It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Origins of Human Beings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by HappyBunny

Not when God brings you together and gives you both to or unto each other. You see ?

That's a heck of a lot different than saying he gave her to you.

He didn't, you know. The thing that brought you together is something we call hormones.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

[

Nice display of interpretation but that's all I see. I like mine better.
edit on 19-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The thing that brought you together is something we call hormones.

The depth of a watery dinner plate persists. It's called love, the real key to lasting marrige. You should try it sometime. Far better than hormones. Remeber you wrote it not me.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

Oh alright Barcs have it your way. I lack the human compassion your loved ones enjoy. Does your mother get the same kind of love your wife does? I'll answer that for you with faith in your morality and say for God sakes no.
So come on now you're going into a dead end clutching at straws here so to speak.

I'm not saying I'm right or your wrong, just trying to understand how the whole loving god more than family thing works. I could see the love being equal, but where does that extra love come from if you already love your family with your whole heart? Either you don't and that's reserved for god only, or you do, and love god the same, because your whole heart, is your whole heart. Obviously you don't love your wife in the same way you love your mom, but that doesn't mean you love one any less than another. It's a different type of love, but it's still love, no? I'm just philosophizing here. I'd die to save my family even if god himself told me not to.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

God would never tell you not too. In fact it is encouraged that you do. There should be enough room in your heart
to encompass all the love that is required for everything. It is required that you love the one responsible for all that you have or in the end you have nothing. You will see this hopefully before the time is to late. And on and on and on.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Double postoid.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'd be interested in hearing how it is possible that in heaven everything is perfect. I mean, I would think that if for example my hypothetical wife or kid was denied entrance, I'd be feeling extremely sad. Any thoughts?

edit.

Also, how come the entity in charge is considered such a nice guy, considering that not believing in it is enough reason for eternal torture.
edit on 19-3-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Doesn't look like the scientific method at all, does it? The irony there is astounding.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Sorry we're getting to far away from origins. PM me.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

The thing that brought you together is something we call hormones.

The depth of a watery dinner plate persists. It's called love, the real key to lasting marrige. You should try it sometime. Far better than hormones. Remeber you wrote it not me.

You can slice it any way you like, it's still hormonal. Of course love exists, but once you understand why it exists and how, you can put up with a lot more than someone with an idealized, romanticized version of love.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
reply to post by randyvs

I'd be interested in hearing how it is possible that in heaven everything is perfect. I mean, I would think that if for example my hypothetical wife or kid was denied entrance, I'd be feeling extremely sad. Any thoughts?

edit.

Also, how come the entity in charge is considered such a nice guy, considering that not believing in it is enough reason for eternal torture.
edit on 19-3-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

Exodus 20:5: "Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me..."

Not to mention he's jealous to the point we'd call him a control freak.

Exodus 20: "Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

"Gods" plural? But I thought he was the only one?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Oh hell I guess your right Bunny. Guess I don't know anything when you angrily take things out of context.

You didn't have to turn into a hateful sap about it.

God is allowed to speak of how stupid men were to have other Gods before him like money, rock stars, ancient aliens. Who really only amount to demons.
edit on 20-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

And that's why it's not objective, unlike the other forces you referenced.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero
reply to post by randyvs

And that's why it's not objective, unlike the other forces you referenced.

No information here. Lets go back to origins.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

God would never tell you not too. In fact it is encouraged that you do. There should be enough room in your heart
to encompass all the love that is required for everything. It is required that you love the one responsible for all that you have or in the end you have nothing. You will see this hopefully before the time is to late. And on and on and on.

The only issue with that, is that it's a guess. Nobody knows for a fact that god exists. It is not possible to know right now. I can't possibly love something that may or may not exist more than my family. I know my family exists, I know I love them. God is still a what if, and sacrificing your life for a what if is not very smart thinking. But again, you can't love your family with your whole heart soul and mind, if that is reserved for god. You'd have to love them less, or love them equally to avoid. Wasn't it Job whom god murdered his whole family, took his land and made him sick, all because of a bet with the devil? No god that does that is going to get any love from me. Maybe we'll discover god someday, but for now I don't get caught up in maybes when making important life decisions.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

I do love them less but still love them with all my heart. I love God with all my heart, soul and mind I guess is what the difference is after giving up my pigheadedness and picking up the Bible and having a look. So what you say I can give you, where I was wrong not to include the other sources of love. I guess love is not something that comes only from the heart accordingly. I do hope for you someday the subjecated proof you apparently need comes your way. I figured out what I would and would not believe a long time ago. To this day nothing makes as much sense to me as the Bible. Full of wisdom for me.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I see what you are saying, but the bible is nothing new to me. I used to be an avid follower and believed it actually was absolute truth. If proof comes my way, sure I'll believe it. If god knows me, he already knows how easily he could convince me of his existence, and if he's all powerful I don't see a reason not to prove himself to the world, when everyone has a different version or interpretation of him and people are murdering each other over it. Why not set the record straight if our eternity is on the line? That is pure negligence. This is where my skepticism comes in, and I feel if there is a god, it is a non interfering god, that lets nature run its course and isn't concerned about something as petty as worship, as long as the person lives a life with empathy for others.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

I know what point you were suggesting. I was showing that there isn't any evidence that our DNA has come from anywhere other than Earth. There isn't any evidence of God or gods either! We're extraordinary critters, but fairly terrestrial. Have a look at Homo Erectus...2 million years old and using tools.

I think you are the type of person, who believes what he is taught in school, and trusts authority implicitly, and does not question the status quo, because there is soooo much evidence contrary to what you are saying, the only way you might avoid it, was if you refused to look or refused to accept it.

For instance, footprints were discovered in Mexico of modern man, in volcanic ash, dated at 1.3 mya.

Now the fact that later, people tried to make that go away, has not made it go away and it cannot go away, because 20 PhD's put their name on it at first, and stated that these were human footprints. Then later when it was properly dated, 10 more PhD's put their stamp on the date as being at least 1.3 million years old.

And so then, since ALL the studies done on DNA to date, are in no way compatible with this fact, one can only conclude that the studies are erroneous and false and worse, being used to further a belief system, and an agenda.

Recent data has shown that the DNA research is mere manipulation of data, in a bad use of superior knowledge, and a very trusting public. Not unlike a broadcast of any military operation in the middle east, it steers well clear of any truth.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7
For instance, footprints were discovered in Mexico of modern man, in volcanic ash, dated at 1.3 mya.

Now the fact that later, people tried to make that go away, has not made it go away and it cannot go away, because 20 PhD's put their name on it at first, and stated that these were human footprints. Then later when it was properly dated, 10 more PhD's put their stamp on the date as being at least 1.3 million years old.

Sounds very interesting. Please provide a link to a proper source so I can verify it. How can they tell apart the footprint of modern man and e.g. Homo erectus, especially from some lava thing? To me this sounds like proof of Homo erectus or some other hominid making it to Americas, but I'm not going to let my imagination run before I can verify that what you say is even true..

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Sorry if this comes across as a knee-jerk reaction as it may have already been covered elsewhere, (excuse my spontaneity, its curiosity that provoked this reply, not malice) plus Im no scientist so could be talkin codsh*t? But Are we (homo-sapien) the only species known to have what they describe as "junk" DNA? Also, is this "junk" DNA (or spare bits! Told you im no scientist) only found in man-made GMO cloned organisms, as surely mother nature doesnt make mistakes with something so fundamental as DNA construction?
Personally im a believer in interventionism as so much of what Lloyd Pye explains makes so much sense to me, and answers many of our histories mysteries in a way it makes you slap your forehead as the metaphorical penny drops with a bang?
We just aint adapted to this planet like everything else is? We cant even walk propper? LoL

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join