It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

freaking out over a half remembered poem

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I'm most likly being paranoid here but this is realy freaking me out.
firstly in the last few months i've started remembering a series of abduction experinces, and am still sorting through those. but i was sitting watching tv and a tune that sounded like something from a childrens poem and the word 'they come when you are sleeping' poped into my head.

i seriously freaked out as the tune seemed familiar and i had heard it some were before. it may be I'm just remembering a poem i read before and i think its about dreams or nightmare or something.

I'm not doing this to try and freak people out and i'm sorry if it does but if anyone knows of a poem that has that line in it could they let me know, it would certianly help me feel better.

Thanx.




posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
"they come when you are sleeping"
could be..
"He comes when you are sleeping, he comes when you are awake, he comes when you are bad or good so be good for goodness sake"..

And the melody as you hear as a child...
Christmas Music =)

Just my take on it, if it helped. =)



posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good
 


yeah, i thought of that but thats not the tune. unfortunatly it hard to write what music sounds like something calming if that makes any sense??? i don't think its a main steam poem.



posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RokNinja
I'm most likly being paranoid here but this is realy freaking me out.
firstly in the last few months i've started remembering a series of abduction experinces, and am still sorting through those. but i was sitting watching tv and a tune that sounded like something from a childrens poem and the word 'they come when you are sleeping' poped into my head.

i seriously freaked out as the tune seemed familiar and i had heard it some were before. it may be I'm just remembering a poem i read before and i think its about dreams or nightmare or something.

I'm not doing this to try and freak people out and i'm sorry if it does but if anyone knows of a poem that has that line in it could they let me know, it would certianly help me feel better.

Thanx.


I dont know the poem but from what you have written it sounds like a warped version of a santa poem as the poster above me mentioned.

Goggle says no.


This popped into my head while reading your post....







[edit on 26-6-2009 by XXXN3O]



posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
lol cool vid


what i remembered was proberly some crapy poem i was forced to read when i was in high school anyways. i couldn't find any thing i a search and i can't even remember the tune any more so i guess i was just over reacting.

sorry to bother you guys.



posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RokNinja
lol cool vid


what i remembered was proberly some crapy poem i was forced to read when i was in high school anyways. i couldn't find any thing i a search and i can't even remember the tune any more so i guess i was just over reacting.

sorry to bother you guys.


Bet you'll freak out now in another ten years in a fairground somewhere


Your memory of that event might be a bit off if you were high



posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
hmmm...now im intrigued as to what it is. i couldnt find anything so im making it up
so far i have
they come when you are sleeping
they'll kill you with a rake
you know theyll even kill your dog
so you better stay awake



sorry. but i cant get that line out of my head!!!!
GAH! its a curse! you are evil!



posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Maybe you were thinking of Freddy Kruger's song from Nightmare on Elm Street?

"1, 2, Freddy's coming for you,
3, 4, lock your door,
5, 6, grab your crucifix,
7, 8, better stay up late,
9, 10, never sleep again"


He comes for you when you're sleeping...




posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
hmmm...now im intrigued as to what it is. i couldnt find anything so im making it up
so far i have
they come when you are sleeping
they'll kill you with a rake
you know theyll even kill your dog
so you better stay awake



sorry. but i cant get that line out of my head!!!!
GAH! its a curse! you are evil!


Ill add to that if you dont mind....

they come when you are sleeping
they'll kill you with a rake
you know theyll even kill your dog
so you better stay awake
he comes when you are bad or good
so be good for goodness sake
for Santa claus is coming to town

Wow, totally reveals itself huh


Santa the evil killer with the rake for goodness sake


I have not found a topic thats made me laugh for some time.

Thanks to the OP for posting this and ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
for filling in the missing words




[edit on 26-6-2009 by XXXN3O]



posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Made me think of this song...

When I look up to the skies
I see your eyes a funny kind of yellow
I rush home to bed I soak my head
I see your face underneath my pillow
I wake next morning, tired, still yawning
See your face come peeping through my window

Pictures of matchstick men and you
Mirages of matchstick men and you
All I ever see is them and you

Windows echo your reflection
When I look in their direction now
When will this haunting stop?
Your face it just wont leave me alone

Pictures of matchstick men and you
Mirages of matchstick men and you
All I ever see is them and you

Youre in the sky and with the sky
You make men cry, you lie
Youre in the sky and with the sky
You make men cry, you lie

Pictures of matchstick men and
Pictures of matchstick men and you
Pictures of matchstick men ....



posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY
 


WOO! ozzy. i love that song


and XXXN3O, i think you and i should go into the recording business together.

we would have the best christmas music ever written. (not counting the HPL tabernacle)

im waiting for OP to return and determine that our song is the one he was thinking of.



posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I wouldnt worry about you remembering poems and shizz. I do performing arts at college and one of the exersises we did was clear our minds and write down anything that poped up. Some pretty weird stuff we got lol my mate got something like "in 1979 i buirded my favorite son" my other mate got the moonpiigg song thing lol



posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteMagicWoman
 


Yeah, i think thats what i was thinking of. lol
that guy was scary.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join