It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

seances are they a good idea and help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
tomorrow me and my friends are going to do a seance to see what we can get.

is this a good idea and and has anyone got any hints tips or websites they might know that would help us with it.

there are going to be about 10 of us doing the seance.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
the only advice i can give is that it doesnt work.

if you do get it to work, i suggest you contact the james randi foundation. you can get a million dollars.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Seances are usually connected with the dead. Wherin the individual or group of people get together and try to communicate with the dead.

In general practice this can involve asking questions. Trying to seek certain individuals or whatnot.

The key of practicing open communication has been around for many years. Many forms of meditations are present in several teachings of communication.

At all times there are numerous energy waves and signals being transferred to and from us, from the surrounding environment and other people, animals and many other sources.

Take radio signals and satellite transfers for instance. These are signals being sent through the air from a certain point to another or many.

Think of the way we communicate with the world around us much like this. When we hear, see or touch something, signals are being sent to our brain or from our brain to our senses and the information is then used to create this world and reality that we perceive.

Now in this line of thinking, our minds and bodies are input/output points kinda like a satellite dish or a radio tower.

What you are trying to do in a seance is open up your channels in a way or so to say your ability to send and recieve energy and information out into the surrounding world/realms that are said to exsist within the grasp of our perception
but not within our everyday abilities. Atleast for some.

So the best thing to do is learn about your minds capabilities and opening the third eye/minds perception.

There are many threads on ats about this subject im sure maybey you could search and find the answers you are looking for.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by toraylin]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
the only advice i can give is that it doesnt work.

if you do get it to work, i suggest you contact the james randi foundation. you can get a million dollars.

Depending on what you do it can work. I've done a few with concrete results, contacted Randi and he said he would be interested. Except I didn't want the money or to be on TV and gave him all the instructions on how replicate it himself but he wasn't willing.

I'll post a technique that has always worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------
What you will need: At least 2 people, two sheets of paper, a pen, and a few squares of toilette paper(3 or more).

How to prepare: Draw the Star of David with a circle around it on one sheet of paper, use the other to tear or cut three rectangular strips to roll up and make cigarette like cylinders. Flatten these cylinders out and write, "yes" on the first, "no" on the second, and "maybe" on the third.

How to play: These answers must each be placed in the center of a square of toilette paper, fold it over and roll it up starting at the end where the answer is resting. Like placing your index finger in one hand, closing that hand and rolling it starting from your knuckles.

Now place each of the three answers in the star on a different side of one of the triangles that makes up the Star of David, they should form one of the triangles. Now you are ready to play.

Sit around the star with whoever you are playing with, one of you needs to be the leader. Everyone must hold hands. While everyone is holding hands they must close their eyes. To start the leader will first attract a spirit. He will ask "Spirit Spirit are you with us, yes no or maybe?" as he asks this or any other question the others must be thinking yes yes yes ... continuously in their head until the process is over. After he has asked any question the leader must also join in on thinking yes yes yes ... repeatedly, saying it in your head.

After about 10 seconds everyone can open their eyes, the leader or whoever can then slowly unroll each of the answers to see if a response was received. You will know if the response has occurred because the cylinder will have moved out of the fold. Imagine your index finger in the center of your closed hand, it is now strangely resting on your knuckles.

If you don't get an answer immediately continue asking if it is with you until you do, it never took more than 5 tries for me. Once it is there you can ask it any question that can be answered with a yes no or maybe in the form "Spirit Spirit, (insert question), yes no or maybe?" The process is always the same for everyone else.

If you do try it out an it works for you let me know. Just seeing that answer where it is not supposed to be is mind boggling. I was told that anyone who is present must participate or it won't work, also no cameras or it won't work. After you get this to work do feel free to try and it get it to work on camera. James Randi would be willing to put his million dollars on the line.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

Well no, it isn't a 'good idea'. A good idea would be not to bother.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
OP:

Tomorrow me and my friends are going to do a seance to see what we can get

My opinion this is a very, very bad idea.

Things will be great if it goes well, probably better if nothing happens.

Question:
Will you know how to handle the situation if something unexpected happens? Do your friends have the experience and wisdom to know how to "put something back" and when it's better to end the session?

Even experienced, seasoned knowldedgable psychics get into situations that need to be "Put away", stopped and have the wisdom to know the difference.

Will you all be protected? Will you have enough spiritual protection? Are you sure?
What if months later you begin nightmares and/or weird things begin happening which terrify you?

Psychic things should be treated both seriously and respectfully, not as an evening of entertainment which is only asking for trouble
I am speaking from experience, I used to do what you are doing a lot.

With that said, I wish you and your friends a safe and peaceful evening.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
HELL NO! Assuming it is anything like a ouiji board. Way back when me and 3 friends played around with one in a field near 15 foot diameter wateringhole and 5 minutes in it started moving on its own without anyone touching it at all and not in just one direction either. The waterhole started to bubble and that was that for me as far as messing with spirits is concerned or the dead. UH UH No way no how should you risk it. Once you enter that world you are never the same and I swear ever since I am constantly being screwed with by something from the other side and not violently like some but just the same its no fun.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Once you enter that world you are never the same and I swear ever since I am constantly being screwed with by something from the other side (Snip)

That is good advice to listen to from personal experience.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
From what I've heard based on the opinions on ATS, having a seance is about as good an idea as going into a shower in prison without roping your soap.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
As with all things of an occult nature ... zero incontrovertible proof or evidence exists that "seances" have any basis in reality or fact.
So are they "a good idea and help" is basically a meaningless question.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

I have lot of advice.1. Don't do it - but you already have.

Get right away from there.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I have studied the occult and "magick" my entire life and I can safely say seances DO NOT DO ANYTHING if you don't beileve in that they'll do anything. The same is with most magick and most rituals (although seances are not "magick" and arent really a ritual).

I have studied this stuff for a very long time and I don't believe in ANY of it and not once have I ever had ANY kind of paranormal experience connected to any of this...

I've done probably about 10 seances or so and all the ones I've done all of us were non believers going into it, and nothing happened. BUT we werent sitting there telling ourselves nothing was going to happen, we did the seance with open minds.

I've also done lots of experiments with quiji (spelling) boards and I've also done lots of experiments with lots of different spells from a lot of different magic traditions... and NONE OF IT DOES ANYTHING!!!!

What I'm getting at is this is all pscyhological, if you think something is going to happen, and all of you guys think that, something will happen. But it is your guys' minds making whatever is happening happen (the mind is a VERY VERY VERY VERY powerful thing).

I also am NOT saying I don't believe in ghosts or anything, because as matter of fact I do, I just personally think ghosts ARE NOT dead human spirits like people think they are. I think ghosts are entire different entities (although I don't think they are demonic either, like a lot of people do). But although I believe in them, I've never had ANY kind of experience with them either.

And I'm not religious whatsoever by the way. I've noticed most the people who disagree with me are usually religous people, well don't even respond to me... because I don't buy a WORD you guys say (especially christians/catholics).

[edit on 28-6-2009 by The7thSeer]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well if you have gone through with it I for one would like to know how it went, as I am sure some others here would too. So let us know how it went, hope nothing bad happened to you.

Zetetic_of_Truth

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Since you probably went through this already I will still voice my opinion on the matter. I personally think that you shouldn't do a seance if you aren't prepared properly on how to close that door once you open it. Just like anything, once you open that door things you may not want to come through will.

Hope all went well with it and nothing happened that was bad.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

hope this helps.

top topics

join