It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change User name or.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I was wondering if i could maybe change my user name? If i cant, maybe i could make a new profile and transfer all my old account posts and threads and points to my new account. Or should i just go ahead and make a new and have this one deleted?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
You can't transfer anything over to a new name..

We also don't "delete" usernames..

What you can do is start a new one and let us know and we can "Ban" the one your using now to make sure you don't get into any trouble by accidentally posting with two accounts...

If that's what you want to do, create your new account, shoot me a U2U with your new name and I'll take it from there..

Semper

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well, this is a shame......The original user name I wanted was denied because someone else had it. Yet I NEVER see any posts by that person and figure they are no longer active. So the user name I waqnted goes to the way side.,,,

Is there no way to delete user names of people who are not active after a decided period of time??

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Champagne

Is there no way to delete user names of people who are not active after a decided period of time??

The short being simply, no.

One reason being that we've had members return after years of not posting on the boards.
Work. School. University. Life Issues, etc.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Also if they delete a whole user, you get holes where there used to be threads and posts which affected other members.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I thought post and threads remained even if the member was banned?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I thought post and threads remained even if the member was banned?

If they are simply banned, their threads and posts will remain. However, if a member was deleted completely (as in removed from the database) their posts and threads would to become non-existent.

top topics

join