It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug companies getting away with celebrities deaths RIP Micheal Jackson

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Micheal Jackson took the same medication that killed Elvis called "demerol".
Side effects listed on this website:
Why has this drug not been taken off the market, after Elvis died.
www.drugs.com...

Demerol Side Effects

Generic name: meperidine

For the consumer

* Demerol
* Demerol Syrup
* Demerol Tablets

For the professional

* Demerol
* Demerol Injection

By body system

* Nervous system side effects
* Psychiatric side effects
* Gastrointestinal side effects
* Other side effects
* Respiratory side effects
* Cardiovascular side effects
* Genitourinary side effects
* Dermatologic side effects
* Musculoskeletal side effects

Side Effects of Demerol - for the consumer

Demerol

All medicines may cause side effects, but ...

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Applesandoranges]

[mod edit: clipped quoted content]
Mod Note: Quoting External sources – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Pharmaceutical companies are gettign away with murder of not just ill people but celebrites. They never report the side effects of the drugs in media(its always reported as pneumonia or overdose) Never the truth of the dangerous side effects. Im sure now it the media they will report as overdose like they did with "Heath Ledger".

Im not goign to sit back idle knowing that side effects in alot of unregulated pharamceutical drugs are nto being taken off the market or go unnoticed because the population trusts these companies and never question it.

Its time to look into the side effects of drugs. Drug companies who rake in billions should not get away with it. But because they conditioned generations of people to trust them noone will wake up to the legal murder sickness industry who pry on people's illness.

Demerol also causes psychiatric problems. Is it no wonder Elvis and Micheal Jackson were being questioned for their state of mind just before they died.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
There has not been an autopsy at this time, this is premature to state. Yes a lot of celebrities die abusing drugs, prescription or street, no secret or conspiracy there, but Micheal's own camp is already stating that he was not well, and was on several medications, but had overused them (reported on HLN)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The side effects alone with the reported deaths from the drug is enough to know that it should be taken off the market.

One person dies from an alternative method and tis all over the news and the company in caught or jailed.

But drug companies have killed millions of people with reported side effects and suddenly its OK why is it OK because they tell us to trust them because they no whats best for us. But most of the drugs are not regulated and FDA just passes through alot of them. They also passed a law that anyone who dies form their drugs families cant take them to court, not even from the side effects.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Prescription drugs are killing many people!

Anna Nicole Smith

abcnews.go.com...

He added that three prescription drugs used for treatment of anxiety and depression likely contributed to the intoxication that led to her death. These were clonapine (commonly known as Clonazepam or Klonopin), diazepam (commonly known as Valium) and lorazepam (commonly known as Atavan).

Heath Ledger

cbs2.com...

Police sources offered strong evidence of that theory to CBS station WCBS-TV, saying bottles of the prescription anxiety drugs Valium and Zoloft, along with the prescription sleeping medication Ambien were all found inside Ledger's $24,000 a month, three-bedroom loft in New York's City tony SoHo neighborhood.

Michael Jackson

www.sfgate.com.../n/a/2007/01/12/stat e/n181602S15.DTL

A pharmacy has filed a lawsuit against Michael Jackson, claiming the singer owes more than $100,000 for prescription drugs over the past two years.

$100,000 dollars and we didn't see this coming!! LOL

And that is just the famous people. Don't trust the drug companies!

Many herbal remedies available, and other options that I won't bring up on ATS.

edit for typo

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Ace High]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
When will people wake up that drug companies are nto in the interest of our health but from our disease and death. Is it no wonder they are the only ones surviving economic collapse. Wake up people!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Demerol has been widey used for 80+ years. The side effects are consistent with any strong narcotic. Most narcotics are natural. Demerol is used as a front line pain medicine in most ER's. Thousands get demerol everyday without incident. The dosages are well known and I would think MJ's personal M.D. would know a good dosage for MJ. More than likely the patient, MJ, had something in his system that the M.D. did not know about. One of MJ's assistants might have given MJ something on the sly that they did not tell MJ or his doctor about.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
news.ninemsn.com.au...

He was addicted to demerol the reports are now saying.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
In this case, just as with Elvis, the problem would seem more the individual than the drug itself.

As previously mentioned Demerol is administered in hospitals and ERs thousand of times each day with little or no significant incidence of side effects.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
In this case, just as with Elvis, the problem would seem more the individual than the drug itself.

As previously mentioned Demerol is administered in hospitals and ERs thousand of times each day with little or no significant incidence of side effects.

I was about to say we administer that stuff all the time other than allergic reactions which I've seen 2 in 8 years I've not seen anything bad come of the drug when using it as prescribed. Heck too much water can kill you.

I thought 2 things in Jackson's death, either suicide or accidental overdose/organ failure due to overdose. Most people I talked to last night at the hospital instantly assumed it was drug related due to overdose or a bad combination of medical drugs.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is like blaming the water company for selling a faulty product when someone drowns in a swimming pool. Give me a friggin' break!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Seriously. How can you blame the drug companies for these people's utter disregard for proper use of these drugs? Not that drug companies are blameless in general but the notion that they are somehow accountable for celebrity abuse of prescription drugs is absurd bordering on insane. How about the physicians prescribing and/or administering these drugs? In Anna Nicole's case look at the shopping list of drugs that woman was taking. Where was the professional accountability? It isn't the drug companies people. It's the individual up to the point where they are no longer able to think responsibly and then it is the practitioners who are providing and/or administering these drugs. MJ wasn't writing his own prescriptions.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Don't blame the drug companies fools, the real fool is the idiot who injected a powerful pill.

The pill is already very powerful by taking it orally, but iv'ing it? The effect is increased by like 100%, I would know *Cough*.

So don't blame the company, blame the idiot who thinks he was cool enough to inject painkiller's [snip]

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Mr_Sushkov]

Removed discussion of illegal substance

[edit on 10/7/09 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

(NaturalNews) That Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett both died in the last 48 hours is shocking news to many, but it's not nearly as surprising as the fact that they were both killed by Big Pharma's toxic drugs.

Michael Jackson, we now know, died from an injection of Demerol given by his doctor -- a man who is now the subject of an LAPD manhunt. There is little question that the injection of Demerol -- a potent pharmaceutical -- caused Jackson's death. Chalk it up to yet another tragic loss of a hugely inspiring artist who has become a victim of the pharmaceutical industry and overzealous medical doctors.

naturalnews.com...

Mod Edit: Reduced External Quote, Added Link.

[edit on 27/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Applesandoranges

Holy cow lets throw out the bath water and the baby while we are at it.

Hysterical proclamations aside, we do not know what caused his death and if it was demerol, and he overdosed on it then how exactly is this the fault of big pharma?

:shk:

I drive my car faster than the speed limit and get into an accident what about the EVIL car company that made it

[edit on 6/27/09 by FredT]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Applesandoranges
Pharmaceutical companies are gettign away with murder of not just ill people but celebrites.

Are you placing higher value on the lives of celebrites? Sounds like a call to action to me.

They never report the side effects of the drugs in media(its always reported as pneumonia or overdose) Never the truth of the dangerous side effects. Im sure now it the media they will report as overdose like they did with "Heath Ledger".

Never? You were able to quote them with your opening ramble and side effects are listed on every med. What about personal resposnability before you take something? A little do dillegence eh?

Heath ledger? I mean you take large quanties of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine bad things are going to happen. Same goes for herbal stuff which at high doses can be just as toxic.

Im not goign to sit back idle knowing that side effects in alot of unregulated pharamceutical drugs are nto being taken off the market or go unnoticed because the population trusts these companies and never question it.

If you are dumb enough to injest drugs without doing a bit or research why should the rest of the general population that may need said medication be penalized because you overdosed the stuff or were too lazy?

Its time to look into the side effects of drugs. Drug companies who rake in billions should not get away with it. But because they conditioned generations of people to trust them noone will wake up to the legal murder sickness industry who pry on people's illness.

Its called looking at the side of the box you medication came in or the literature that comes with it.

Demerol also causes psychiatric problems. Is it no wonder Elvis and Micheal Jackson were being questioned for their state of mind just before they died.

We dont know what killed Jackson and Elvis died of an overdose. If you drink too much water that will kill you. Hey lets not let those murdering municipal water companies get away with it!!!!!

[edit on 6/27/09 by FredT]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
To understand you will need to take a look at the heirachy system and the psychological warfare being purportated through mass deception and mass conditioning through the 200 years medical institutions took a strong hold.

You can read my thread here on how it all started:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also read history how at the time the dominance of the medical companies during the time of the administration of vaccines during the plagues and how at the time people who were jailed for using folk remedies and how this dominance is still being played out today. How also did the four theives of France not able to die with their herbal remedies. How many of the diseases were already starting to eradicate at the time. But then again this is for another discussion and topic and not for me to debate.

Psychological warefare and corporate dominance of drug companies can be seen through how they advertise. How they treat doctors as the middleman of whom they lavish with expensive holidays and gifts to prescribe their certain drugs at the expense of the victim(the consumer, the nobody, the revenue asset). Malpractice of the doctor during Micheal Jackson's case is another story. What im describing is the toxic effects of these legalised drugs and how they actually claim dominance in society and how easily they get away with the inflictions the drugs cause.

During the Vioxx scandal and the bayer scandal with Aids that killed many people and children how was it that drug companies were able to get away with not being persecuted and jailed? Was it a coverup or as they always saying its an 'accident' and get away with it? How could it obviously be an accident if they use the best testing facilities and years of research unless of course the FDA did not do their job properly of protecting the people. How is it that the drug companies save their own asses and it never is questioned(most probably their dominance over society and politicians and and whats taught in universities?). Now let me get to psychological warfare.

Psychological warfare of the dominance of drug companies who also have dominance over the doctor and FDA. If anyones to blame its always the doctor(middleman) and FDA(the protector). The victim is the slave the one who did not change his lifestyle who did not look after themselves the numnut who falls victim to addiction and toxic substances therein and who forever gives his life savings for his own health so that his symptoms can be masked by the drug that never cures.

Now to the victim the one plagued by psychological warfare on his heath. The one who MUST go to the doctor to seek his advice. The one who MUST got to the doctor before he subjects himself to the food grown in anture and the herbal medicines thereof. The one who MUST seek the doctors advice so that the doctor has dominance over the health of the victim. The drug companies assett. Open your eyes and ears people and start questioning the system who is under the guise of caring for you.

So in the end it comes down to who gets away with murder legally? Who saves their own asses in order for the blame to go to someone else. Who claims corporate dominance. Who is to blame when so many victims die.

But its ok that millions of people die from drug related deaths every year. But its even better when someone is jailed for prescribing what nature has given man over millenia and has nurtured man from the beginning and has millenia of testimony and proof of its worth without the need of further testing. That man my friend is jailed over how many years of it being known to people.

Now if you dont mind im going outside in to the illusional & dillusional so called "real world" so i can use it as much as it uses me.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
the drug companies are giving the public what they want, drugs that work.
it isn't their fault that degenerates overdose and mix drugs like if they were jellybeans and end up dead.

blame the degenerate not the drug maker.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills
the drug companies are giving the public what they want, drugs that work.
it isn't their fault that degenerates overdose and mix drugs like if they were jellybeans and end up dead.

blame the degenerate not the drug maker.

Drug companies make more money when they sell more drugs, especially drugs that make the user "feel" good. What is more addictive than feeling good. Drug companies have not created a cure for many, many diseases. But they do have a large number of feel good anti-depressant drugs, these mood altering drugs can be very addictive and dangerous. Many more have been killed by "legal" prescription pills than certain illegal drugs.

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2002/10/ 01/MN210951.DTL&type=printable

Aggressive marketing is the norm in the pharmaceutical industry. For years, drug makers have treated doctors to free Broadway plays, weekend trips, expensive meals and other perks. Many companies have rewarded middlemen, known as pharmacy benefit managers, for putting their products on lists of recommended drugs, known as formularies. Some companies have also rewarded doctors and drugstores for switching patients from one medication to another.

Now let's look how drug companies are working to addict children, who needs a drug pusher on the streets to hook the kids on a lifetime dependency on a product that has more side effects than I care to imagine.

www.infoniac.com...

According to the records of the national drug buying agency Pharmac, thousands of antidepressant drugs prescriptions are annually given for children under 10. Medical authorities are seriously concerned by the figures showing that antidepressants are prescribed even for kids less than a year old. Babies are not subjected to depression and doctors could not name any reason for giving them antidepressant drugs.

Please read that again! Babies less than a year old. Man that Doc must have really wanted that vacation in Cabo!

Anyone who thinks this is just about celebrities is mistaken. I have two older relatives that have been enabled by doctors and are now severely addicted to a multitude of medications. One is six feet under, the other one is hanging on by a thread and I fear the dreaded call could come any day.

Drug giant Phizer plead guilty to criminal misconduct in 2004;

www.boston.com...

Warner-Lambert, a division of the giant pharmaceutical company Pfizer Inc., has agreed to plead guilty to criminal conduct and pay $430 million in fines to resolve charges that it illegally marketed its top-selling epilepsy drug, Neurontin, for illnesses ranging from manic depression to hiccups.

That's right epilepsy drug for hiccups!

The list could go on and on. This is especially dangerous for the elderly. Here's how the scam goes:

1 - Drug company bribes. cajoles, sweet talks, and markets their drugs to both doctors and the general public. We are talking 100's of millions in marketing.

2 - Doctors enjoy the kickbacks and the patients make it easy for them when they come into the office and say, 'Hey, these are my symptoms, I saw this ad for "fill in the blank drug" can I get a prescription?" Sure!!!

3- Elderly patient fills prescription on the governments dime and they get high easy and free.

4 - Repeat with as many doctors as necessary.

Big business running all over the average citizen leaving a trail of funerals and law suits in their wake.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Ace High]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_Sushkov

Yeah.... Soooo.... You do realize Demerol comes as an injectable, right? Actually, we use about 10x more of the injection as the oral in this hospital.

While I'm here, I'd also like to ask: Were you saying people are fools for needing pain relief, or were you calling people fools based on an assumption you made?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join