It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by dodadoom
I don't want revolution. I can already tell you who the enemy will be though, it will be the people that want a big intrusive government like we have now.
It would be genocide. I don't want to get into it anymore than that, but we have gotten away from the Constitution and that is what people want to get back too. States rights.
Edit to add to clarify - The people that want the federal government to solve their problems because they don't want to make the necessary sacrifices to move to another state.
[edit on 26-6-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]
Stages of Revolution
A. The Old Regime
1. Economically weak- the government has deficits and must tax.
2. Politically weak - the government is ineffective and cannot enforce policy.
3. Intellectuals desert - reformers speak out against the government.
4. Class antagonism - there is a conflict between the old regime and new forces.
B. First Stages of the Revolution
1. Symbolic actions - there is a rallying point against the old regime.
2. Planning - the new forces plan a "spontaneous" revolt.
3. Role of Force - the government cannot repress the rebellion.
C. Rule of the Moderates (Center)
1. Dual sovereignty - there is a better organized and obeyed government.
2. moderates take over mechanism of government - make a new constitution: fight a war.
D. Accession of the Extremists (Left)
1. Coup d'etat - the illegal government seizes power.
2. Organization - a small number of devoted, disciplined radicals govern.
E. Reigns of Terror and Virtue
1. Forced conformity or punishment
2. Spread the gospel of revolution
3. Causes of terror: habitual violence, pressure of war, economics; class or ideological struggles
F. Thermidore (Center)
1. First convalescence from the fever of revolution
2. Amnesty or representation
3.Return of pleasure, religion, status quo
Adapted from Crane Brinton's The Anatomy of Revolution( New York: Vintage Books, 1958)
“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy
Revolution is the festival of the oppressed” - Germaine Greer
There was much in such a society that was primitive and insecure and it certainly could never measure up to the demands of the present epoch. But in such a society are contained the seeds of revolutionary democracy in which none will be held in slave” - Nelson Mandela
"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" -- Patrick Henry
This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.- Abraham Lincoln