It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It wasn't really meant for this, but I guess it will do.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Windex is perfect for keeping Ants and other insect pests away from an area. Just spray it in around where you don't want them to go, and it will keep them away for a year

I have just tested your windex claim on a problem spot in my home.

The subjects are carpenter ants.

I shall let you know the results with in the next day or so.

Personally I am hopping your right.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by T_Clem

Mr. Magnet is our friend.

Seriously, most of the cans that hold 'canned food' are steel, not aluminum.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
I have just tested your windex claim on a problem spot in my home.
The subjects are carpenter ants.
I shall let you know the results with in the next day or so.
Personally I am hopping your right.

Well, if that doesn't work Forever Green Household Cleaner certainly will. I've noticed that the chemical that ants and pests do not like the smell of in Windex can sometimes evaporate in high temperatures. Forever Green seems to defy the heat and work the same way with more reliability.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Smokeing_Gun

ok i have one. concerning our k=9 friends i swear this works. a friend of mines discovery but i've used it twice in the 15 yrs i have known about it.
including the time this guy first tried it. this cure for parvo is 3 for 3 .
never even found out what made him try it. the guy gave his dog
GRAPEFRUIT. he said it was like the poor thing was craving it. just gobbled the stuff down. and after that would never even touch it. like i said i have verified it x 2. once for my girlfriends dog (90 s). and the dog we have at the house now, my wifes daughter brought home. one other note. is the
unbelievable loyalty to who ever feeds it to them. it goes through the roof. my friends pinser was almost
robotic to his every command, almost obsured. my girlfriends when i would come over. at my feet in a submissive crawl ,i felt so worshiped by her. this little dauchseund we have now.i told my wifes daughter what was up. this dog will not leave her side. its so funny. the absolute depression
this dog experiences when that girl leaves the house. she is at this moment on the couch next to the front door.front paws draped over the arm. staring at the bottom of the door.w/ her ears perked.and she will be
there when that girl walks through the door. great thread f & s.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
An N-95 respirator mask that so many of us probably have lying around due to the flu scare would probably make a good water filter. They'll filter out particles of .3 microns or greater.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
for the parvo i believe gatorade and keflex antibiotic works well too im not sure on the dosage and whatnot lol some knowledge my dad passed on to me awhile back not for sure how accurate it is but when it comes to dogs he knows his stuff

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
does anyone know the pratcality of using lamp power cable as an AED in the incident of cardiac arrest? also what are the symptoms of parvo?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
LOL to the guy who suggested using condoms for water collection devices i guess thats one good thing to come from not getting any...lol i was thinking the cans that held food were tin then i remembered about those sailors in like the arctic circle got like poisoned or something and then started eating each other if i remember correctly or is it they used to use lead? idk lol

From this thread i have the idea of someone mixing a crap load of household chemicals in a jar then just chunking it at a beehive or something then reporting their findings

Isn't it like bleach and comet or something that makes like a deadly gas mixture?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I think we should refraim from discussing what chemicals lead to potentially hazardous materials because A) some body may try it and unintentionaly hurt them selfs and others, or B) Someone may use that information to intentialy hurt some one, either way I think the discussion on such dangerous materials to be unappropiate. As far as explorers and lead, yes the cans that they stored thier food in did contain led but I don't believe it was led poisoning the drove people to canabalism.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Cans, referred to as 'tinned' by some folks were and are 'tinned' steel. The tin coating is to prevent rust.

Lead-based solder was used at one time on cans. Further, old pewter had a very high lead content as well.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Rags can be soaked in urine then dried to create slower burning whicks. they don't compare to candles. There was even once a in some older cultures when there was tax on urine to profide enough slow burning fuses to make practical match lock weapons for large armies.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Here is one good example to take if your in a waterless situation, all you need is a cup or plastic container, some form of cloth (ripped of your shirt even, regular cloth, even tissues ) a large bowl or container (any reservori) that is taller and bigger than the cup, and a water containing source (blood, piss, salt water etc.)
So here is how you do it, it has to be sunny or at least day, can't be done at night when it is cold and dark. Ever heard of evaporation, and condensation?
Ok, put bowl on flat service in direct sunlight, put cup in bowl, put water containing impurities in bowl, around the cup and make it not fill over the cup, put the cloth over the bowl, covering the whole thing. Just leave that out and wait, peak in occasionaly, and when you see a good amount of water is in the small cup type thing.
There is a science, the sun heat evaporates the water from the water source carrying it up and it then is absorbed in the cloth, after that, it become liquid again and drips back down, some of it going back to the source, the other water in the cup. So this is just a sort of tab to remember.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
So this topic is about Nuclear falllout n shiznitz right?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by T_Clem

there is a great way to use condoms for water collection, requirement are simple. Bottle, clean condom and water source (piss, blood, polluted water, sea water). Steps are simple.
fill Condom with water source, then the top of the condom should sort of connect to the bottle, lay the connected condom filled with liquid down in sunlight and the bottle upright next to it, they should be connected.

sorta should look like an alembic.
Well thats it. Water should fill in the wbottle

[edit on 30-6-2009 by unclekrabz]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

have you read my suggestions on how to make water safe?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

And if you dont have one a bandana even though less effective will work to the same effect.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

may sound odd, but instead of a coffee filter, experiment with one of those respirator masks, i myself have never tryed, nut some are as fine as 0.5

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This may seem a bit of topic, but this is sorta relevant. Who of you have one of those archer sports crossbows, because my brother has one.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by unclekrabz

It's called a solar still, works better with a sheet of plastic wrather then cloth.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Don't forget to check out my thread your friend the garbage bag. If I have more time I will this for other basic household items. This list is truly endless.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join