It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Four Stages of Revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Good video here describing the four stages of revolution:
en.sevenload.com...
Part two is here:
en.sevenload.com...
This uses movie clips to illustrate a controversial point.
We need a revolution like we need a hole in the head(IMO), but
nothing else may work to put the people back in charge.
If you missed the banker bailout(S), they would have been some
good clues to pick up on the fact that this country has basically
been turned into one big vegas strip club(mall), run by the mob,
and all highly financed by the banksters.

This country hasn't been in the hands of the people for a very long time.
Are these people preaching revolution really want that or know what that will bring?
Who is a friend and who becomes the enemy? (tell us so we all know here, thanks)
What do you think ATS, right on or just plain wrong? Peace to you all anyway!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

I don't want revolution. I can already tell you who the enemy will be though, it will be the people that want a big intrusive government like we have now.

It would be genocide. I don't want to get into it anymore than that, but we have gotten away from the Constitution and that is what people want to get back too. States rights.

Edit to add to clarify - The people that want the federal government to solve their problems because they don't want to make the necessary sacrifices to move to another state.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Star, and Flag. I heard revolution, and came running. Hey, let's kick'em all out, and let the pieces fall where they may; let'em lay there. We only need to stand up strong enough, and things don't need to be this way.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by dodadoom

I don't want revolution. I can already tell you who the enemy will be though, it will be the people that want a big intrusive government like we have now.

It would be genocide. I don't want to get into it anymore than that, but we have gotten away from the Constitution and that is what people want to get back too. States rights.

Edit to add to clarify - The people that want the federal government to solve their problems because they don't want to make the necessary sacrifices to move to another state.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

I don't think it's fair to make such a bold statement.

I want balanced government, not overbearing government and certainly not bare-bones government.

No government means all the fools with guns can run around doing what they want. That's not smart either.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
S & F

Wow, a most inlightening movie.

Thank you for sharing.

Stages of Revolution

A. The Old Regime

1. Economically weak- the government has deficits and must tax.

2. Politically weak - the government is ineffective and cannot enforce policy.

3. Intellectuals desert - reformers speak out against the government.

4. Class antagonism - there is a conflict between the old regime and new forces.

B. First Stages of the Revolution

1. Symbolic actions - there is a rallying point against the old regime.

2. Planning - the new forces plan a "spontaneous" revolt.

3. Role of Force - the government cannot repress the rebellion.

C. Rule of the Moderates (Center)

1. Dual sovereignty - there is a better organized and obeyed government.

2. moderates take over mechanism of government - make a new constitution: fight a war.

D. Accession of the Extremists (Left)

1. Coup d'etat - the illegal government seizes power.

2. Organization - a small number of devoted, disciplined radicals govern.

E. Reigns of Terror and Virtue

1. Forced conformity or punishment

2. Spread the gospel of revolution

3. Causes of terror: habitual violence, pressure of war, economics; class or ideological struggles

F. Thermidore (Center)

1. First convalescence from the fever of revolution

2. Amnesty or representation

3.Return of pleasure, religion, status quo

Adapted from Crane Brinton's The Anatomy of Revolution( New York: Vintage Books, 1958)

Excellent video hope many check it out, very poignant.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy

Revolution is the festival of the oppressed” - Germaine Greer

There was much in such a society that was primitive and insecure and it certainly could never measure up to the demands of the present epoch. But in such a society are contained the seeds of revolutionary democracy in which none will be held in slave” - Nelson Mandela

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" -- Patrick Henry

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.- Abraham Lincoln

Sometimes my friend things need to get shaken up a bit to even stuff out.

America is over due for another revolution. If and when the majority of working smucks figure out how Washington has become bedfellows with Corporate America look out the poopie is going to hit the fan.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
In the current climate, there would be absolutely nothing worse than this thing degrading into a revolution. Really a counter-revolution. Let's face it, there have been about a half dozen coup d'etats in the United States between 1787 and 2009.

1. Federalist coup over the US under Abraham Lincoln. Marks the beginning of the police state in the US. If only the South had won...

2. Second Bank of the United States established a central bank. It took Andrew Jackson his entire time as president to wrestle America back from the grip of these vipers and parasites.

3. Federal Reserve Act of 1913 passes, signing the US government over to a group of international bankers. The FRA essentially made the Treasury department a dummy organization. The treasury has since become a subsidiary of the IMF, which is an organ of the United Nations.

4. John Kennedy, Dallas, November 22, 1963, the Military-Industrial Complex, aligned with the Monopoly Capitalists who own the Federal Reserve System, successfully conducts a coup d'etat against the United States. Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King's deaths cement their new stranglehold on American policy. Congress officially becomes ancillary, the Continuity of Government structure is born out of the war in Vietnam as an outgrowth of the Cold War.

5. Jimmy Carter elected president. Council on Foreign Relations and Trilateral Commission seize control over every level and facet of US government. CFR and TC use the US Government to fight several covert wars in the Middle East "against the Soviets", creating what Americans later will idiotically call "Al Qaeda".

6. George W. Bush steals two elections, takes this country to two unwinnable wars, siphoning off billions, and crippling the US Economy and the US's image around the world. George W. Bush was born to destroy the USA. Google "George H. Scherff" and take a look. Alternatively, google "project camelot tesla tribute" and scroll to the end of the page, where you'll find a link to a small book worth of material, tracing the Bush and Walker family genealogies back to Germany at the turn of the last century. Like father, like son.

There are a few in there that I didn't mention, like the attempted coup against Ronald Reagan by "Poppy" Bush. The Iran Contra scandal came out of those eight or nine months when Bush 41 had control of the presidency.

Nothing could be worse than a civil war, pitting patriots against police and military, brother against brother, father against son. That scenario, let's not forget, would be the dream come true of: Russia, China, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Venezuela, and many others. At the same time, if the US falls, NATO gets its balls cut off. With NATO gone, it will be taken into the fold of the UN. It's all coming together. By 2012, goofy end-of-the-world garbage aside, the world will look a lot different. Paradoxically, it's been proven time and time again that a peaceful resolution to this problem is impossible.

Course it doesn't help having a narcissistic Marxist atheist and his group of demonic minions in the White House.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KleptoPsychotic

Thank you for that!
Excellent work on the time line!
Badly needed and right on time!

All I can say is the clues are all there peeps.
I wish us nothing but good luck!
Thank you everyone for your posts!

Stars!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Everyone here has valid points, in spite of disagreeing in context among each other.

Yes, it would be a huge genocide. This society is barely held together by a very thin, damn near transparent law enforcement group, some better than others. The slightest crack, and anarchy will bloom.

Transportation will cease, as will trucks delivering goods, including fuel and food. More anarchy, more violence to take required needs.

The fever would sustain itself and simultaneously feed upon itself for months, and more likely - years.

Millions would die. Those who need refrigerated medications, such as insulin, who only have about a thirty day supply on hand - they'd die.

Sick people. Young. Old. Pacifists. Liberals. Unlucky. I would agree, that it would be a significant reduction in our population.

But hell fire. This can't continue as is.

It's like being surrounded, they've closed in on you, and all you have is a grenade.

So what the hell. You pull the pin and toss it straight up, knowing that your situation isn't going to get any worse for the effort.

The most miserable of human conditions is a state of uncertainty.

Washington is a lunatic bin, and if anyone here has a damn clue as to their NEXT act of stupidity, please share with us.

Better yet, someone kick this thing off. One way or the other, our continued misery will be concluded, and we can get back to values and making our lives better.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I've always seen america as kind of a target. Like how all the up and comings wanna beat up the biggest guy in the school. So it kinda makes me wonder what would happen to you, america, if you had a revolution. It seems inevitable that other major powers would be licking their chops, the bankers would move along, and said powers would be temporarily propped up so as to gain the trust of the next target country.

On the other hand you might just be invaded. I mean, it'd be sucha huge score who knows? if the military-industrial complex had it within their minds to take over power during a violent revolution i can't for the life of me think of a recourse you'd have.

but of course, it's still worth it. It'd just be hard. Hard....that's something we have to re-learn in north america isn't it? being hard?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I think any sane, rational, prudent nations who would love to tackle the US during this period, would decide, "hell no. Those SOB's are crazy! They're killing each other right and left, the civilians are heavily armed, and there's no percentage in it for us."

Some groups would set out to settle old scores. But even the Wild, Wild West was eventually settled, and law and order was the rule. It takes time, and those who survive the hard times are some really tough, no-nonsense SOB's.

That's why liberals in their current form are a very recent mutation. They are like buzzards that come in long after the kill, and feed off the freebies.

Things go tits up, liberals die faster and in greater numbers than any other group. Thank God.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

define heavily armed tho? For soem reason in my mind i'm reminded of the saying "quality, not quantity". hand guns and ak's are great, but in civil war the level of organized resistance would be greatly reduced, propaganda increased, almost like there would be an almost exclusive import of confusion.

People who want power have attained it, and will do anything to keep it. They will lie to us and tell us they're for us, but they'll betray us when their ends are met. Am i referring to the rand corp? or aliens? or the brits? or chinese sympathizers, etc? I don't know.

All i know is greatest and most historically successful method of control is the mind#.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Heavily armed? Since our military members are basically Americans, I suppose some of them would be bringing what they could get their hands on.

The civilian population already have armored vehicles, heavy machineguns, grenades, and all the explosives one would need.

No artillery, but then again, it's not practical in a state of anarchy.

Tanks are good. Tanks are great. For a couple hours, and then you're out of fuel.

So tanks aren't that good.

Heavily armed is a relative term.

Ants can consume an elephant.

One bite at a time.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The population of america is not that large, so who would be the ants? The ants of other countries would love to take down the elephant that has been stomping them wontonly for the last, oh, hundred years lets say.

The un might step in, which would set the precedent of it being the mightiest power in the world. UN troops in the states...they go in uninvited and the world would see this instability. Couple the instability with revenge and you'd have a large portion of the world with something to gain from america's downfall.

new topics

top topics

join