It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug companies getting away with celebrities deaths RIP Micheal Jackson

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
As someone who has endured excruciating pain because of serious injury on numerous occasions, I can tell you that if you find yourself in such a condition you would be very happy to have drugs like morphine, meperidine, codeine, and other narcotics at your disposal.

The side effects of these drugs are well known and that's why they are controlled substances.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Q: Why was there no food left after the monster party?
A: Because they were a goblin.

As the old saying goes question everything, believe nothing.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I think that if there weren't prescription drugs, most if not all drug overdoses would still occur from other means. Artists have been overdosing for millennia.

Maybe not, though. Pharmaceutics are easily available and many are highly toxic.Heavy concoctions are likely much more detrimental than previous drugs. Heroine addicts generally know not to mix uppers in. Many people today are taking uppers to start the day, and downers to slow them down at night, for example.

In the end, it's up to each individual to decide what he puts in himself. He's responsible for that. It doesn't excuse the unethical behavior of the pharmaceutical industry. Many are dying daily from their poison. Why does this become such an issue when a celebrity dies?

At the very least, people need to educate their selves into the evils of BigPharma. If we don't accept their products, they will die out! I haven't been to the doctor in over 6 years. If I became Ill the last option would be pharmaceuticals. There always seems to be a better more natural way.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I think that if there weren't prescription drugs, most if not all drug overdoses would still occur from other means. Artists have been overdosing for millennia.

Maybe not, though. Pharmaceutics are easily available and many are highly toxic.Heavy concoctions are likely much more detrimental than previous drugs. Heroine addicts generally know not to mix uppers in. Many people today are taking uppers to start the day, and downers to slow them down at night, for example.

In the end, it's up to each individual to decide what he puts in himself. He's responsible for that. It doesn't excuse the unethical behavior of the pharmaceutical industry. Many are dying daily from their poison. Why does this become such an issue when a celebrity dies?

At the very least, people need to educate their selves into the evils of BigPharma. If we don't accept their products, they will die out! I haven't been to the doctor in over 6 years. If I became Ill the last option would be pharmaceuticals. There always seems to be a better more natural way.

If we feed into the desire for the evil corporations to die out then that would only further fuel their dominance over us. As we do however think less of them the more we get what we dont want. It is these drug companies who need to play fair and allow for healing rather then cutting out their competition. We need the truth for our quality of life to succeed in all areas. They have families just as we do. So if they want a better life for their family then they need to give as much as they take back. Meaning that we have families to and would only want whats best for our families as much as they do.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Applesandoranges

Originally posted by unityemissions

If we feed into the desire for the evil corporations to die out then that would only further fuel their dominance over us. As we do however think less of them the more we get what we dont want.

Sorry, but I don't buy this in the least! My ability to discern their wickedness and rightfully wish for their demise can only strengthen my integrity of mind. In doing so, I boycott their products and speak out against their evil nature. What's so wrong with that? How does this give pharmaceutics dominance over me? If you mean that I spend some of my time and energy in this process, then yes...I choose to. I find it worthy of my time.

It is these drug companies who need to play fair and allow for healing rather then cutting out their competition. We need the truth for our quality of life to succeed in all areas. They have families just as we do. So if they want a better life for their family then they need to give as much as they take back.

Agreed.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

I think we need to get something straight especially to all those people who say they work in hospitals and support Demerol. Micheal Jackson made a song in 1997 called Morphine here are the lyrics:

Before I put it in
Close your eyes and count to ten
Don't cry
I won't convert you
There's no need to dismay
Close your eyes and drift away

Demerol
Demerol
Oh God he's taking demerol
Demerol
Demerol

He's tried
Hard to convince her
To be over what he had
Today he wants it twice as bad
Don't cry
I won't resent you
Yesterday you had his trust
Today he's taking twice as much

Demerol
Demerol
Demerol
Demerol

So that was in 1997 but he started his drugs probably since the late '80's because of his plastic surgery which means 20 years he was taking drugs EVERY DAY by enabler physicians ! and pharmicists. Then the physicians upon MJ's request also gave him many other drugs such as Oxicodone and antidepressants. My point is that the physians are at fault here it does not matter what a patient wants it is up to the physician to look at the patient research their drug history (in Canada doctors can search a computer to find every drug presribed and frequency) So it is the physicians fault whether you like it or not. I think something painful happened after his facial surgeries and thats how he got into the drugs.

There needs to be a big investigation of all the physicians over the years who prescribed him these meds. And then he needs a doctor to inject him so I don't belive Dr. Murray saying he didn't give him any Demerol or Oxicodone. Also listen to the 911 call, the guy who called said MJ was on the bed while the Dr was doing CPR, HELLO you don't do CPR on the bed you do it on a hard floor. This Dr has many law suits against him so I would not trust what he says.

So all you should take a good look at the physician enablers. They are the ones to blame. You don't give someone morphine/heroin everday what do these doctors is going to happen to him ?

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Barracuda99]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I really dont feel like this is the drug companys fault. These people do choose to take these drugs on there own, and I understand these drug companies shouldnt be giving away these pills like candy for a little self profit, but its the people who know how dangerous it is to mix these pills and over take them and well, its just self responsability.

If they didnt get them from the doctor, they would find SOMEONE to get them from. A friend, a relative, anyone.

Its really sad to see though and I dont think people understand how easy it is to overdose on anything.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well, weapon manufacturer get away with the death of people.....

But obviously nobody is shocked about that!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GTORick
Demerol has been widey used for 80+ years. The side effects are consistent with any strong narcotic. Most narcotics are natural. Demerol is used as a front line pain medicine in most ER's. Thousands get demerol everyday without incident. The dosages are well known and I would think MJ's personal M.D. would know a good dosage for MJ. More than likely the patient, MJ, had something in his system that the M.D. did not know about. One of MJ's assistants might have given MJ something on the sly that they did not tell MJ or his doctor about.

Yes, thank you for stating this. Demerol is neither new nor safe when abused.

MJ may also have had multiple doctors who didn't know about each other. Barring that, remember that there's no way to keep a man with hundreds of millions (even if its all debt) from abusing himself in any way he may happen to choose.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Sorry I have to disagree, mJ was not in the hospital he was at home and phisicans were giving him what he wanted. It's their fault especially when they knew he was getting worse.

It's not like he was in the hospital from a car accident, he was at home and he was taking this stuff for 12-20 years. Who was giving it to him?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Doube post

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Barracuda99]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
There is evidence to say the drugs demerol are addictive and cause a side effect of heart attacks. Now if drug companies were to supposedly make money of their drugs what a great way to get them on other drugs by giving them great side effects with the first that inturn makes the need for other drugs to address those so called other side effects. I see where the dollars are at and the stupid doctors look at symptoms of those side effects as a need for more different drugs. So yes drug companies do have a part to play as a seemingly filthy scam of both drug companies and doctors making money of drugs.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Why was the doctor doing CPR on the bed? Even the 911 guy on the phone said is MJ on the floor?

Apparently this doctor found Jackson warm and with a pulse he should have put him on the floor to do CPR, something is not right and I don't trust LAPD and their coroners office.

Why didn't the guy who called 911 say it it was MJ? Why did the doctor do CPR on the bed for 45 minutes without calling 911. Folks something is not right.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Some people need these medications.

How about OP if you ever need surgery you take no pain medication during or after surgery, not only will you be in pain you also heal a lot slower as pain can hinder the bodies ability to heal.

It is not the drugs fault, it is not the companies fault.
It is no ones fault as long as the doctor makes the patient fully aware of the medication and the effect and possibility of addiction and the known fact of physical addiction.
There are people who need these drugs on a constant basis who have no history of abuse , to take them off the market would be punishing innocent people, taking away their ability to live a pain free life to actually be able to go out and work and not sit at home on disability, they take away this medication see how much worse our economy becomes.
Right now these are the most effective pain meds and if someone wants to spew their new age agenda with "toxins toxins oh no toxins pain is a manifestation of the mind take a bath in sea salts"..seriously anyone who spews any crap like that has never felt the true torture of chronic pain.
A lot of this is a bunch of people talking and not having a clue as to what they are talking about and follow the propaganda of the news.

MJ CHOOSE to do these drugs, he was an addict, it wasn't really his fault but to a degree it was I am a Drug An Alcohol Counselor I deal with this subject all the time, he was a drug addict, if he wasn't getting it legally he would have got the drugs off the street or substituted them for another substance.
Also there are plenty of people who are on opiate pain medications that live healthy full lives because they do not have the disease and desire of addiction, and if they didn't have that medication they'd be crippled in their beds.

I don't like MJ, I don't care that he died, I feel sorry for his kids.
The two faced media wh%#s and other people are really getting under the skin.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You know, any drug can kill you if you OD on it, not just meperidine. The side effects listed are the side effects which may possibly occur, in practice, with the right dosage the side effects occur very infrequently.

Try looking up paracetamol. you'll find an equally long list of possible side effects and people could die of liver failure if they take too much.

I feel very sorry for Michael Jackson, but the drug is not to blame. It's how the drug was abused that should be looked in to.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

He weighed a 110 pounds and they still gave him opiates and you think thats right? He didn't need to go to the street because many doctors were willing to prescribe him what he wanted (for money i presume) is that good? the patient does not dictate what he wants it up to the doctor what a patient should have and can handle, don't you undertand that? It's not up to the patient MJ it's up to the doctor.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pop_science
Some people need these medications.

How about OP if you ever need surgery you take no pain medication during or after surgery, not only will you be in pain you also heal a lot slower as pain can hinder the bodies ability to heal.

It is not the drugs fault, it is not the companies fault.
It is no ones fault as long as the doctor makes the patient fully aware of the medication and the effect and possibility of addiction and the known fact of physical addiction.
There are people who need these drugs on a constant basis who have no history of abuse , to take them off the market would be punishing innocent people, taking away their ability to live a pain free life to actually be able to go out and work and not sit at home on disability, they take away this medication see how much worse our economy becomes.
Right now these are the most effective pain meds and if someone wants to spew their new age agenda with "toxins toxins oh no toxins pain is a manifestation of the mind take a bath in sea salts"..seriously anyone who spews any crap like that has never felt the true torture of chronic pain.
A lot of this is a bunch of people talking and not having a clue as to what they are talking about and follow the propaganda of the news.

MJ CHOOSE to do these drugs, he was an addict, it wasn't really his fault but to a degree it was I am a Drug An Alcohol Counselor I deal with this subject all the time, he was a drug addict, if he wasn't getting it legally he would have got the drugs off the street or substituted them for another substance.
Also there are plenty of people who are on opiate pain medications that live healthy full lives because they do not have the disease and desire of addiction, and if they didn't have that medication they'd be crippled in their beds.

I don't like MJ, I don't care that he died, I feel sorry for his kids.
The two faced media wh%#s and other people are really getting under the skin.

I changed this as noone deserves to have comments like that as angry as i felt it was not deserved. I ddi suffer from pain and infact healed from it after almost dying from depo provera.
You know what saved me?

No pain medication i went through the pain on my own without taking any pain killers. I was afraid if i took other medication it would be a serious end to my life. I also realised that the side effects caused me to need other therapies which cost me an arm and a leg(x-rays, more drugs, depression medication for life i chose to turn my back on it). It only made me believe they make money of disease. Would i be addicted to depo (no chance).

Had i known to eat raw from nature and cleanse my body i wouldnt have went through months and months of agony and a near death experience. The coming out of my body was a torturess experience for me as i was in darkness(most probably collective conciousness that made me seek Love conciousness and i still have not perfected this feeling). I sort the Love from God to find me a way to heal. Every day i did ask myself what did i do to do deserve this. Then i sort within the answer that i needed to do this to discover what was in front of my face all along self healing from nature.

Now not many people know this.

I also kind of lost my brother to a depression drug zoloft. He is a zombie now. I will never get my brother back.

So yes i will hold drug companies accountable for not testing their drugs thoroughly!

I was angry with my doctor at first. But then i realised he was not the one that made the drug. There was a class action law suit against depo and its maker. I never done it but the people still lost. Except for one woman i believe who was disabled and in a wheel chair from it, in another country. I still have back troubler but i thank God everyday i didnt end up in a wheelchair. I had very bad short term paralysis(going up my back and my arm) and i was crying my heart out that i dont end up in a wheelchair.

This may not be everyone's experience but i do still Thank God's love for seeing me through and healing myself. Knowing nature was there for me the whole time and i never knew i was blind to it(i always trusted doctors and science but then what now of my experience that i can now). So no i dont see it as crap and new agey. Just learned people will never understand whats already in our backyards. With drug companies taking corporate control noone probably ever will unless they made that discovery.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

pop_sciencey you are hypocrite, you said:

"There are people who need these drugs on a constant basis who have no history of abuse

Then later you say:

"MJ CHOOSE to do these drugs, he was an addict"

So pop_science what is it, does Mj have no history of abuse or is he an addict? If he is an addict then the doctors should not be prescribing him addictive drugs? Where exactly on the street is he gonna get IV Demerol?

Have you heard his song from 1997 called Morphine where he talks about Demerol? That was 12 years ago. He was an addict and people around him including doctors gave him what he wanted.

I don't care if you are a Counselor, I took Clonazepam for 5 years (doctor said it was not addictive) and Zoloft for 5 years and many other antidepressants (Prozac) I then took Xanax for 5 years.

I went to rehab because I felt something was not right with these drugs and they knew NOTHING (counselors like you) about benzos and took away my whole bottle. By the time I got home 1 week later my mind went into comlete shock so guys like you think you know so much but I don't think you do at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

If those are the medications he took then he was being treated for a psychiatric disorder.

Trying to blame the drug companies is like trying to blame drug makers.

And since there are thousands of celebrities, it is not unreasonable to consider a few to have a drug problem, especially someone with an abusive childhood like MJ.

People forget that most celebrities have serious self esteem issues to go into their fields in teh first place. Many suffer from narcisstic personality disorder(please look it up for accurate definition) and need a constant influx of attention. And even stardom can't satiate it, and turn to partying, alcohol and drugs and sex to try to boost that self esteem. That is why so many go chaotic when their stardom falls, or they get divorced if their spouse has a more successful career.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mandrake

The most overdosed drug in the US?

tylenol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join