It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st sighting, and I just stand there..duhh

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Im sure this happens to everyone. Sorry no pics. I have been watching the skies for years now , but in Kansas all you usually see air traffic at 30,000 feet. Ocasionally a witch. Any ways to what I saw ....was out in the back yard with friends in the country. I am allways looking up when I here planes,( yes you can here them even when they are way up there ) so I was watching a comercial jet flying west when I notice what I thought was 3 geese . When birds fly the have that look of "flapping" they kind go from a dark to light color...depending on the bird. sorry for the lame discription , not as good with words like the most of you. Anyways they had that fazing kinda blinking from white/light to silver. These were flying straight east to the sunrise...ohh yeah this was around 9am central time June 25th. They were moving fast , I would say 2 too 3 times as fast as the planes. One of them droped back in formation then back up front . I just stood there with my mouth open the whole time trying to frigure what it was I was looking at. By the time I realized what they were I couldn't see them anymore because of the sun.

Im x-navy and know what speical craft look like that NASA and Lockheed make because I was stationed there in Cali. By the end of the day Im sure of what I saw . Now that the shock is over the next time I will not freeze and let others around me know and try to get a pic .

So my question is does that usually happen to you that have seen them ?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
We live in Kansas as well and see planes, etc., but we have yet to see something remotely cool. Maybe what you seen will make its way here so we can get a picture of it...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Grats, sounds like a genuine UFO sighting.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsosweet
We live in Kansas as well and see planes, etc., but we have yet to see something remotely cool. Maybe what you seen will make its way here so we can get a picture of it...

Ijust figured that there is nothing intresting for them here , thus the lack of sightings.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet

I am beginning to think so too.....Im excited...feel like one of the gang now.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

I froze as well seeing a huge fleet in Dominican Republic in '05

Wasn't until after they passed that I was like "dang where's my camera"

I think it's because your brain is like "wow HS" and you can't look away.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thats the conclusion that i have come up with as well.....i mean what could they possibly think that is so great to visit Kansas? I'm sure they have seen plenty of crops for their crop circles....been there done that...
So what more could we have here that they could be interested in seeing?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsosweet
Thats the conclusion that i have come up with as well.....i mean what could they possibly think that is so great to visit Kansas? I'm sure they have seen plenty of crops for their crop circles....been there done that...
So what more could we have here that they could be interested in seeing?

Well like I said , they were moving along at a pretty good clip.
Wonder if MUFON reported anything.
The same reason no crop circles here is that there is no one here that would notice, the majority of people are drunk or in front of the TV.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think I saw an UFO once im not sure probably it was two helicopters.
I think I saw two burnt yellow colored helicopters one flying on top of the other and they were in the same spot for more then 20 seconds in the sky....smells like ufo to me

but when i saw those i didnt stand still I was quiet in my sister's car but its weird how i didnt pay much attention its like UFO'S look!

i guess you saw ufos there

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Danna]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009

If you could kindly walk to the end of the hall, there are some gentleman who would like to review your post on the off chance you MIGHT have mistaken it for an airplane, not that were telling you what you saw may have been something else, but perhaps you were mistaken or at best had a beer or two, or simply tired from work.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Disinfo agent, RUN AWAY RUN AWAY!!!

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy."

"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

____________________________________________________________-

Anyway, to the OP.. Grats on your sighting. Just hope next time you remember to grab your camera. 10 mp digital video camera would be preferable!

[edit on 26-6-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
HEHE.....yeah....prolly drunk is more likely....i'll keep you posted if we ever see anything....but i'll keep my camera handy so i can take a pic......

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

If you could kindly walk to the end of the hall, there are some gentleman who would like to review your post on the off chance you MIGHT have mistaken it for an airplane, not that were telling you what you saw may have been something else, but perhaps you were mistaken or at best had a beer or two, or simply tired from work.

You know, I wonder about that myself . A MIB visit....but since I don't have any proof, I think they will let me slide this time.....still the thought is creepy.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Thats twice today that I have heard that movie referenced. May have to watch......Strange ladies lying around in ponds distrubiting swords is no basis for a goverment.....

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosweet

There are plenty of people, cats and cattle to study, dissect, and probe. Better to do that in less populated areas.
Hate to put it to ya that way.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I have had three sightings. All of them very close.

I ran from pure fear the first time but stood still the second time.

The third time I fell myself being pulled toward the craft. I walked to get closer but my daughter grabbed me and broke whatever pull there was on my body and mind.

I think it's normal to just stand and stare when you see a UFO.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Yes, it does, I had a camera rolling during my last sighting but it was mounted on a tripod and pointed at the moon which was on the opposite side. I startled at the object and after stunning 5 seconds I realised I had to film it, nervously grabbed the camera and turned around, but the object was already gone. Previous sightings weren't that exiting for me, more like "oh well" and no camera present, but this one was close, that shook me.

Just keep watching the skies, just like I'm doing at the moment, sitting on my balcony with my laptop, some pot, a coke, no wind and 75° F at 00:12 AM local time. All it needs now is a jazzy saxophone in the distance and a strange light in the sky!

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Haunebu]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I just stood there with my mouth open the whole time trying to frigure what it was I was looking at. By the time I realized what they were I couldn't see them anymore because of the sun.

It happened to me as well was my first and only sighting which only lasted a short time just stood there and my jaw hit the ground ..but next time a will be prepared the description of mine is in my signature link if you wanted to check it out....cheers

[edit on 28-6-2009 by paradiselost333]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The reason people dont see a bunch of UFOs weekly is because people rarely look up to the sky for more than a few minutes here and there.

if people fished the way they watch for UFOs, we would be a starving bunch of people.

Nice find, hopefully it will encourage you to spend a entire evening on a blanket with some friends looking up, identifying the moving lights, looking at the stuff that doesnt make sense, etc.

Last night, I was laying down..watching the sky (just a quick smoke break...been overcast here so not alot of skyviewing)..the clouds were gone, it was about 1am. I seen a shooting star (thats normal), but what wasnt normal was right at the end, it curved sharply...making a J pattern

that was a first.

anyhow, good job.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The few times I've seen something that I just absolutely couldn't explain, I too just stood there. Part of the reason is at first, I would just be trying to figure out what it was, and by the time I realized that it wasn't something "normal", it would be gone. Other times, I just refused to stop watching long enough to go get a camera because I didn't want to miss anything. So yep, I think it's a common reaction. People are criticized when they don't have photo or video evidence, but honestly, many sightings just don't last long enough.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join