It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qantas cancels 15 Boeing 787 orders, defers 15 others

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
www.flightglobal.com...

This is the first major cancellation for the next generation medium-range widebody, and comes days after Boeing announced another delay to the first flight of the aircraft due to design issues

will this be the start? Qatar alirlines are also seriously unhappy with boeing

[edit on 26/6/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This could be more about economics that just Qantas being unhappy with Boeing.

Remember the delays with Airbus's A380. While delivery have been impacted, airlines are still using the plane.

And of course, if I were the buyer at either Qantas and Qatar Airlines, I would have had get out clauses in the contracts in the event of delays.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Qantas Airways has cancelled orders for 15 Boeing 787-9s and deferred the delivery of 15 787-8s to reduce capital expenditure amid a challenging operating environment.www.flightglobal.com...

Im not surprised but this seems to hav ebeen mroe for financial issues as opposed to being pissed at Boeing. Qatar is making noises for concessions which Boing so far has not offered.

I think both the 787 and the A350 are going to lose some orders because Airlines are still feeling the economic hit and the credit market remains uncertain.

One buyer that may still have issues is ILFC as its still mired in the AIG debacle.

new topics

join