It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marshal Law in Harrisburg, PA??? Already??!!??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
A friend of mine pointed out the front page of the Harrisburg (PA) Patriot News... An article about the recent rash of "gun violence" in my state capital:

www.pennlive.com...

Gov. Ed Rendell on Thursday ordered the state police to help Harrisburg police fight the outbreak of gun violence that has plagued the city throughout June.

Obviously, Harrisburg's "finest"... Who are widely reputed to be violent and corrupt, are having a tough time handling the "recent" violent streak.

Harrisburg is a city just shy of 50,000 residents, on the east bank of the Susquehanna river in south central Pennsylvania. Kind of a sleepy town with a big city attitude that comes with being the state capital.

www.city-data.com...

I don't live there, but I used to. Actually about two blocks from the last shooting this past week (Wednesday). My dad grew up there, and I know that the city has changed alot since I moved out in the 90's. There were plenty of shootings then too, but perhaps not with this frequency.

The really disturbing article I noticed though, as well as the one pointed out to me by a friend that still lives close by. I'll let it speak for itself:

www.pennlive.com...

Harrisburg chapter of NAACP urges martial law
by STEVEN FARLEY Of The Patriot-News
Thursday June 25, 2009, 9:24 PM
The Harrisburg Chapter of the NAACP is calling on Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell to suspend some civil liberties and impose martial law in the city to halt the wave of recent lawlessness.

Chapter President Stanley Lawson also called on Rendell to bring in the state National Guard for at least 30 days and to impose a curfew. In June, there have been at least 12 shootings, many of them in the daytime, including a man killed Wednesday at a busy city intersection during the lunch hour.

Now I don't know about you folks, but I don't really like the fact that a "civil rights" organization is pushing for the suspension of Constitutional rights.

Just wanted to put this out there... Nobody likes being a "testing ground" for the NWO's big plan.

Thanks for looking...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Forgot to mention... Once again, (happens every year now that Rendell is Governor) the state of PA does not have a balanced budget on time. State workers now face working for IOU's, essentially, while "Fast Eddie" promises that all hours worked will be paid... Eventually...

www.kyw1060.com...

Also, the county that Harrisburg is located in is heavily corrupt... We won't delve into all the corruption in this thread until later if needed... However as a result of this corruption and "bad choices", they are nearly bankrupt... The city and the county are in cahoots. Hence the problem with hiring good cops, and enough of them.

www.pennlive.com...

And now they are having State Police patrol the streets of Harrisburg... TONIGHT!!! All the while, the proposed cuts to their budget will handicap the smaller towns:

www.pennbpc.org...

I'm not the best at posting threads, but I hope people notice this is happening RIGHT NOW in a city near YOU!

I know it is too close to me for comfort.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Why would they do this in PA and not do it in South Texas. Id think they need to have the national guard protecting the border from crazed drug cartels before they need to remove civil liberties in PA.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Or the police could do their job. Kind of ironic that the NAACP wants to take rights away. How is a curfew going to stop daytime violence? They will just shoot at an earlier time. What a joke.

Edit to add: Harrisburg is the new suburb of NYC since the working class cannot live there anymore. They say they want to turn NYC into a city of millionaires. That means all the people who keep the gears grinding will have to move far out. The taxes are too high in NJ so here they come. Watch out.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
this really worries me man. it will happen, and happen right here in our back yard. just how wide spread will this be? As soon as this would go into effect, how many people are going to swarm to the other towns and cities near by? how long till the swarms up rise and violence happens at a higher rate? I mean hell, people are already traveling to my AO from Harrisburg (aprox 25 miles) to rob and kill. hmm.... NAACP National Association for the Advancement of Colored People... doesnt bozo i mean nobama fit that group?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bwarden99

Yeah, ok... First off... I was so excited about writing this that I did not spell check. Ok I'm an idiot. It's spelled Martial Law. Sorry.

I'm listening to a Harrisburg radio station, and they confirm that the State Police will be patrolling Harrisburg streets starting tonight.

The "Guardian Angels", a civilian patrol organization, will be patrolling as well. Most of this group are from nearby York, PA.

Yeah dude, I'm crapping myself. This is not cool one bit, and it's really starting to get a bit too real over this "recent" rash of violence.

I'll tell you what it is: It isn't a "recent" thing at all. Shootings happen ALOT in Harrisburg. This is an excuse, and the MSM outlets are obviously backing it.

God help us all... I'm watching the eastern skies tonight brother...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Another thing I'd like to point out, and since another poster mentioned the NAACP backing the push for martial law...

The majority of the "victims" and shooters were minorities, and mostly minors... with illegal firearms.

They are going to use this as an excuse... Mark my words.

Is the new Lexington Green going to be on the east, or west shore?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
www.pennlive.com.../base/news/1245968712155570.xml&coll=1

link about school being out and increase in shootings due to lack of structure.

wonder if this "rash of shootings" has anything to do with all the UN training? and I love how they are extending the cops shifts, bringing in PSP. I'll be watching east with you bud

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This sounds like Harrisburg is being used as a test, to me.

Remember what the did in D.C. and the people WEREN'T HAVING IT?

I think they are going to try another town and see if it bodes well there. I wonder if they will start doing this sort of thing in cities across the country on a regular basis and then gather up the info they learned from it.

It was the same thing in DC too. A string of shootings followed by extreme police presence even to the point of setting up check points.

Maybe this scenario will take out the check points and just have police swarming the streets and see if that is accepted better. Then they will try and find where the line is before the people get all out of sorts about what is going on. I bet they try everything aside from restrictions on movement/travel (which obviously didn't fare well in DC).

If this is the case, it's a bit creepy.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

My skepticism is in high gear today. Not of your post. The skepticsm is the recent escalation in violence. It smells engineered to me. The blame will always be the same crowd though, the "dregs of society" so to speak. Gangs, unemployed, veterans, pro-anythingers, religious, homeless. But I don't believe it. I don't believe the news anymore, I believe what my heart is telling me. These killings are a set up for exactly what is happening in PA. First PA, then where?

The escalation in murders is up here too and it won't be long before we find out Martial Law has been enacted. It will be like dominos. One city after the next. There is already a stricter curfew for the kids.
City's Curfew Begins Tonight

"This is not meant to be punitive," Mayor Michael Coleman said. "But it is meant to change conduct and to have a consequence."

And on June 25, 2009 Man Kills Woman, Scatters Body Parts

By just those 2 new stories I can see things sliding downhill and the situation in PA could be here soon.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

I agree... Troops would better be used to secure our borders than watching the citizenry.

Unfortunately, less than 25 miles northeast of Harrisburg is Fort Indiantown Gap, a US National Guard Training Center. I know for a fact that the prized element, the 56th Stryker Brigade, is currently deployed in the sandbox. Guard units from all over the country train at the Gap. They have just completed and opened a world class CQ live fire shoot house on site, and they have Armor, Artillery, and live aircraft ranges as well. There are reportedly foreign troops trained there as well...

en.wikipedia.org...

Now that source is wiki, which as we all know, can be suspect... The mind still boggles.

Gee, I wish I could find photographic evidence, no matter how little, of foreign troops at the Gap...

So now the possible connection between this area and the NWO.

I'll keep y'all posted.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I just had to put this out there and it is PURE SPECULATION! So please go easy on me.

Been reading "The Dulce Book" and already there's two threads today that have made me recall things said in the book it's really weird.

This thread is reminding me of what was said about (now bear with me, I find it hard to believe too) aliens/government abductions that utlimately end in the abductee being implanted so that their minds could be "controlled" for certain tasks. I think it was saying something about how the main purpose was to make it seem like there was utter chaos happening and, in turn, the people would be more willing to have their freedoms taken away.

I'm sorry to make such a leap but, I just had to put it out there. What if these jumps in violence are related to this? You know, someone "threw a switch" in PA thereby causing a rise in violence, thereby creating an excuse to test out various martial law scenarios. Maybe the same thing happened in DC.

I know, I know. It's waaaaaaay out there but, I just made this thread a little more ATS'ish,

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
Or the police could do their job.

Yeah, that's the problem. I don't know the specifics of where these shootings occurred - but I'm willing to bet they happened in areas that were heavily populated by minorities. I can't tell you how many times where I showed up to a shooting scene (often in broad daylight) where noooooobody saw anything - one such shooting occurred at a crowded bus stop at 9 am. We didn't have ONE person come forward to provide any information. If people in the community aren't willing to support the police then they shouldn't expect a thorough investigation. I do understand that, due to gang violence, many people are afraid to help the police and thereby become labeled as a "rat", but even anonymous tips are often lacking.

The NAACP is a big part of the problem by fostering the image that the police are just a bunch of racist rednecks that get off on abusing minorities. They say they want a reduction in crime but they turn minorities against the police and then complain that nothing is being done to prevent crime. Maybe the NAACP, instead of fighting the Constitution and the police, should turn their wrath against the idiots that turn communities into shooting galleries.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
i agree with you nunya, it does seam like they are making it out to be worse then it is, and i think it will work with some people to take away their rights. its just kinda like how for weeks now all that fox news and cnn has done was show Iran and MJ up and dies? takes peoples minds off revolting and makes them morn, fills the news up with # that doesnt matter.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well, it's just the state police, not federal troops. IMHO, nothing to get wound up about. But, I"m not in PA either.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

To expand on your "speculation"... It's been postulated that there is an ELF -type array at the Naval Installation in Mechanicsburg, PA. I'm very familiar with this base, as well as the unacknowledged presence of nuclear weapons in the storage facilities...

Why is this important to your "speculation"?

A lot of "IF"s, but IF ELF frequencies are the path to "throwing the switch"...

There could be a facility about 15 miles due west of Harrisburg that could accomplish this.

I will expand on this tomorrow, including answer questions. I have to go be "daddy" to my daughter for the evening.

Thanks for all the replies so far!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
Well, it's just the state police, not federal troops. IMHO, nothing to get wound up about. But, I"m not in PA either.

Right... Here's the thing.

Being the capital of PA, Harrisburg has TWO police forces, PLUS a well equipped Sherriff's department.

There is the city police force, as well as the capital police. They are separate entities, but their jurisdiction intersects.

Why would the PSP get involved? Troop H, located on Elmerton Ave. Harrisburg, will likely be the most used troop of the PSP.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by passenger

You're right on the money as far as where these shootings occurred. The chief of police thinks they may be a "hill/uptown" rivalry, or drug gangs.

Most of the shootings were on "Allison Hill" or Hall Manor, a housing project.

Very astute officer.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I don't think it's marshal law.

Maybe their local police force is too small to handle the problem? I live in Philadelphia and we have state police on our highways because local police could not handle it.

This rise in crime is not the fault of police. They are doing what they can with hands tied. This is the fault of corrupt judges. Most of these crimes are committed by people that are in and out of jail for violent crimes. Judges need to be accounted for when they continue to let these dirt bags out.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I recently passed through Pennsylvania and pulled over to take a phone call. I'm from Florida.

Concluding, a Highway Patrol officer pulled behind me to merely see if everything was alright, and he chuckled when I told him I couldn't drive and talk at the same time.

He did ask for my driver's license, and I handed him my license with my Concealed Carry Permit.

He visibly relaxed, handed them back, and asked out of curiosity what was I carrying and where?

I pointed to my center console and told him it was a 1911 Kimber. Then he talked about really wanting to get one for himself and it was just a man talking to a man.

The fact that the NAACP is getting involved says volumes about the source of the problem.

They should thank LBJ and his Great Society for what's going on today.

Ain't it Great?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join