It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Spielberg -TNT's untitled alien-invasion pilot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Steven Spielberg has another alien project in the works...he has admitted to his belief in them in the past:

"Spielberg himself was a believer, although to his great regret he wasn't one of the fifteen million who had had a close encounter of any kind with a UFO. "I believe in the UFO phenomenon, yes. whether I believe UFOs are of extraterrestrial origin, well, the jury's still out. I would like to believe the hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world have not been hallucinating for three thousand years."
- p.64-65 /Frank Sanello, Spielberg: The Man, the Movies, the Mythology

"Veteran ER star Noah Wyle is reuniting with producer Steven Spielberg for the lead in TNT's untitled alien-invasion pilot.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the project was written by Robert Rodat from an idea he conceived with Spielberg, and is set shortly after aliens have wiped out most of the human population. Wyle will play the leader of a ragtag group of soldiers and civilians who struggle against the occupying alien force.

"It is a privilege to be starting a second series with Noah," said Spielberg, whose company was behind ER. "The first didn't do too badly."" -MW

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Great! I'm looking forward to watching this series. Spielberg's mini-series, Taken, was quite enjoyable, and my wife, who is not a sci-fi fan, enjoyed it immensely. Also, I will look forward to a possible satire of the show and Spielberg by the South Park crew.

There's been some good conspiracy type shows on in recent years. 4400 got off to a good start, unfortunately for me, it died too soon, I think. Invasion was pretty good when viewed in its entirety, but slow to develop at first.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That's good that it's not another alien invasion movie. I like the concept of it being a post-alien invasion series. I can't recall off-hand a movie that has used such a concept.

Every time I see one of the alien invasion movies I'm left wondering, how did life go on. What happened afterward. After the world realized they weren't alone?

It's part of the reason I was really excited about the new Terminator Salvation movie. As a kid, my family owned all the Terminator movies. I watched the first I don't know how many times, same with the second.

I always wondered what the world was like in the future they kept speaking of where the machines were in charge and there was a constant war going on. It was really exciting to finally be able to see that and it didn't disappoint (I know some may say otherwise, but, hey, it's all a matter of opinion.

Anyway, I wish I had cable.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This soundspretty cool although i think that he should start concentrating on the long awaited jurrasic park 4 movie damnit.

top topics

join