It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feel like your life is on "standby" until 2012?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercuryae

Excuse me J*ckA**....are you poking fun at me? Let me tell ya something, I do worry about what needs to be done and I take care of my business. Dont make me sound like a bad mother because IM WORRIED THE WORLD MIGHT END.....Geez what a terrible mom I MUST BE!!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
stargazer glad your still on here, been a while

Anyways i def. feel like my life is on standby till 2012, i just want to grow old and raise kids. Is that too much to ask?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
no, theres just way too much crap horrible going on right now than that date.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I remember reading a couple of articals on the Montauk Project. What really caught my eye was they say thier was no way to see clearly a tangible future beyond 2012. The reason why I am pointing this out is that I always try to believe that no matter what the situation is, nothing is absolute until the end. If the world was to be destroyed, how will you save the world from destruction? If thier is nothing you can do to change the fact that the world will be destroyed? How can you save yourself and/or others? For me these questions can give me some anxiety, a tad bit of fear (fear of the unknown dramatic future if it happens) and some sadness for what will come.

I cant say I want to stand still and wait for the hammer to strike. So I can only take one step one day at a time and see what happens or change what I can for the better. For one thing I am taking a better appreciation of the more simple things in life.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
to the OP:
Young lady, please don't plan your life around whether or not peril awaits your family. Peril awaits us all.
Love is what makes life worth living, for a day, for a lifetime. No love equals the love of offspring.
It's scientific.
Now then,
Those in the "know" on the subject of 2012 are all in agreement: the Mayan long count calendar cycles to an end.
That is all.
The rest is speculative and despite being able to believe whatever you like, only the existence of the calendar is fact. I've heard all the theories, I booked the day off and my survival kit was ready anyway, but I'm not buying anyone really could tell you anything, nor should they.
There is, however, the possibility of self fulfilling prophecy by we humans.
We all, myself included, must take care not to think the most horrible set of circumstances into reality.
I believe it also wise to not commit the error of allowing the same circumstances to be created by others.
Our inability to do this makes any undoing our own fault
In short: In my, not so humble opinion, I shall attempt to summarize:
Love is good.
Babies are good.
Be aware of reality,
imagine the future you want,
do not imagine the future you don't want.
Appreciate the mystery!
See you on the other side...
And

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I have similar feeling. After all the information i have read and seen and still not sure what will happen but am convinced something will happen. As difficult as it is we must just keep on moving on. I have always been terrible at making plans and have spent my entire life drifting from place to place, with no real base or home. I am now involved in a long term relationship and am thinking about getting married but like you, cant help but feel that i should wait.

I guess in some respect you have to ask who knows what will necessarily happen tomorrow let alone 2012, so we must keep moving on.

Peace

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Whatever happens in 2012 is going to happen because the world has built up to a breaking point...it isnt going to be something spontaneous or out of the blue (like a surprise armageddon from a yet unseen comet/planet). In my opinion, 2012 is going to be a change in mindset of the people...we're going to reach a ccertain point...somethings going to hit the fan, and we'll drastically change out view on the world. The way i see it is if you survive the events to take place before that date, then 2012 will only be the light at the end of the tunnel. You shouldnt live your life in hesitation because of something that may or may not happen. What would it be like if 2012 arrived and it WAS the end of the world and you had never experienced any of the things (like starting a family as you mentioned) that you had hesitated to do for the past four years because you were afraid? I for one wouldnt want to have any regrets at a time like that...especially if i was about to potentially face my death.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join