It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Jackson steals the headlines and you eat it up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
To my dismay at work today, I couldn't find a single radio station that wasn't blabbing about MJ. I get home, turn on the TV, Michael Jackson everywhere.

ENOUGH!

It absolutely amazes me how people are completely intrigued by a strange man...the very man the public destroyed and now claims to have sympathy for.

In the meantime....

All hell is breaking lose. The Federal Reserve is getting huge powers over our financial system thanks to Obama! The SAME Federal Reserve that cannot account for 9 trillion dollars of OUR MONEY. The SAME Federal Reserve that has inflated the dollar and blown prices through the roof. The SAME Federal Reserve that has sent at LEAST "Billions" of dollars to Foreign Banks! The SAME Federal Reserve that has strong armed other institutions. The SAME Federal Reserve that makes interest off of our money that goes to....WHO?!?!?

We are fighting in 3 countries...and if Neo-cons have any say...it will be 4 with Iran. Our economy is in shambles and unemployment has exploded. Our national debt is impossible to pay back without trashing the worth of our hard labor.

GDit!!!!

Quit with this freaking nonsense. YOU DON"T EVEN KNOW THE MAN!! He's dead....and so is Farrah Fawcett...and Ed McMahon...and THOUSANDS of other nameless souls who have lost their lives on the same day.

For cripes sakes people, quit showing your fake compassion for someone you feel that you need to somber over when 2 days ago you thought he was a crazy ass freak.

Cripes!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I totally agree. I haven't watched a single bit of news because of this stupidity.

Lets not forget that FAUX CNN MSNBC and the rest of the goons were ripping MJ a new one over the child molestation case that never went anywhere. I guess people have a short term memory.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Yeah you're right--the whole thing is a media overload KILLER !!
It's everywhere--it really is THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH !!
The world is falling apart --it's all BAD out there and yet I suppose it's HUMAN NATURE in a way for many people to be fascinated by a guy who led a very strange life

Nothing seemed BLACK OR WHITE--everything was trippy and weird there !!
I guess though that the media have GOT TO BE THERE to report all the miniscule details to keep the masses happy .
There's no way to BEAT IT I'm afraid--you'll just have to turn the tv and radio off brother !!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This is called deflection. The PTB don't want the general populace to know what they are up to so the MSM is instructed to hype whatever BS story that comes down the pike.

If there was any real reporting in this world, MJ would have been a one time flash on a scrolling ticker and they would be focused on where that "stimulus" money is going.

But no, that's not sensational enough news. But a dead pedophile freak is.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

For cripes sakes people, quit showing your fake compassion for someone you feel that you need to somber over when 2 days ago you thought he was a crazy ass freak.

I was thinking the same thing the other night...

...the media kills the guy, and now they send roses.

Hypocrites.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Even the automated sideshow channel that usually just shows information about local events was playing MJ tracks from over the years, its unsane. Makes me glad I tend to stick to non-news channels when I do have the TV on. If things get truly bad I wonder how many celebrities will have to die in order to keep the news from covering chaos and death in the streets?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Hopefully Farrah Fawcett's courageous battle will get people to have screenings done for cancer. I lost my father to the terrible disease so I know what her family is going through.

[edit on 6/28/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Sounds pretty callous but I basically agree with you on the news side. They are vultures going for the ratings.
It's sad when people die and hard on their friends and loved ones. All people should be mourned after their passing - even celebrities as much as they annoy us.
This is over the top though. Death shouldn't be a circus.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I felt somewhat the same way - until after I saw Janet's speech.

I cried then.

I needed to cry when I heard the news but I couldnt because of all of the BS stigma associated with him.

Since - I have done my research!

Also - as far as being a child molester - HE HAS NEVER BEEN FOUND GUILTY OF THAT. One of the children has even came forth to apologize for saying MJ touched him - BECAUSE HE NEVER DID.

The second case - MJ bought away - that doesnt make him guilty - its makes him smart. When you have money, you are able to pick and choose your battles. It was far easier to throw them some cash and make it go away.

Thus - exactly what he did. All the while NEVER being found guilty!

What did he have to lose? And being in a court case SUCKS - TAKES OVER YOUR ENTIRE LIFE! So he did what anyone with money would do because the results remain the same.

AFTER ALL - EVERYONE ALREADY THINKS HE IS A CHILD MOLESTER... so tell me - what did he have to lose? I would have done the EXACT same thing! Because as you can plainly see - IT MATTERS NOT! People believe what they believe.

But if you believe he ever touched a child - you have NO bases to back up your claims - AT ALL. Its simply YOUR OPINION... and we are all entitled to one! The courts opinion is the ONLY ONE that matters and their opinion was: NOT GUILTY!

Opinions should be based entirely on FACTS - NOT fascination.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Little One]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Little One

You should read the depositions given by the young boys in the cases against Michael Jackson. They are far more revealing than a few seconds worth of sound bites in the news. (The 1993 deposition was leaked and The Smoking Gun had it on their site for a while.) I read it and it opened my eyes to what a monster MJ was. He got away with his crimes, and did it again until the 2005 trial.

What about the testimony of the young men in 2005? Were they lying about what happened? None of them received any type of settlement, and it was still obvious they were still traumatized by what happened. (There were also many other settlements in the millions given out to the children and parents to keep quiet.) The 1993 case involved over $20 million put in an annuity that would mature to over $50 million (that is where that figure came from). That was also leaked and was put on the The Smoking Gun site.

Remember, Robert Blake was also acquitted of murder, and his alibi was going back to the restaurant to get his gun. Celebrities do not get a fair trial as they have many fans in the jury pool.

As for the depositions, the boys would never give such detail if it did not happen. The 1993 deposition is quite graphic, and the boy was in a police station when he gave it. I have worked with troubled kids and know when they are lying. The boy in the case (whose name was callously leaked) was not lying.

You can defend Michael all you want and cry because of his death. The man escaped justice in my book and does not deserve the adulation he received. He was a great entertainer until the album "Bad". After that, he became a grotesque version of his younger self. Call me a hater or whatever you want, but if you can find the depositions, read them and see what really happened by the young victims themselves.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

The 'Child' you are referring to has - since MJ's death - came forward and publicly apologized for making THE FALSE ACCUSATION that Michael Jackson ever touched him. He has admitted that MJ NEVER touched him and he was made to say those things by his father.

That is what speaks volumes...

But - you too can continue defending your side! Me... Im sticking with the FACTS!

Edited to back up facts with link:

The case you speak of - total BS - here is a link to support that.

jjb.yuku.com...

Heres another:

trashselector.com...

So again, NO facts supporting the theory he EVER touched a child. Yet, plenty to prove he DID NOT!

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Little One]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
totally agree with you. the united states is about to lose itself to bankers and sell outs and all i hear is mj this mj that. christ people i know it was never proven, but wasnt this the same man that had to pay out millions to the childs parents for sleeping with there children. no wonder we are in the trouble were in. united states citizens have to be either the shortest memoried people on the earth, or the most forgiving.

again like i said, totally agree with you. your not the only one that has noticed this asanine delverance of media bias!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Little One

The young man received an annuity worth over $50 million, plus his parents also received money to buy their silence. (I also blame the parents for not pressing charges.) I read your sites (blogs) that claim he recanted his story, but have not seen it in other news sites. It still does not refute the claims made by the other young men. Again, I read his deposition, and he was in a police station when he made it. Also, there were stories about how his father reacted and was going to go to Michael Jackson's home and inflict bodily harm. He needed to be calmed down, and also confronted MJ in front of witnesses. I noticed those parts were not refuted or mentioned in the stories. (The photos of the victim are not of him. I did see one picture of the boy, and he is white.)

There were several other settlements out of court to other boys that were over one million dollars, and those were on the site The Smoking Gun.

The depositions I read were quite real, and were not made up. The police were going to charge Michael Jackson for molesting a ten year old boy, but the boy was too upset and did not want to talk. The mother testified at the trial about what happened, and never made any money or had a settlement awarded to her or her son. Young boys do not make that stuff up in the explicit details that were in the depositions.

The die hard fans of MJ will love him and overlook his very bizarre behavior. An adult man sleeping with young boys in his bed is not normal behavior and would cause an investigation if any other adult man did such a thing.

Justice was not served when MJ was acquitted. The prosecution should of filed charges against MJ for the other boys (who were in their late teens and early twenties) who testified in the 2005 case. MJ would of been convicted and sent to prison.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The Highest Court in this Great Land found him not guilty.

That is the facts.

I will no longer argue this - as fact is fact and I have made my point with facts. I see this thread has gotten little response and no flags. That, too, speaks volumes.

That being said - I'm not taking your bait or stealing anyone's thread. Neither is cool. I made my points suffice to myself.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

That's all that the media is, one big show. You notice that when a story actually has a good ending, meaning there was no tragedy, chaos, death, fall from grace, etc the ones reporting the news sound really disappointed and it's hard for them to put on that fake smile. A school shooting is gold for the media, O.J Simpson was a media crush, natural disaster (be it hurricane, tsunami, earthquake, etc) with lots of lives lost and the media are on it like hounds dogs in heat. I guess with the news of wars, possible wars, country falling apart, and the Obama craze was starting to die out, MJ kicking the bucket is the best thing that has happened to them for a while. Don't get me wrong, I am fan of his work, and never really bought into the media thrashing against him because I didn't know him, didn't know anyone who knew him, so who am I to judge anyway? Plus, with all said about the media, you take what they say with a grain of salt.

Any celebrity death is a great distraction for the media to get the attention of the public away from the real issues. That's why the media obsession of celebrities. They build them up so you hate them and when they die, they act all sad about it. Ratings! Ratings! Ratings! Money! Money! Money! And with MJ being the ultimate celebrity death since Elvis, you are right for them it is indeed THE GREATEST SHOW ONE EARTH!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

To accept such a settlement tells me that it probably didn't really happen. Because if this kid was truely tramatized, then there is no way his parents would have accepted a dime without making sure he finds his way to jail. So if he did molest that boy, then those parents would actually be monsters for having a price. That is why I never really bought into it, not because I'm a fan of it, but for one the media was demonizing him to much, and the fact that settlements were paid and accepted. That just tells me that he was trying to stop the bad publicity, because even though there is no such thing as bad publicity supposedly, being labeled as a child molester is not very good publicity. Just my opinion on the whole thing.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

I agree with you that the parents should have made MJ go to jail for what he did. They are just as bad as MJ was. The sad truth is money talks and the parents were given over a million dollars to keep quiet. The deposition and settlements themselves were leaked out and The Smoking Gun carried them.

I am one to think that such an allegation needs to be fought out in court. It is one of the few charges that can destroy a person both emotionally and physically. Why did MJ not fight it in court to clear his name? If there was ever such a charge levied against me, I would fight the allegation all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary.

I also did read the depositions against MJ, and some of the cases (especially the bumper car incident) made me cry. The boy in the bumper car incident did not want to testify as he was very upset. No money exchanged hands so there is no tainting of his story.

I also remember his sister LaToya talking on Geraldo Rivera's daytime talk show about MJ staying in his room for days with young boys. No one said a word about it, and food was left at the door for them. She stated he had a serious problem and the family was ignoring it. (She was also being treated badly at that time.)

MJ's fans will never believe what their "King of Pop" icon really was: an individual who needed help with a very big problem. The response by the fan to my post was they had the facts that MJ was innocent. They did not read the original depositions or court documents about the other incidents.

The 24/7 news networks have fodder for the usually slow summer months. The revelations that will be forthcoming will keep this in the news.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

Precisely my point! Thank you!

Parents DO NOT HAVE A PRICE - NO AMOUNT WOULD BE ENOUGH SHORT OF D E A T H. Any parent knows that.

You kids whom tend to lack in wisdom but are rich in ego... its those that buy this propaganda. You should be ashamed.

Thank you so much... I certainly couldnt have said it better myself! Isnt it great when you dont feel like you are being heard then someone comes a long to help us word things much better? Appreciated!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I really had no idea Michael Jackson was adored so much. I just feel like people are overreacting and carrying this too, way too far. I saw in one post that Michael Jackson bridged the gap between white and black, well no he didn't, Richard Pryor did that. Whether he was a molester or not, I don't care, it didn't affect me. Lastly, I can not believe someone is selling tickets to his funeral. That is just stupid.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by catamaran

The fact that the press wants to make him this big iconic hero when we have soldiers dying everyday makes me sick.
Who is the real hero??
According to our media its Hollywood and the celebrities.
A dead soldier doesn't make much noise??
Why??
There are many soldiers and one Micheal Jackson?
I would be willing to trade Micheal Jacksons life for 100 soldiers lives any day of the week.
Its times like these that make me hate the society in which I live.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join