It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Urges His Flock to Bring Guns to Church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Pastor Urges His Flock to Bring Guns to Church

www.nytimes.com

Ken Pagano, the pastor of the New Bethel Church here, is passionate about gun rights. He shoots regularly at the local firing range, and his sermon two weeks ago was on “God, Guns, Gospel and Geometry.” And on Saturday night, he is inviting his congregation of 150 and others to wear or carry their firearms into the sanctuary to “celebrate our rights as Americans!” as a promotional flier for the “open carry celebration” puts it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Although I don't condone violence, I do condone self protection under the law and constitution. I also remember a time back in our history when over 85% of American's attended church services with firearms strapped to their waste. So Although I know their will always be those who object to the use and the right to carry firearms I hope to provoke a open dialogue between members. Just a thought, the outlawing of weapons will honestly only allow outlaws to posess them!

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Define search?

Search is a tool used to find a particular article that could possibly be posted on a forum such as ATS. For more info on this Search feature please click the 10th icon in the menu bar,

Have a nice day... oh and posted already.

Gun-loving pastor to his flock: Piece be with you

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I see that you are correct and the stories are identical, but the nytimes link the OP posted was only published on 06/25/09, so I don't blame him for not searching that one!

Blame the NY Times for publishing something a month late as usual!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Define search?

Umm, I did search this thread prior to posting it.. I guess the headline wasn't indentical and am sorry that it bothered you so much that you missed the message and the point of the story. I could see that you believe in the right to carry arms but only to shoot messangers. Great post and I truly apologies for the mistake.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Have a nice day... oh and posted already.

Gun-loving pastor to his flock: Piece be with you

Please use the existing thread for discussion.
Thread closed.

top topics

join