It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter shooting innocent?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I just heard in the news of a movie found here on the net, about a helicopter shooting some iraqi people.. They are supposed to be doing nothing, until the chopper starts to fire. Then they try to seek shelter, but get shot to pieces..

Anyone have a link to this movie? Id like to see it.

And feel free to lock this if the subject has already been brought up, tried to search but didnt find anything!

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Here's the story on it:
Journalism.co.uk story

And the video clip here:
kendo21.s35.xrea.com...

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
There were news of a new video clip, apparently very recent, showing a similar incident. I don't know the location yet.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
And here is a link to the full avi version which better explains why they were sent on thier way

resistance.chiffonrouge.org...

Avi file is at bottom

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   

When he rolls out from under the truck, one of the pilots says, "He's wounded."

The other pilot says, "Hit him," and the Apache opens fire again, killing the man.

When I was in Iraq, they told us we couldn't 'double-tap'. Meaning, if you shoot a guy, and he falls to the ground wounded, you can't walk up to him and shoot him dead, unless he was still trying to kill you. Once he is wounded and not a threat, and you kill him, it's murder. I'm not saying that those pilots were in the wrong, I don't know the rules for pilots. I'm asking if anyone knows why the rules are different for pilots rather than the people on the ground. I'm not bashing the pilots, I'm just curious as to why the rules are different.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
"good old fun"

trigger happy i guess

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Who cares. They obviously deserved what they got. Pilot's don't just go around shooting people...

Mr. M

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
They had a missle looking rod and looked very suspicious. They defenitely weren't innocent and the helicopter had been tracking them for miles allegedly.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Starchild, nobody deservs to die like a dog.....one of them was wounded, not a threat to the pilots....this is cold murder.
This just shows how the US troops "respect" the iraq civilians!!

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Yup, the 'personnel' that were involved at the truck/car rendevous
were clearly try to hide a loaded RPG Launcher in the field, to be
used for a future convoy attack. "Clear, SMOKE 'EM"
Can anyone tell how far away the Apache would have been from
the targets, 'cause it seems to in a stationary hover.
Very impressive.
Sanc'.

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by sanctum]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joe Cat
Starchild, nobody deservs to die like a dog.....one of them was wounded, not a threat to the pilots....this is cold murder.

BOO HOO...

I'm sure the innocent people in the WTC felt the same way.

# 'em... They brought it upon themselves. Good riddents.

Mr. M

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
BOO HOO...

Mr. M

I concur with Mr M.

They were the enemy, whom you try kill in a war.

Not sure why people have a problem with this?

Is it better to have let them shoot back at our guys before they got "smoked?" I don't think so.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

So did the 4 guys that got roasted, drug through the city and hung on a bridge deserve it?

Some US military may commit some stupid acts, but compared to other encounters I have seen, and compared to the way other para military groups treat thier prisoners and wounded, and considering the stress they are under IE not knowing if that friendly kid who is waving at you will blow your head off, I think they are doing a hell of a job just staying alive.
But the biggest question here is ----were you there? Alll we have seen is footage that somehow made it onto the net (the helicopter) We can't sit here and say they were civilians because we were not there.

I don't hear anyone complaining about the 6 people that were tortured beaten and raped

Libya sentences 6 Bulgarian medics to death

"The suspects have said they were jolted with electricity, beaten with sticks and repeatedly jumped on while strapped to their beds. Two of the women said they were raped."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Are different standards applied to different people?

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   

They were trying to load a weapon to be used against American troops I'd imagine. Taking them out was their job and they made the right move. This is what happens when you go to war, people die.

The US troops saw what was going on, received permission to attack the Iraqis who were trying to load an RPG and I believe it to be the right decision. Not to mention, I think they individuals lose the title of "civillians" while performing those types of actions.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
So...let me try to understand your way of thinking, over 3.000 deads in the WTC gives the right to americans to kill anyone they want??!?!
Where's the proof that Saddam was involved in 911?? It seems that theres any proof......but that doesnt matter....US needs iraq oil...so you can kill who ever stands in your away.....

OK it's your way of thinking....i have to respect that!

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Originally posted by StarChild
BOO HOO...

Mr. M

I concur with Mr M.

They were the enemy, whom you try kill in a war.

Not sure why people have a problem with this?

Is it better to have let them shoot back at our guys before they got "smoked?" I don't think so.

And i do! 3 of them dead, compared to the truck load of people that RPG may or may not have been aimed at! And to Sanctum, the Copter was at a stationery hover strafing... the bullets comin from the mini gun are something like 8" long apparently... just a bit of random trivia from my behalf

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Joe Cat, are we talking about the same vid'. I can mail you the mpeg
(55mb) i've got. They were not civilians, they were combatants.
Sanc'.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

So...let me try to understand your way of thinking, over 3.000 deads in the WTC gives the right to americans to kill anyone they want??!?!
Where's the proof that Saddam was involved in 911?? It seems that theres any proof......but that doesnt matter....US needs iraq oil...so you can kill who ever stands in your away.....

OK it's your way of thinking....i have to respect that!

I have a feeling you aren't going to change your opinions no matter what we say, so I will try and leave it alone after this.

-- The helicopter was tracking these men
-- The men had a huge truck
-- They were seen acting very suspicious with an RPG
-- This is war, and they carried out a mission
-- These men were not innocent

Let me ask you this, what do you think we should've done? I mean seriously, leaving them alone would be the equivalent of letting somebody load up a gun, pull back the trigger, place it to your head and count down from 3. When are you supposed to tell them you've had enough and put a stop to it?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

No, the right of self defense gave them the right to kill those people in the video.

It's a good thing we have all that oil now, maybe prices will drop back below $2 a gallon soon?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
you can call them freedom fighters if you prefer.......
I wasn't questioning the dead of the first 2, im questioning the need to kill a wounded man....
i wasnt there but neither were you guys there....
so u cant say for sure it was a RPG...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join