandated to pass this stupid A** bill that will only add to the burden of the American people and those who live here lol... I have been on speed dial all of yesterday and today yelling at the operator that this bill should not pass but this is not about what's best for the sheeple and they aren't even allowed to see the 1200 pg thing. The infighting is all show! I didn't want your post to go ignored

Everybody else is distracted with the MJ death, I'll morn when the final votes have been cast.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ignorance only learns through failure.

Let them pass it and then when they're all hated even more by the people and bordering a 1789 solution, they shall learn.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Listening to the filibuster now, pretty disgusting bill. That someone could even write this nonsense and think it is a good idea makes me sick
It just gets worse every page he reads.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by miraclerock]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

I don't believe they are debating anything

That's true. I guess they're not technically debating the bill. John Boehner is going through the 300 page amendment though. I tell you what, a lot of what this amendment has ticks me off!

reply to post by miraclerock

I guess what is going on now technically is a filibuster. I didn't know that the House was allowed to filibuster. I'm glad that Boehner is doing this though. Perhaps it will stall the vote. It is a really disgusting thing.

[edit on 6/26/2009 by octotom]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by miraclerock
Listening to the filibuster now, pretty disgusting bill. That someone could even right this nonsense and think it is a good idea makes me sick

I pick you, or anyone else, who could draw up what the bill is about, i'll I figure is it's about warming.

Please tell me it's a carbon tax, please, or a new tax. I've been getting frustrated with paying just the usual tax, and would like to be a true patriot and pay some more.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Please tell me it's a carbon tax, please, or a new tax.

It's that and more! Taxes and regulations. Love it I do!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

Please tell me it's a carbon tax, please, or a new tax.

It's that and more! Taxes and regulations. Love it I do!

Kick ***! I'm goin to be all star patriot! I wonder what kind of regulations, please tell me that there going to limit my driving like they do watering my own yard! I want to be regulated and controlled!!!

I'm super stoked about these taxes, not just one but many you say! I'm so happy I could ****.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Originally posted by miraclerock
Listening to the filibuster now, pretty disgusting bill. That someone could even right this nonsense and think it is a good idea makes me sick

I pick you, or anyone else, who could draw up what the bill is about, i'll I figure is it's about warming.

Please tell me it's a carbon tax, please, or a new tax. I've been getting frustrated with paying just the usual tax, and would like to be a true patriot and pay some more.

I don't think anyone has actually read the whole thing yet to tell you what it is about since they got that huge amendment at 3 am. So far it seems to be about adding about 800 layers of bureaucracy and new costs to anything energy related. Several articles floating around online have called it the largest tax increase in history, not sure how correct that is though so take that as you will.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I love it, Bohner is going to read the whole 300 page amendment. I guess this could technically be called a filibuster, but in with him being the House Minority Leader he has unlimited time to speak. So he can sit up there and read all 300 pages and they can't do anything about it.

I don't know how many more votes they need for it to pass, but hopefully what is being read by Bohner will change the last 15 peoples minds.

He also has the right idea too, if the children aren't going to do their homework then you have to force them to do it.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

If he sits up their and reads the whole darn thing.

My respect for him will be higher then any other person in their! That takes some serious cahones!!!

I would do it, who cares what they think, your messing with peoples livelyhood, to undermine it because your lazy is no excuse.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Is he reading it right now? I just started watching!

Fun fun fun!!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I don't think he is going to read the whole thing. That is what it sounded like at first, but he is reading select things from just the amendment.

If I was him I would read the whole bill if it takes 2 weeks to do it then that is what it takes.

This bill is bad bad news.

My respect for him would also tremendously jump if he read the whole thing.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I love it, Bohner is going to read the whole 300 page amendment.

It doesn't seem like he's reading the whole thing but more or less skipping to the parts where new sections begin and summing it up, until he reaches the beginning of a new tax/rule/regulation/stupid thing.

Perhaps, when he's done summing up the amendment, he should whip out a phone book and start reading names saying,"they don't want the bill," just like the Democrats did during the Civil Rights era.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

He seems to be goin very slowly and thoroughly through it!

This is page 226........we must turn now to page 227.....LMAO.

At least he's not acceptin the BS like they did in the bailout.

My favorite line of his..."......and how much exactly is this going to cost", he's said that like 100 times now!

I want to know how much do I have to pay, my pocket as burn holes in it!

I hope my name is in that phone book.

"Congress is out of touch" second favorite line!

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Ha, he just said that there is a regulation that would require those who export/import with another country, to ask that country to obey the United States' new regulatory scheme. I'm sure that'll fly well. As he put it, "if that other country is nice, they will maybe obey our bizarre regulatory scheme."

Does anyone happen to have this bills number? I'm interested to see what they have on THOMAS about it.

EDIT: It's HR2454, they just flashed it.

Haha, I love the cheering. Some guy just said, "Come to order, there's no order in the house." Hopefully it won't pass.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I honestly believe the bill won't pass after all of this has been said. Hopefully they've been listening, from the applause it seems plausible.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
Ha, he just said that there is a regulation that would require those who export/import with another country, to ask that country to obey the United States' new regulatory scheme. I'm sure that'll fly well. As he put it, "if that other country is nice, they will maybe obey our bizarre regulatory scheme."

Does anyone happen to have this bills number? I'm interested to see what they have on THOMAS about it.

I think it's HR2454.

He's spot on, I hope he's being legit and not lying.

Let's see the next guy.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Mine too, my pockets are on FIRE!!

Oh great now we have Waxman up there. What a joke this guy is. He looks like a troll.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
He took an hour! LMAO.

Hey when it comes to my livelihood you can take as long as you want!

Quit whining Waxman!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join