It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pirate Bay retrial call rejected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Pirate Bay retrial call rejected

news.bbc.co.uk

A Swedish court has thrown out a request for a retrial by the four men behind The Pirate Bay website.

The four were found guilty of promoting copyright infringement in April and face jail sentences and hefty claims for damages.

The Pirate Bay's lawyers called for a retrial when it emerged that one of the judges in the case belonged to several copyright protection groups.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It seems although the judge in the original case was affiliated with numerous media groups there which obviously could have impaired his judgment when considering this case there will be no retrial, how exactly can the people who decide if there will be a retrial or not not see that there was an obvious conflict of interest? or is this just another case of the people in power being bought off by the big corporations?

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Justice is not going to be served.Thepiratebay is a search engine...if they can be charged for promoting copyright infringement so can google.Type titanic torrent or whatever into google and look...promoting copyright infringment.Complete and utter sham!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm in complete and total agreement. But ....

Unfortunately in the Pirate Bay's case, the source of the information is stored on their servers. Or else they'd be after Google as well.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
On that topic, if this is what the future holds then it's time to ramp up the tech a bit and function as a search engine that simply masks the source of the torrents.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Its just another attempt to put a nail in the coffin that is the internet. Too bad they think that this is stoppable. Even if they regulate it and shut it down. We still have the know how to make personal servers via lan lines wireless networks and what not.

There will always be an internet, there will always be free information. Atleast it appears to be possible.

We'll see what happens.

It's too bad the the pirate bay was nailed. It's only a matter of time before this becomes coomon place. As TPTB move into place to try and control us even more.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by toraylin]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Like my sig says, You can only use the law against those below it. Not those above it.

These guys will eventually be killed off, or put away and destroyed mentally.

Can't have a misbehaving "Freedom rally" caller

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
Its just another attempt to put a nail in the coffin that is the internet. Too bad they think that this is stoppable. Even if they regulate it and shut it down. We still have the know how to make personal servers via lan lines wireless networks and what not.

There will always be an internet, there will always be free information. Atleast it appears to be possible.

We'll see what happens.

It's too bad the the pirate bay was nailed. It's only a matter of time before this becomes coomon place. As TPTB move into place to try and control us even more.

If you truly believe there will always be free information and internet, you are going to be greatly disappointed.

It wasn't created so citizens could talk to one another and have fun and learn! It was created as a vein to transfer wealth, "Global political influence" to increase the speed of profit from fraudulent securities.

They charged almost EVERY American a monthly fee which eventually always end up in the Bank, to use your FREE resource.

Now that the economy is shrinking, there is no use of the internet. Not only because it is not bringing in revenues foolishly expected by the elite, but because military wise, it is a liability.

They are using Iran out of many other reasons I don't care to mention, to learn the loop holes in the net system to perfect it when it happens here.

aaah..Secret Intelligence uses every opportunity to tighten the noose.

Look for Twitter and Facebook and myspace to be completely taken over my the Net Czar, you will only see what they want you to see then.

Perhaps the Government can create an "underground" site, masked to appear from concerned underground citizens to disperse disinformation. Giving the people a false sense of organization. You might be actually talking to yourself...and one agent handling multiple ALiases.............imagine that?

You're internet days, which made you forget about how HARD it really was to find the truth in the early 30's, is about to be finished.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by juzchilln]

[edit on 26-6-2009 by juzchilln]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hey hows it going. There will always be free information. Hard or not to find its always available.

What i meant was there would always be internet. Not free internet, neccesarily.

Or atleast a network. Perhaps run by a lan system or a wireless network. I'm sure someone somewhere would try to start an underground. Im' prolly sure there is something like that now.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Judge on the take, Judge on the take.
Don't know the rest of the Wings song but sure
think I could set up some more rhymes for this case.

The Illuminati can't be beat.
Some one could have told them but what you don't know
can be a problem at times.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
Hey hows it going. There will always be free information. Hard or not to find its always available.

What i meant was there would always be internet. Not free internet, neccesarily.

Or atleast a network. Perhaps run by a lan system or a wireless network. I'm sure someone somewhere would try to start an underground. Im' prolly sure there is something like that now.

Peace.

We'll just have to disagree on that one. Even the underground 'net' needs existing infrastructure to work. I doubt this can be bypassed.

They learned alot from Iran. Won't happen here in the states, TPTB are much more tech savy.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by juzchilln

Well really i am with you. I know how bad it is. Aswell you could say this is more wishful thinking.

Really any type of underground network made in the way i suggested would be very limited at best. The Powers That Be have been working hard to regulate and get rid of the net since it got out of hand (their hands)

At any rate. I do know how hard it is even now to find real truth.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

It seems although the judge in the original case was affiliated with numerous media groups there which obviously could have impaired his judgment when considering this case there will be no retrial, how exactly can the people who decide if there will be a retrial or not not see that there was an obvious conflict of interest? or is this just another case of the people in power being bought off by the big corporations?

news.bbc.co.uk

That sounds like a serious conflict of interest, but now we have to wonder if the judge hearing the request for a retrial may be similarly biased?

I wonder if they will keep running the site while they are in jail?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Whatever happens, as Pirate Bay said themselves, there will always be someone else to pick up where they left off. I really want the guys at PB to get a retrial, they deserve it. Until those companys start charging reasonable prices for music and DVD's i will continue to get them from other sources.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Sweden is the most backward judical system I've ever seen for a supposedly democratic country. It's probably all about the money. Reminds me of the French.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The Pirate Bay to Sue Sweden for Human Rights Violations!

Today the Swedish Appeal Court decided that the judge who handled the Pirate Bay trial was not biased, despite his membership of several pro-copyright organizations. In true Pirate Bay style spokesman Peter Sunde responded full force, and says they are ready to sue Sweden for human rights violations. pirate bayThere will be no retrial for The Pirate Bay, the Appeal Court decided today. According to the Court the judge was not biased based on the requirements of the European Convention, a decision that can’t be appealed.

More at source link!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It's not just services like Pirate bay that are being attacked. Here in the US they are trying to pass what they are calling 'The Performance Tax"! Every time a record or any part of a music score is played they intend to tax each and every one as a single unit. It will bankrupt most of the commercial radio stations. No one will want to pay the extra tax that will be passed on to advertisers so they will stop using radio and the spiral will continue. Once again complete control of another of our publicly owned services!
Zindo

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by toraylin

I think that background picture in your Avatar is the same picture I used for one of my Manbird12000 ufo videos called "of the third kind..." hehe

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by juzchilln

Hahaha thats cool.This pic is getting to be a bit old actually. I like it cause of the dead/dark forest feel to it.

For sake of being on topic. I hear the lawyer representing the four pirates is going make a move to sue Sweden for violation of their human rights(i think its human rights).

new topics

top topics

join