It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arguing couple does no damage with Cheetos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Arguing couple does no damage with Cheetos

www.t-g.com

A local couple arrested on domestic assault charges Sunday had an unusual choice of alleged weaponry -- Cheetos.
Warrants filed by Cpl. Kevin Roddy, of the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, stated he responded to a call at a home on Pass Road, where 40-year-old James Earl Taylor and Mary S. Childers, 44, were allegedly involved in an argument.

According to Roddy's report, the pair became "involved in a verbal altercation" with each other "at which time Cheetos potato chips were used i
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Is it just me or does this seem a little overkill?

I mean he said no marks on either person and no clear sign of aggressor, but he jails them both anyway. And how do you have physical assault with cheetos and not leave a mark??

This is probably just another example of a cop who is taking his job a bit too seriously, but *shrug* who knows. Definately not enough info in this article to make a fully informed judgment.

www.t-g.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

They both must have been military special forces...you know...trained to kill with a mere cheeto.

How ridiculous!

Just my 2-cents

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Lucky they didn't get tazered or shot. I would not be surprised of such news these days

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Would love to see the mug shots. Seems like there should have been cheese all over. I can't even eat ONE of them without it coloring everything I touch for half an hour.

I suppose if you really wanted to, you could hurt someone with a cheeto. Matter of fact, I'm guessing there are at least three ways to kill with a cheeto.

But clearly, if there was no cheese evidence then they must go free.

'If duh face was not cheesey, go home missa poleezy'

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

"at which time Cheetos potato chips were used in the assault."

"There was evidence of the assault,"

OMG that is hilarious ! I'm guessing the "evidence" was smashed cheetos on the floor

Both Taylor and Childers were charged by Roddy with domestic assault. Both posted a bond of $2,500 and will appear in Bedford County General Sessions Court on July 15.

Now this part is disturbing. $2,500. bond for throwing cheetoes
that is just plain ridiculous. I hardly think a couple should be arrested for throwing cheetos at each other

Forgot link....

www.t-g.com...

[edit on 6/26/2009 by chise61]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Im speechless...cheeto projectiles? this story is just plain weird and surreal

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I agree this post was a bit cheesy, but I thought it merited something. At the very least it was good for a laugh, eh?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
In my state, any assault that does not result in physical damage to person or property, is only Misdemeanor Harassment, an offense that is ticketable, not arrestable.

The only exception is when a child is present. Any crime committed in front of a child, no matter how minor, is an automatic Felony.

So, in this particular Domestic Assault case, I'm suspecting a child was present, thus increasing the severity of the charge.

Moral of the story, however, is once you get the police involved in any situation, it is out of your hands, and someone is most likely going to jail. In the situation of Domestic Assault, most police just arrest both parties and let the Courts sort the mess out instead of having to deal with the "He said, she said." It's a hard lesson to learn that you don't call the police, inviting them to get involved, when it's over something minor and not life-threatening.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I do not understand this story. Cheetos potato chips? I didn't know such a thing existed. The cheetos I am familiar with are not made from potatoes.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

You beat me to it. Cheetos potato chips? Never seen one or heard of one. Meanwhile, Fooooooooooooooooood fighttttttttttttttt! Let's get it on!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
How petty....our country is no more...we are now in Nazi America

new topics

top topics

join